Zach Hyman 1st 50 goal season

Mar 31, 2022
It's too bad we lost him in Toronto as a "cap casualty". A decent GM would have been a few million dollars smarter.

He always had the drive and relentless board work in Toronto, but his hands were lackluster. He also had a couple of underwhelming playoff appearances, partially due to injury. It's quite impressive to see how far along his prowess with the puck, near the net, has come along. And past injuries don't seem to be plaguing him at all.

Glad to see him doing well and being a huge net positive in the league.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

EdzosCrayon

Apr 4, 2013
Most hockey fans have an appalling lack of understanding that it takes a special kind of talent to develop and maintain chemistry with the best player in the world.
Yeah, in general I think people tend to exaggerate the impact of playing with elite players. I'm not saying it doesn't help...believe me, I'm a Hawks fan and not a single one of us will claim Bedard wouldn't have more points right now if he wasn't the only top six forward on the team. I just mean people tend to think the best in the league can turn 4th liners into 1st liners or claim things like "hell, me and my beer league buddies could pot at least 20 in the NHL if we played with McDavid." No you f**king couldn't, shut up.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I remember back when he was in Toronto, Leafs fans were trying to say that he was better than Brendan Gallagher. They were wrong then, but now that he's in Edmonton I can see their point :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad