Zach Hyman 1st 50 goal season

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Drafted in 5th round, 1. NHL game as a 24 years old guy.

Goal to assists ratio 50:19!

Clearly a product of McDavid. But on the other side, you must be a good player to play with McDavid in one line. :nod:

TopShelfYzerman

Gm 7 Double OT
Jan 3, 2011
USA
www.youtube.com
Yeah, in general I think people tend to exaggerate the impact of playing with elite players. I'm not saying it doesn't help...believe me, I'm a Hawks fan and not a single one of us will claim Bedard wouldn't have more points right now if he wasn't the only top six forward on the team. I just mean people tend to think the best in the league can turn 4th liners into 1st liners or claim things like "hell, me and my beer league buddies could pot at least 20 in the NHL if we played with McDavid." No you f**king couldn't, shut up.
Big difference between you and Zach Hymen, just as theres a big difference between Hymen and Matthews

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
One of the best players in the league in tight to the net and it turns out that's the best skill you can have when playing with an offense generating machine like McDavid.

Makes me wonder how many goals guys like Pavelski, Hornqvist, Holmstrom etc would've had with McJesus.

Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Toronto could've kept Hyman & Kadri (plus freed up a salary of an additional forward) for the cost of Tavares.

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
Hard to catch the best but being the second best scorer in the NHL even for just one season is pretty impressive.

Better scorer than Pastrnak, McDavid, Draisaitl, MacKinnon, Ovechkin... everyone but the God of Scoring.

Draisaitl's career high in scoring is 55 goals, it would be nice to see Hyman beat that.
Perfect response lol.

He's scored more goals than every single player in the league EXCEPT Matthews and somehow that's used as a knock on Matthews.

Leafs derangement syndrome.

He’s on team Canada (assuming he keeps close to this level of play) guaranteed. He’s turned into one hell of a player
Hyman, Reinhart, and Robert Thomas are three players I think have played themselves onto team Canada this season.

Reactions: nbwingsfan

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Hard to catch the best but being the second best scorer in the NHL even for just one season is pretty impressive.

Better scorer than Pastrnak, McDavid, Draisaitl, MacKinnon, Ovechkin... everyone but the God of Scoring.

Draisaitl's career high in scoring is 55 goals, it would be nice to see Hyman beat that.
Mackinnons high is 64 .....let's see if Matthews can beat that

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I’m honestly ignorant to this,

but can someone explain to me how league wide scoring being up makes it inherently easier for a player to put the puck in the net?

Is it the goalies aren’t as good as the years prior or the players getting better? Or is it a league wide thing that teams are playing looser?

Reactions: Strangle

Chelis Chili

Proud HFB member since 21 years [sic!]
Dec 26, 2002
Hockeytown
Who is the oldest?
there are two:

Hyman_March25-24114705.png

sauce: https://media.nhl.com/public/news/17850

Reactions: jigglysquishy

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
As unlikely a 50-goal scorer he is, he always has worked hard and has made the most of his opportunity in Edmonton. Good for him.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
One of the best players in the league in tight to the net and it turns out that's the best skill you can have when playing with an offense generating machine like McDavid.

Makes me wonder how many goals guys like Pavelski, Hornqvist, Holmstrom etc would've had with McJesus.

Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Toronto could've kept Hyman & Kadri (plus freed up a salary of an additional forward) for the cost of Tavares.
6 years ago Taveras was much better that Kadri and Hymen especially in star status.

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
6 years ago Taveras was much better that Kadri and Hymen especially in star status.
He was a better player in a vacuum but he was never a good signing. 11 million for more of what we already had (high end skill, zero grit or ability to play playoff style hockey). Kadri & Hyman were exactly what we needed. Both could score 30+ goals and both could drag Toronto into the fight.

Last edited:

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Hyman was a 30-35 caliber goalscorer and probably improved to around 40 ish at this point without McDavid. That's still awesome.

McDavid probably gives him 10 ish goals that he otherwise wouldn't have. I mean he has a lot of tap ins. 50 is still a lot and commendable but I view him as a great top line 40 ish goal guy anywhere else.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Lets see Highman do it again next year. People saying he's a product playing with McDavid. It's the other way around. McDavid is a product playing with Highman.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Loved Hyman ever since we both won Gold medals at the 2013 Maccabi Games in Israel. He won for Canada in the Open division and I won for USA in the old man over 40 division. All teams stayed at the same kibbutz so got to hang out with some of his teammates. He was just a baby on that team, but already one of the better players. Been following and rooting for him ever since.

Reactions: kingpest19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad