Value of: Zach Bogosian

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Brace for impact, incoming Sabres move today.
Bogo being waved, Gilmour (D) and Hammond (G) called up...….

somethings about to happen, and it may very well involve Bogo...……...

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011

Most likely injury call up.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA

or they'd prefer Pilut play in Roch tmrw and Gilmour sits in the pressbox as 7D...or Gilmour can play F if forced into action because of Froliks illness. Hows that Risto trade comin?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Then how do you know he's a good dude?

The amount he does for community and just the impression you get from listening to him speak. He went to school about an hour or so away from where I grew up and I've talked to ppl that knew/know him.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

You were right. They got him off the roster and moved him to the AHL where he belongs.

Glad they fulfilled his desire to play elsewhere.

Reactions: seagull

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Why shouldn't one of the teams with a lot of cap space claim him? He is a UFA at the end of the season. Or is he having injury issues as always?

Teams with lots of cap space would probably be better looking at their own internal guys to assess if they have NHL-level talent in their depth rather than wasting time and money on Bogosian.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
You were right. They got him off the roster and moved him to the AHL where he belongs.

Glad they fulfilled his desire to play elsewhere.
It was a half hearted attempt at humor. Some still seem sore about the Risto thing, but yes, it would appear he is to report to the Amerks. Hutton maintenance day would explain the Hammond call up, and I guess they need that extra D, so Gilmour. But the Bogo thing, unless he refuses to report or retires, looks Amerks bound. All kidding put aside, I feel for the guy, injuries really plagued his career, at least here in Buffalo.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I don't know if nobody claimed him because of his contract, but me seeing him clear like that tells me he's not getting traded. But what I can see happening is he signs as a UFA with a team that needs a 6/7 D at a price as low as $750,000.

I could see him signing with Boston, Chicago, NYR or Detroit.

Or he plays out in Europe.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I don't know if nobody claimed him because of his contract, but me seeing him clear like that tells me he's not getting traded. But what I can see happening is he signs as a UFA with a team that needs a 6/7 D at a price as low as $750,000.

I could see him signing with Boston, Chicago, NYR or Detroit.

Or he plays out in Europe.

If he was making under $2M now buffalo would have traded him.

He can still play defense in a bottom pair role

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Teams with lots of cap space would probably be better looking at their own internal guys to assess if they have NHL-level talent in their depth rather than wasting time and money on Bogosian.

I could see a team who was looking to trade their vet Dmen for something and had younger ones in the A but wanted to keep them there could claim him with him replacing who they traded.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I could see a team who was looking to trade their vet Dmen for something and had younger ones in the A but wanted to keep them there could claim him with him replacing who they traded.

Still not worth it.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018

What if they go deep into playoffs and don't have enough NHL ready Defensemen especially when injuries pile up?

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
He could very well end up a Jet, unless there is still heat between him and the Jets.......which is entirely possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad