Value of: Zach Bogosian

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Heck yes.. they need D help Now...reduced costs... other wise its gonna be a short playoff run if playoffs at all.... of course he isnt the answer but the leafs are one D injury away from collapse. Can you imagine if muzzin or barrie got hurt right now ??

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Heck yes.. they need D help Now...reduced costs... other wise its gonna be a short playoff run if playoffs at all.... of course he isnt the answer but the leafs are one D injury away from collapse. Can you imagine if muzzin or barrie got hurt right now ??
Dude, Bogosian sucks. He is in no way "D help". I'd rather play Marincin....and i can't stand Marincin.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If they go the mutual contract termination route there should be lots of interest around the league for around league minimum.
That’s probably what he is thinking. Made about $4.5/$6 mill so far this season. Willing to sacrifice the remaining $1.5 mill to earn around $200K or so in a minimum contract with a good team.

If buffalo could not trade him at 50% retained might as well go ahead and terminate the contract. Unless they have another Dman that they wish to trade in which case they may not want Zach to be on the open market.

Mick Jagr

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com
If his contract gets terminated then Leafs should be all over this

I know the Leafs need some help on D, but just because Bogosian shoots right, doesn't make him a fit for the Leafs. I'd rather play a LHD who's an all around better player than just force Bogosian in because he has a right handed shot. Truth be told, Bogosian has never really been all that good at the NHL level and he's also been unable to stay healthy. I'm not entirely sure why anybody would want him at this point than than his right handedness? :confused:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I know the Leafs need some help on D, but just because Bogosian shoots right, doesn't make him a fit for the Leafs. I'd rather play a LHD who's an all around better player than just force Bogosian in because he has a right handed shot. Truth be told, Bogosian has never really been all that good at the NHL level and he's also been unable to stay healthy. I'm not entirely sure why anybody would want him at this point than than his right handedness? :confused:
If Buffalo is trying to move Risto and Miller still, I don't think they terminate Bogo until after the TDL. Why eliminate a possible candidate for a trade? If he is terminated after that, I assume he's still allowed to sign with another team or are they rules against that?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
His only option other than to report to Rochester is to get traded to a team with cap space, because other than that there are none. I mean personally despite his suspension, he should just leave the Sabres.

Bogo has never played a whole season healthy. Let alone never ever played a playoff game.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Man it's really incredible how mediocre his career has been when he had such promise. He got slaughtered by injuries and was never able to find a groove his whole career.

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
Injuries for sure have played a part... but he's also just never quite lived up to the pre-draft hype that was being heaped on the D crop from that years draft class. I remember there were many Kings fans angry we took Doughty over Bogo.

Probably the right move, mutual termination and hope a contender needs depth D help. As a bottom pairing guy, and not playing top 4 minutes, he can still help improve a team looking to go deep.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
13 seasons, 600+ games and never seen a playoff game. That’s brutal. His only chance this season is a mutual contract termination and sign with a playoff bound club at league minimum. It’s still possible his NHL career is over and he never sees playoff hockey from the players bench.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad