Dreger: Zach Bogosian has requested a trade

paragon

May 5, 2010
The guy has played on average 56 games per season. It's pretty crazy that he less games played than some goalies who had their debuts around the same time. Why would anyone count on him being healthy enough to help them in playoffs. He also has a bigh cap hit and salary, so I doubt there are any takers for him. Hard to see why Buffalo would eat a bad contract just to get rid of an UFA.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
It seems more likely that an acquiring team will move cap-in for cap-out. And perhaps there is retention involved.

There is zero chance Sabres will pay to dump him. They might take the full 1/2 cap, that's it. I concede he might still be negative value but the inclination will be just tom ride final year out.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Useless d-man for useless forward of equal salary seems to be the logical move. If it’s not available tell his agent to feel Free to Shop around and stick him in a shelf. He’s been saying “I’m finally healthy every season” usually right before he goes to the ir. We could actually play him for another week or so and self correct the problem.

Reactions: Pongs21

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
The faces GMs make when they're told Bogo's on the market is probably the same face 14 years old make when they learn a gross kid has a crush on them.

At $1 million, there would be lots of interest. His cap is absurd for what he is now. Even eating half, that leaves way too much cup for most teams. Maybe, he gets moved at deadline with Sabres eating half of cap hit.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
What's the value on Bogosian?
Can't get much more than what Del Zotto or Schenn got last year, you figure. A 4th or a 5th round pick?
If he truly wants out, I say Buffalo opts for a reclamation project with higher NHL potential than a late pick.

Sign me up for that. Just move him.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
Let him play a few games, get hurt and LTIR him because unless he is in bubble wrap he will go down again

Reactions: CF Punk

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Bogosian and a pick for boedker?

Both teams dump players they don't need, Ottawa gets a dman when they are dealing with injuries and an extra pick for the rebuild, buffalo gets rid of a player who wants out and saves some cap space that they can use to add in another move

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Bogosian and a pick for boedker?

Both teams dump players they don't need, Ottawa gets a dman when they are dealing with injuries and an extra pick for the rebuild, buffalo gets rid of a player who wants out and saves some cap space that they can use to add in another move

Why is Buffalo including a pick?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
higher cap hit. If push came to shove between Bogosian and Boedker at their contract's at the moment Boedker would be easier to trade

The only way Boedker is moveable is for a similarly salaried suck of a player. Rather than a pick, Buffalo retains the difference in salary? Ottawa then doesn’t have to play Chabot over 30 minutes a night.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
The only way Boedker is moveable is for a similarly salaried suck of a player. Rather than a pick, Buffalo retains the difference in salary? Ottawa then doesn’t have to play Chabot over 30 minutes a night.

Oh don't get me wrong boedker sucks so does Bogosian, they both suck and im not trying to say otherwise.

Buffalo could always retain the cap hit and that works too. I just honestly thought buffalo would be more interested in cap space to make a move for the deadline

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
There is zero chance Sabres will pay to dump him. They might take the full 1/2 cap, that's it. I concede he might still be negative value but the inclination will be just tom ride final year out.

Pay how? If they want him out, it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility that they retain some of his salary to make it happen.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Not saying there is a deal, but there may be some combo of win win where drek for drek or underperforming for likewise can happen.

You guys not thrilled w/Vesey, we can consider taking him back.
Just haven't thought all options thru.
Also, Lias Anderssen is now on the block, presumably cheap.
Inexpensive add for a deal that helps Rangers w/cap?

For the right price, a guy like Buch could be included

thoughts?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad