Zac Rinaldo comparables

RinaldoZac

Jun 30, 2012
:laugh:

Wilson has top six potential & was a former first rounder in 2012, how is he comparable?

Martin: 79GP 8G 14P 11:53TOI
Wilson: 82GP 3G 10P 7:56TOI
Clifford: 71GP 3G 8P 10:10TOI
Reeves: 63GP 2G 8P 8:31TOI
Rinaldo: 67GP 2G 4P 7:41TOI

Rinaldo: 29 minor penalties
Reeves: 12 minor penalties
Clifford: 18 minor penalties
Wilson: 23 minor penalties
Martin: 15 minor penalties

Reeves is the only comparable in the sense they're hired goons who play on the 4th line & Reeves is less of a liability than Rinaldo so yeah I would take him over Rinaldo.

So in all serious who would you compare Rinaldo to, past or present.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Serious answer: any number of talentless hacks toiling around in the minor leagues. He has legitimate claim to being the worst player in the NHL.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I'm not overly familiar with extra forwards who play six minutes a game and can only hit or fight.

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
Reaves is a great fighter but 1.1m for 4years :laugh:

what the hell was Armstrong smoking?

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Serious answer: any number of talentless hacks toiling around in the minor leagues. He has legitimate claim to being the worst player in the NHL.

You underestimate the prowess of John Scott

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You underestimate the prowess of John Scott

No, not really. I mean we're were comparing which bag of dog crap smells the worst.

2iiwe29.png
[/IMG]

Last edited:

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
I may still be in the minority, based on comments back and forth on other threads. But I really LIKE Rinaldo. On the nights that the team has their thumb up their butt and are not trying to ply - he's out there in full burst mode. He really does seem to care on those nights.

His game has gotten better recently. Now, he's far from the best player on the team, but I like him more and more as time goes on.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
I may still be in the minority, based on comments back and forth on other threads. But I really LIKE Rinaldo. On the nights that the team has their thumb up their butt and are not trying to ply - he's out there in full burst mode. He really does seem to care on those nights.

His game has gotten better recently. Now, he's far from the best player on the team, but I like him more and more as time goes on.

Running around and hitting people =/= caring, just as not hitting people =/= not caring.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The good news for Rinaldo is that he may finally not be the most worthless player on the team so long as Umberger remains a corpse.

It's a start!

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
I like that Rinaldo is trying to better his game by playing on the PK because if he does improve his game on the PK he has a chance to stick out longer in the NHL. He does have some speed and can hit and draw penalties but he has a lot to learn still. Unlike a lot of people I am rooting for him to succeed on the Flyers. He sure seems well liked by his teammates on the ice too and not just off the ice.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He still is on the ice for almost no goals for, and a lot against.

And gets penalized a lot. Which is worse this year because the PK is 30th.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
This team will be better after Rinaldo is gone. More importantly, this team will be better once the management of this team no longer feels the stubborn compulsion to sign/draft/acquire players of this ilk (low talent "tough" guys).

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Not gonna blame Zac fully, but has he reallllyyy been that good on the pk? Anyone have the stats on how many goals are scored with him out there? Its not like he is on the best PK in the league... Scratch that he is on the worse.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Actually, I think that PEB and Rinaldo have been one of our better pairs on the PK.

Rinaldo is also taking far less penalties this year, while still being physical and aggressive, the problem in the past was he'd negate the value of his physical play with one dumb penalty a game, it seemed.

He still needs a lot of work on offensive skills, but if you put a solid winger who can skate and shoot with PEB and Rinaldo, that could be a solid 4th line that can wreck havoc for 10 minutes a game.

PropJoe

Jan 25, 2013
Running around and hitting people =/= caring, just as not hitting people =/= not caring.

Seriously I hate that crap. The guy can really skate and people perceive that like he's giving more effort than guys who can't. There are plenty of guys who can skate, it doesn't make you a competent or even useful NHL player.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Actually, there are very few who both skate AND hit, most fast guys are smaller and avoid contact, most "tough" guys aren't fast.

Where it matters is "dump and chase" when you want someone to skate full speed to a corner and go after the puck and accept the physical punishment that entails.

PED and Rinaldo will do it, which allows them to bottle teams up on the forecheck, VV is willing but too slow, Akeson is both slow and reluctant, Umberger used to be able but no longer.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
Well, I've easily figured out that some on this board will always complain and no game will ever make them happy. Some people need something to complain about, I suppose.

Anyway, I like to watch him play. He's entertaining if nothing else :p

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad