Zac Rinaldo comparables

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
hes thrown him out there at times at the end of a PP as well.
what a coach man. lirl

It's like he wants to completely destroy any momentum gained during a PP or during a good PK by putting a terrible player out there, instead of capitalizing on it.

There is no way he sees Rinaldo in any sort of realistic light.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Getting close to being one of a pretty elite club.

200GP as a forward & >0.10 PPG

Only 30 players have ever done it in NHL history.

Wonder if he can get a point in the next 8 to avoid it.

Funnily enough only one of these players has a + +/- over their career... Scott Parker.

That being said he has played half-decently this season, far less of a liability than last year.

Seriously, this stat needs to be brought up as much as possible. He's somehow more worthless than Shelley... at least statistically.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Hextall is the one that thought he warranted an extension, which is really a huge red flag to me that he's not quite as great a GM as everyone thinks he is.

jabba2

Oct 28, 2010
When he had whats his name on the 4th line with him Rinaldo was alot more effective. The guy they traded to get Downie. Since then he's been mediocre to terrible. Berube cant trust Rinaldo to play more the 9 minutes, and hardly any PK.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hextall is the one that thought he warranted an extension, which is really a huge red flag to me that he's not quite as great a GM as everyone thinks he is.

I think part of it was the expectations we had as to what a 'great' GM is. Ron Hextall may have re-signed Zac Rinaldo, but he's already done (or in some cases not done) things we all know Paul Holmgren would/would not and we know we're better for it. If we're going to be the realest, by the time this team is ready to contend, Rinaldo is going to be gone.

Your trepidations are warranted, my wonder is in that ever since Hextall talked about analytics when he was introduced as GM, he's backed off of it every time the topic has come up. This year and next year, he's going to get incomplete grades because opposed to making mistakes, he's replaced a guy who would find ways to make mistakes.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I think part of it was the expectations we had as to what a 'great' GM is. Ron Hextall may have re-signed Zac Rinaldo, but he's already done (or in some cases not done) things we all know Paul Holmgren would/would not and we know we're better for it. If we're going to be the realest, by the time this team is ready to contend, Rinaldo is going to be gone.

Your trepidations are warranted, my wonder is in that ever since Hextall talked about analytics when he was introduced as GM, he's backed off of it every time the topic has come up. This year and next year, he's going to get incomplete grades because opposed to making mistakes, he's replaced a guy who would find ways to make mistakes.

Pretty excellently put.

A couple of Hextall's moves have been questionable, but he seems like he's working with the obvious truth that this team isn't and won't be competitive for years. Still don't like signing Rinaldo personally even with that truth, but at least there's some actual logic to it. Also the fact that Rinaldo's contract is pretty easy to bury IIRC.

I'll be the first to jump on Hextall when he starts looking like another Homer or something, but for right now he gets a lot of leeway for quite a while for stuff like this.

TheTaekster

Feb 3, 2008
94.1 and 97.5
Listen, Zach Remaldo is incomparable to any other player at the NHLL level. You have to really take into consideration the intangibles this Big Body Presence (#BBP) brings to the ice on a game to game basis. When you're a player like Remaldo, you are like Peco: energy is your forte. You must bring energy. Remaldo brings teh energy of a well powered olde city condo with the flair of Jennir Aniston in office space. You can't discount the #heart and #soul aspects thsi dude brings every night. So what if he doesn't bring the complete game? He's a Barubee player througha dn through and he proves it. You have to go out there and bang to win in Flyera hockey, PERIOD

EDIT (to answer OP): He is comparable to FIRE because that's what he brings every shift #bbp

Last edited:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Listen, Zach Remaldo is incomparable to any other player at the NHLL level. You have to really take into consideration the intangibles this Big Body Presence (#BBP) brings to the ice on a game to game basis. When you're a player like Remaldo, you are like Peco: energy is your forte. You must bring energy. Remaldo brings teh energy of a well powered olde city condo with the flair of Jennir Aniston in office space. You can't discount the #heart and #soul aspects thsi dude brings every night. So what if he doesn't bring the complete game? He's a Barubee player througha dn through and he proves it. You have to go out there and bang to win in Flyera hockey, PERIOD

EDIT (to answer OP): He is comparable to FIRE because that's what he brings every shift #bbp

This is what I imagine it would look like if Berube actually tried to write his opinion on Rinaldo, including misspelling his own ****ing name at the end there. :laugh:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
So how many 4th line wingers score 10 goals or 20 points? Because if they can do that on a regular basis they usually play their way off the 4th line!

I'm happy if Rinaldo replaces a real goon (i.e. some slow guy who can't skate), can kill a few minutes on the PK (saving the legs of someone with actual offensive skills), throws his body around without taking stupid penalties (because big hits do fire up your teammates when they're being lethargic) and keeps the puck out of his own zone. Given that he plays maybe 6 minutes a night at ES, he's not exactly the reason they've been struggling.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He was a healthy scratch last night. Hopefully that happens again tomorrow and so his stats at the halfway point of the season will remain as follows:

32 games, 0 goals, 1 assist, -9
8:34 TOI/G (7:58 ES, 0:29 SH, 0:06PP)

For all the talk of him killing penalties he's 9th out of Flyers forwards in SH TOI. Even VDV has more.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats....&sort=shortHandedTimeOnIce&viewName=timeOnIce

And he has the lowest CF% of any regular player.

http://www.naturalstattrick.com/playerteams.php?team=PHI&sit=ev

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
If Rinaldo changed the season like he said and this team goes from a possible bottom 5 team to just plain mediocre, does he become more hated than Berube?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->