Zac Rinaldo comparables

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I haven't read up on today's dealings, but it's pretty unlikely that an expansion draft would occur before his contract is up. You don't need to prepare for an expansion in way where you need players to be eligible to leave exposed. If you have a roster where you can protect enough players and leave no one exposed, then congratulations, you can stay home on expansion draft day.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Who cares about the Rinaldo extension? Every org has a goon somewhere in it. The bigger issue is Berube playing Rinaldo over more deserving players. Rinaldo should be the guy they bring into games when their certain **** is going to hit the fan and there will be fights. He could be a presence in those games to keep other teams honest. Instead Berube has him playing tonight on a line with the productive Ryan White and a promising prospect in Cousins.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Who cares about the Rinaldo extension? Every org has a goon somewhere in it. The bigger issue is Berube playing Rinaldo over more deserving players. Rinaldo should be the guy they bring into games when their certain **** is going to hit the fan and there will be fights. He could be a presence in those games to keep other teams honest. Instead Berube has him playing tonight on a line with the productive Ryan White and a promising prospect in Cousins.

which is never

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

I rather have Rosehill as the 13th forward over Rinaldo. At least Rosehill knows his role & doesn't hurt the team by taking dumb penalties like Rinaldo.

Rinaldo doesn't hit, fight, or draw penalties much anymore making whatever little bit of redeeming quality left in him become virtually zero. He shouldn't be on an NHL roster.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA

Please name a time this has happened.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Please name a time this has happened.

I think I can answer that. Excuse me while I crunch some numbers.

The crunching is done. The answer is "Never."

Probably that game last week where Michael Raffl got lit up twice on the same shift with Rinaldo on the ice, who did nothing about it.

Giroux answered for Backes' hit on Raffl more than Rinaldo ever did, by giving him a bump immediately.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
You're like a supercomputer.

Supercomputer.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad