Záruba: Czech NHLers do not avoid using drugs in summer

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
Your argument is something that a kid in 8th grade makes after he tried meth of the first time and loved it.

Advil is a legally regulated by companies with rules and restrictions. Go to the drug store and see if you can buy 200 bottles of Advil, see what the pharmacy tells you.

I am in no way a fan of big Pharma, but holy smokes you just won the Hyperbole Olympics with your childish argument.

Drugs are bad because people that manufacture them are bad people who do illegal things like human trafficking, slavery, torture, blackmail, etc. By purchasing illegal drugs you are funding criminal enterprises that keep doing bad things.

And yeah it is my business with a person with already sketchy mental health issues pops some meth and goes on a stabbing spree and then claims he does not remember any of it so he should not be criminally responsible. Its my business when i have to literally walk around needles and homeless people passed out on the sidewalk. Its my business when i have to worry about so.someone taking a psychedelic and deciding that maybe a midnight drive is the best idea.

All those things you listed are fine in moderation. Cocaine is not fine in moderation, Meth is not fine in moderation, Heroin is not good in moderation. So please, come back with something that makes you sound like an adult before I lose all hope in humanity.

Your mentality is part of why I have almost no faith in humanity these days

hacksaw7

Dec 3, 2020
Cocaine is so boring. I want to hear a story about Ryan Miller dropping acid and giving up 2 goals.

I'd love to hear an NHL version of the Doc Ellis story. Bernie Parent drops acid and pitches a 40 save shutout, then flees the ice in terror when he thinks the Blackhawks jersey logo comes to life and attempts to scalp him.

Reactions: Ginormousthumbs

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Tell me when they start doing meth and other drugs of the same ilk, or if they're doing bumps during intermissions and then I'll consider it an issue.
I think Grant Fuhr circa 1990 already had the ‘bumps during intermissions’ thing taken care of.

I remember living in Calgary when I was younger (2004-06) and recall a few pictures floating around the city showing Kipprisoff, Phanuef and a few others at a table in one of Calgarys more popular night clubs with lines of blow dolled out all over the place. I was told by a friend that it was a regular sight at that certain establishment (cant recall the name of club)

At the time I was more shocked that Mika had a cigarette hanging from his mouth. I used that as justification at the time that smoking couldn't be all that bad for a guy if professional athletes used them.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
I think they do blow because of the perfect work out routines and conditioning.

They can't just drink beer and get shitfaced during training period.

Cocaine doesn't affect your fitness or cause hangover.
Cocaine DOES give you a hangover. Trust me. I was young and dumb once and speak from first hand experience unfortunately.

It also majorly effects fitness. At the very least it suppresses a persons appetite. One of the most important things, if not the most important, is the fuel you put in your body.

Same as sleep. If your high as a kite all the time your sleep will be severely messed up. Again when your a world class athlete, that will greatly hamper ones ‘fitness’ level. Not to sure what your talking about?

Prsut18

Jul 30, 2018
CZ
Dominik Hašek once told a story about a day when he had a day off, but he had to replace Andrej Trefilov during the game.. official statement was injury or something, but players knew it was because Trefilov had "more than usual" of something... Trefilov kept asking his teammates during the game what the score is and how much time of game is left, and when they laughed and told him there are big clock on the jumbotron, he kept telling them he can´t see any numbers... :D

Reactions: joestevens29

SCampo98

Dec 24, 2015
Sherbrooke, QC
Kinda interesting to read the responses here. Coke is not a "recreational drug" like weed, it's a very serious drug that can become quite addictive and ruin people's lives. Any player who does it needs to get some type of help, that's definitely not a normal thing to do.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
The first thing I thought of is the 80s Oilers.
yeah lol or like any pro athlete since... forever.

Funny that naïve people are writing "since the 90's".
Read about any of them: Babe Ruth, Derek Sanderson, Theo Fleury, Raffi Torres & Stoll, or like when Dock Ellis pitched a no hitter on LSD in 1970.

The Gladiators in Roman times were often high on hallucinogens!

Just because it was hidden or even the journalists intentionally refused to report on it doesn't mean it wasn't/isn't ubiquitous.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Kinda interesting to read the responses here. Coke is not a "recreational drug" like weed, it's a very serious drug that can become quite addictive and ruin people's lives. Any player who does it needs to get some type of help, that's definitely not a normal thing to do.
It can be recreational, like any drug. Once it becomes a daily thing and not some weekend wild ride, it's a problem.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Cocaine DOES give you a hangover. Trust me. I was young and dumb once and speak from first hand experience unfortunately.

It also majorly effects fitness. At the very least it suppresses a persons appetite. One of the most important things, if not the most important, is the fuel you put in your body.

Same as sleep. If your high as a kite all the time your sleep will be severely messed up. Again when your a world class athlete, that will greatly hamper ones ‘fitness’ level. Not to sure what your talking about?
Remember that when you do street drugs you're ingesting a cocktail of other drugs and cutting agents. You likely did more "other drugs and cutting agents" than cocaine. Some kind of hangover is more likely when you're snorting this trash.

This is the problem with talking about how bad drugs like cocaine are, what is really bad for a lot of reasons are illegal street drugs.

Common cutting agents include:
Caffeine
Aspirin
Benzocaine and Lidocaine
Amphetamine
LSD
heroin
Laundry detergent
Boric acid
Meat tenderizer
Laxatives
Levamisole (a cattle dewormer)

HF007

Sep 9, 2008
150504104602-sabathia-2015-super-169.jpg
Power Gut

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
pretty sure hockey players did more drugs back in the 80s specially with all the goons back in those days

i know from my personal experience i know Prust did alot of blow but why would i hate or judge the guy if he showed up every game loved him has a Hab i dont care what they do off the ice has long as they perform on the ice

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Remember that when you do street drugs you're ingesting a cocktail of other drugs and cutting agents. You likely did more "other drugs and cutting agents" than cocaine. Some kind of hangover is more likely when you're snorting this trash.

This is the problem with talking about how bad drugs like cocaine are, what is really bad for a lot of reasons are illegal street drugs.

Common cutting agents include:
Caffeine
Aspirin
Benzocaine and Lidocaine
Amphetamine
LSD
heroin
Laundry detergent
Boric acid
Meat tenderizer
Laxatives
Levamisole (a cattle dewormer)

I think it's one thing to say there's a risk of having these other drugs in there. Another to describe them as a "common cutting agents", which implies dealers are purposely cutting cocaine with them....LSD? Powdered LSD would be very hard to come by, and also not likely to inspire much repeat business for cocaine dealers.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Your argument is something that a kid in 8th grade makes after he tried meth of the first time and loved it.

Advil is a legally regulated by companies with rules and restrictions. Go to the drug store and see if you can buy 200 bottles of Advil, see what the pharmacy tells you.

I am in no way a fan of big Pharma, but holy smokes you just won the Hyperbole Olympics with your childish argument.

Drugs are bad because people that manufacture them are bad people who do illegal things like human trafficking, slavery, torture, blackmail, etc. By purchasing illegal drugs you are funding criminal enterprises that keep doing bad things.

And yeah it is my business with a person with already sketchy mental health issues pops some meth and goes on a stabbing spree and then claims he does not remember any of it so he should not be criminally responsible. Its my business when i have to literally walk around needles and homeless people passed out on the sidewalk. Its my business when i have to worry about so.someone taking a psychedelic and deciding that maybe a midnight drive is the best idea.

All those things you listed are fine in moderation. Cocaine is not fine in moderation, Meth is not fine in moderation, Heroin is not good in moderation. So please, come back with something that makes you sound like an adult before I lose all hope in humanity.

how does one Pop meth exactly? :huh:

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Remember when this forum threw a hissy fit over backstrom taking his asthma medicine during olympics, but now the narrative has changed to who cares about drugs in here.

Weird.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
I think it's one thing to say there's a risk of having these other drugs in there. Another to describe them as a "common cutting agents", which implies dealers are purposely cutting cocaine with them....LSD? Powdered LSD would be very hard to come by, and also not likely to inspire much repeat business for cocaine dealers.
It's not a risk it's a fact.
Yes, suppliers and dealers are not only using cutting agents as dilutants, but as stimulants. One reason is to offset the dilution, the other is to create a special "brand" and hence brand loyalty. From source to consumer it has been cut several times and is truly a cocktail of chemicals. This isn't groundbreaking information.

Feel free to Google & Read, you're on the internet my friend. Simply Google what you put in quotes, then you don't have to ask me these basic questions.
e.g. with pictures: Drugs and Chemicals Used to Cut Cocaine

When I was growing up in sub-arctic Canada microdot was easy to find for a high school kid, but you're posting on the internet that this is VERY hard to come by? A quick Google search will tell you how to make it... not all of us are High School chemistry teachers, but some Biker gang or Millionaire/Billionaire Drug Lords just might be able to pull it off.

Besides all the designer drug derivative amphetamine/hallucinogens... or 1p-lsd which you can easily order online in Canada to your door (microdelics. ca/store/)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad