Záruba: Czech NHLers do not avoid using drugs in summer

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
What else could that mean besides weed?
I’d think stimulantS that aren’t meth like Adderall maybe. Some painkillers, Psylocybic mushrooms.

But it really depends what you’re comparing it to. Compared to meth, cocaine or adderall could be considered a “lighter” drug. Compared to heroin, a prescription painkiller/muscle relaxer is “lighter”.

It’s all in the interpretation.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Responsible MDMA and LSD use >>>>>>> cocaine
Yes, but only in the same way Responsible weed use >>>>>>>>> alcohol.
Only nerds are against either.
I’d think stimulantS that aren’t meth like Adderall maybe. Some painkillers, Psylocybic mushrooms.

But it really depends what you’re comparing it to. Compared to meth, cocaine or adderall could be considered a “lighter” drug. Compared to heroin, a prescription painkiller/muscle relaxer is “lighter”.

It’s all in the interpretation.
Pretty sure that light drugs are universally considered to be marijuana, hallucinogens, and ecstasy. Anything else is overthinking it imo. Any opiate (street or abused prescription) are definitely not lighter drugs.

Reactions: BonMorrison

blankall

Jul 4, 2007

Pretty sure that light drugs are universally considered to be marijuana, hallucinogens, and ecstasy. Anything else is overthinking it imo. Any opiate (street or abused prescription) are definitely not lighter drugs.
Ecstacy is a light drug? If you look at per capita use it probably kills more people than cocaine, and the effects are way more intense.

The same goes for hallucinogens. Is PCP a light drug?

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON

If it can kill you, it’s not light IMO. Molly can kill if you don’t test it beforehand and get them laced with other crap or do too much of it.

Psychedelics tho I would consider light - you can’t get addicted to them and you can’t OD on them.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Hockey seems to be a sport where the ultra talented can get away with less than perfect work out routines and conditioning.
I think they do blow because of the perfect work out routines and conditioning.

They can't just drink beer and get shitfaced during training period.

Cocaine doesn't affect your fitness or cause hangover.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Have to share this.

:laugh: your story reminds me of my 14th bday, 7-8 of us (all guys) walked down to Blockbuster, got the biggest/oldest looking guy of the group to pretend as an 18year old and we rented Striptease with Demi Moore.

One of the other guys snook a couple beers from his dad. We didn't tell our one buddy (very straight laced/religious) what movie we rented but soon as it got to a nude scene, that one friend immediately got up and asked to use the phone.

We later found out he called his mom to pick him up and she scolded the group of us like we just murdered someone.
He was never allowed over to anyone of our houses as she wrote everyone's name down on a piece of paper.

I felt bad for the guy as he was mocked for years.
We thought we were cool AF.
I miss the good ol days.

Lmao oh man. I feel for that kid and my friend too. His parents were very religious as well.

In the summer when we would play street hockey, he had to be home by 7(were like 11-14 years old and all out until dark...so like 9-930) and him as one of the older kids would have his parents yelling from down the street (scottttyyy time for beddyyy byeee). So this kid was obviously also the brunt of jokes for most of his teens. When you're 14 and have to go in when the sun is blazing but 11 year olds are cool to stay out for another 2 hours...yikes.

Basically your scene from the Simpsons where Bart and Lisa sleep at the Flanders and are sent up for bedtime but when they look out the window it's sunny and every kid in the neighborhood is out playing.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

Dude...cocaine hangovers are the worst. I've never had one but my friends who do coke are zombies for a day if they were doing coke the night before.

I would say weed has no hangover, but then I hear how others feel out of it the day after smoking weed...

Maybe everyone's different, but many people definitely get coke hang overs...

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Double post. Forgot to turn off my AHK script. :\

Last edited:

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I think it's reasonable to consider a stimulant like adderall or a muscle relaxer like Flexiril as "lighter". I'd definitely consider adderall "lighter" than Ecstacy.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007

How many people use cocaine without drinking and partying? They are just using cocaine, having a reasonable night out and going to be early so that they can be nice and chipper for the workout the next morning? Everyone I've ever seen use cocaine does so in combination with copious amounts of drinking and usually ends up drinking way more and for way later than they would have without using cocaine. They end up complete wrecks for often multiple days.

Last edited:

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
How many people use cocaine without drinking and partying? They are just using cocaine, having a reasonable night out and going to be early so that they can be nice and chipper for the workout the next morning? Everyone I've ever seen use cocaine does so in combination with copious amounts of drinking and usually ends up drinking way more and for way later than they would have without using cocaine. They end up complete wrecks for often multiple days.

It really depends on the person. Micro-dosing is popular in many professions - the application of substances (Acid, Mushrooms, Cocaine, Marijuana, whatever) in such small amounts to benefit from some aspects while not experiencing the negative effects. Its popular in a lot of high stress jobs.

It's only when you do enough to experience that first sense of euphoria at the initial dose that you start "chasing the dragon" or trying to get back that initial feeling is when it becomes a downward spiral throughout the day/night. But that could be said for anything, even gambling/sex/shopping/etc.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
It really depends on the person. Micro-dosing is popular in many professions - the application of substances (Acid, Mushrooms, Cocaine, Marijuana, whatever) in such small amounts to benefit from some aspects while not experiencing the negative effects. Its popular in a lot of high stress jobs.

It's only when you do enough to experience that first sense of euphoria at the initial dose that you start "chasing the dragon" or trying to get back that initial feeling is when it becomes a downward spiral throughout the day/night. But that could be said for anything, even gambling/sex/shopping/etc.

They are catching these guys in Vegas hotel rooms at 3:00 AM. These aren't functioning addicts microdosing.

Hudler was microdosing when he was doing lines in the airplane bathroom and then pissed on the food cart? There's an empty liquor bottle on the table in the Kuznetsov video.

Finnish court fines former NHLer Jere Karalahti for cocaine use

Last month, Karalahti told the court that it might have been cocaine, but that he could not remember because he was drunk at the time. He later retracted the statement saying he does not use drugs.

So drunk at the time he could not remember what he used?

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
They are catching these guys in Vegas hotel rooms at 3:00 AM. These aren't functioning addicts microdosing.

Hudler was microdosing when he was doing lines in the airplane bathroom and then pissed on the food cart? There's an empty liquor bottle on the table in the Kuznetsov video.

Finnish court fines former NHLer Jere Karalahti for cocaine use

So drunk at the time he could not remember what he used?

Oh no, I wasn't referring to the initial OP of these hockey guys going at it. These guys are definitely not functioning microdosing users :laugh:

And in my past, I was always a wreck too.

But I was just referring to your comment, and have seen people firsthand that do it functionally. Although I wonder if its now become a crutch that they use.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Oh no, I wasn't referring to the initial OP of these hockey guys going at it. These guys are definitely not functioning microdosing users

And in my past, I was always a wreck too :laugh:.

But I was just referring to your comment, and have seen people firsthand that do it functionally. Although I wonder if its now become a crutch that they use.

Fair enough. I have yet to see anyone use cocaine functionally personally. The vast majority use it for partying. Some become addicts, who function for a short while, but eventually end up with major financial, psychological, and health issues. I'll echo other users' comments on the issue, people on cocaine are very very annoying.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
Fair enough. I have yet to see anyone use cocaine functionally personally. The vast majority use it for partying. Some become addicts, who function for a short while, but eventually end up with major financial, psychological, and health issues. I'll echo other users' comments on the issue, people on cocaine are very very annoying.

I guess it depends on what you view the substance as (recreational or a job PED/performance enhancing) and how you initially came about it. As well as your own internal discipline. You are right that cocaine specifically is highly addicting, as are a lot of other substances. I still sometimes have urges even though its been a long time (diagnosed with late onset Type 1 diabetes a decade ago and multiple emergency room stays because of that mix). But that's most likely due to doing enough recreationally. Like I said, it really depends on the person.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
I guess it depends on what you view the substance as (recreational or a job PED/performance enhancing) and how you initially came about it. As well as your own internal discipline. You are right that cocaine specifically is highly addicting, as are a lot of other substances. I still sometimes have urges even though its been a long time (diagnosed with late onset Type 1 diabetes a decade ago and multiple emergency room stays because of that mix). But that's most likely due to doing enough recreationally. Like I said, it really depends on the person.

You seem to have a lot more personal experience than me.

Another issue with it though is that you also build a tolerance to it. I've heard of people using $500+ dollars a day for personal use. That's an extreme amount of powder to physically put into your body.

This, IMO, would make consistent microdosing very difficult to maintain. As, even with discipline, you'd need more and more to feel that effect.

When you say PED, do you think players are using it on the ice? Players use lots of smelling slats, caffeine, and even flu medication to be more alert. I suppose some could be using cocaine on the ice too.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
You seem to have a lot more personal experience than me.

Another issue with it though is that you also build a tolerance to it. I've heard of people using $500+ dollars a day for personal use. That's an extreme amount of powder to physically put into your body.

This, IMO, would make consistent microdosing very difficult to maintain. As, even with discipline, you'd need more and more to feel that effect.

When you say PED, do you think players are using it on the ice? Players use lots of smelling slats, caffeine, and even flu medication to be more alert. I suppose some could be using cocaine on the ice too.

You build a tolerance to anything. Like coffee. Doesn't mean everyone drinks $30 of Starbucks a day, although I guess some people could. You would have have to be an absolute baller to go $500+ for just a single person a day.. which is the average street value I'm guessing now of around quarter of an ounce? I really don't know anymore and actually would prefer not to personally think about it.. People can do it on a weekend binge or whatever, but to do it every single day? That's pretty bad...

But as for PED, yes you can use it specifically as a hockey player to keep alert by microdosing. There would be better substances out there though to provide that same benefit than cocaine specifically without the drawbacks so I don't know why they would use it. And microdosing represents such a small amount taken. We're talking about like a miniscule amount. Nothing more..

Last edited:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

Cocaine absolutely has hangover effects.

Don’t minimize that shit, cocaine is a powerful drug that can be highly addicting and can ruin lives.

Reactions: hamzarocks

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
A government legalizing a drug does not mean it is promoting it or saying it's healthy to consume. It just means they don't want to punish individuals for consuming or being addicts. They are likely victims and don't deserve punishment for being victims.

A lot of university studies are showing that giving them help is better for society and the individual than giving them a fine or putting them in jail.

Imagine different people deciding what you can an can't do in the safety of your home as a consenting adult who is harming no one.

Telling you you can't play call of duty because a study shows your more likely to be violent? Or telling you you can't consume cheese because people who eat a lot of cheese are more likely to have a heart attack?

All those things may be true, but I don't want to live in a world where we don't have the freedom to do things that harm no one one else in the comfort of our living room. Whether that is playing violent video games, eating unhealthy food, drinking alcohol or smoking a joint...who cares??

Imagine a world where a handful of other posters are the ones who decide what you're allowed to consume. I bet you would never sign up for that.
I'm all for legalizing it because I don't agree with arresting people for it. They then become a burden on society. I honestly don't care if people do it as long as they are still responsible in society and not harming others. I have zero desire to ever do coke or these other drugs but if others do, so be it, not my life but I do believe in helping educate people on why it's bad for them and that they shouldn't do it. Imagine how much safer Mexico would be if drugs became legal in the States and in Mexico?

However, I think people need to be heavily educated in a school in the use o alcohol,, drugs, and food as well so that they know how to properly treat their body and can make the right decision. There need to be better social programs to help people with mental health issues so they never get to the point of wanting to try these drugs. There also needs to be better funding towards programs to help people already addicted. It's not good to be addicted to these things. Even caffeine, people in North America are so addicted to it and can't even realize how bad it is. I drink it but only for work when it's absolutely necessary but outside of work I don't use it.

It's called education. I don't care if people do it but I don't agree that they do because it usually becomes a burden on society. Like the unhealthy food example you have up there....why do people need that? Like foods with excessive sugar? Heavily processed foods? Why do we even need that in society? Why is that seen as so acceptable nowadays? Just cause it's available doesn't mean people should be doing it and that comes from education. Cocaine isn't good, just like alcohol and everything else, even in moderation, it's still not good (I'm only talking about the bad stuff like drugs, caffeine, unhealthy food). Get rid of this stuff and we get a better society for it.

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
I did a cocaine once or twice. Didn't care for it really. Seems like it really 'hits' a certain personality type. From what I know of hockey dudebros, I'd absolutely be railed if the majority of the league hasn't had their fun with it.

To each their own i guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad