Yzerman's Mistakes so Far (In Your Own Eyes)

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
You'd really think he'd want us to forget.
Why? I'd still take Horvat any day of the week, especially if that deal had been done before signing Copp. IIRC the Horvat rumors started during the summer.

What Raty becomes as a player is actually moot, because Raty & Hronek could have been traded for Horvat. It;s about asset management.

Picking Cleveland is about 100x worse than not picking Raty, that's why I'm over it. The fact that there are people here that will defend the pick is just hilarious homerism.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Pellikka and Danielson have entered the chat
*Augustine struts in behind them
Dvorsky almost year younger than Danielson, it was a mistake not to take him. Biggest reason ASP was available to Red Wings because it was very deep draft, some good players , Barlow, Moore, Stenberg, Ritchie, Edstrom, Musty were still available .
Next draft not going to be as good. Don't know if we should trade our first round pick 2024 for someone good.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
Dvorsky almost year younger than Danielson, it was a mistake not to take him. Biggest reason ASP was available to Red Wings because it was very deep draft, some good players , Barlow, Moore, Stenberg, Ritchie, Edstrom, Musty were still available .
Next draft not going to be as good. Don't know if we should trade our first round pick 2024 for someone good.

Based on his SHL experience, Dvorsky is an inferior prospect to Kasper. I'll take Nate.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016

I'll call Yzerman and have him consult you next time about who to draft. You know since his track record is so bad if you ask this forum ...

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I'll call Yzerman and have him consult you next time about who to draft. You know since his track record is so bad if you ask this forum ...
When you draft 18 years old you have no idea how this will work out, Zadina is a good sample. I don't know which prospect will be better , but at the moment I prefer Other choice, I could have my own opinion, right?

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I am not sure Dvorsky projects as a center at the NHL level, but Danielson is pretty much 100% center, and his FO% is generally very, very good. Even if Dvorsky pots 10 more goals and 20 more points per season, I still put Danielson ahead.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
When you draft 18 years old you have no idea how this will work out, Zadina is a good sample. I don't know which prospect will be better , but at the moment I prefer Other choice, I could have my own opinion, right?
Yzerman drafted zadina?

Or did he draft Palat, point, vasy, and Kuch?

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Yzerman drafted zadina?

Or did he draft Palat, point, vasy, and Kuch?
He did excellent job in Tampa. Outside Seider in Detroit it's too early to tell. Zadina it's just a sample why you can't predict outcome when guy is only 18-19 yr old

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Yzerman has yet to draft an NHLer outside of the first round since taking over the GM job..... so technically you can't do much worse other than screw up the first rounders..

You are correct he doesn't have any active NHLer outside the 1st round....yet...

But he has excelled at drafting players in the 1st round. He won the entire 2019 draft for being brave enough to reach for Seider. Everyone else can bust, he still won that draft.

That said, there's players in that 19 draft who will make the NHL. Soderblom already has over 20 NHL games under his belt.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Yzerman has yet to draft an NHLer outside of the first round since taking over the GM job..... so technically you can't do much worse other than screw up the first rounders..
There’s what, 3 regular NHLers outside the first round in 2019? Barely that in 2020.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
To be fair anyone past the first round usually takes way longer to develop. This is what? Year 5? I mean hell Tuomisto was 2019 and is a rookie in the AHL. Johansson was also a 2019 2nd.

Yeah it would be nice to land a freak like Jason Robertson. But kinda hard to judge right now. If Augustine is a number 1 goalie? Hit. Johansson is a top 4 D? Hit.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
To be fair anyone past the first round usually takes way longer to develop. This is what? Year 5? I mean hell Tuomisto was 2019 and is a rookie in the AHL. Johansson was also a 2019 2nd.

Yeah it would be nice to land a freak like Jason Robertson. But kinda hard to judge right now. If Augustine is a number 1 goalie? Hit. Johansson is a top 4 D? Hit.
Even Robertson was not an NHLer until d+4. Which for example would be the equivalent of Mazur making the roster next season.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016

Oh grace is with your magical draft powers oh knowledgable one.

Because it's definitely not too early to make those statements

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Why? I'd still take Horvat any day of the week, especially if that deal had been done before signing Copp. IIRC the Horvat rumors started during the summer.

What Raty becomes as a player is actually moot, because Raty & Hronek could have been traded for Horvat. It;s about asset management.

Picking Cleveland is about 100x worse than not picking Raty, that's why I'm over it. The fact that there are people here that will defend the pick is just hilarious homerism.
We all decided to just ignore this train wreck of a comment?

You know what... that's probably for the best

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
You are correct he doesn't have any active NHLer outside the 1st round....yet...

It was a bit tongue in cheek, lol. Oddly, I mentioned a few times that I like Seattle's pick more, and the person pointed out that their picks haven't done shit in the NHL... lol.

I would hope the number is higher than zero within a couple of years.

We all decided to just ignore this train wreck of a comment?

You know what... that's probably for the best

Nobody wants to defend the Cleveland pick anymore. He's not even playing, lol.

If anyone does, I'd be more than happy to wager. If Cleveland gets more than 100 NHL games before hitting 30 years old, I'll leave forever. If he doesn't then you have to take a 3 month break from posting, at the time of my choosing.

I'll remember. The search function is easy to use. Feel free to take my bet.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
It was a bit tongue in cheek, lol. Oddly, I mentioned a few times that I like Seattle's pick more, and the person pointed out that their picks haven't done shit in the NHL... lol.

I would hope the number is higher than zero within a couple of years.

Nobody wants to defend the Cleveland pick anymore. He's not even playing, lol.

If anyone does, I'd be more than happy to wager. If Cleveland gets more than 100 NHL games before hitting 30 years old, I'll leave forever. If he doesn't then you have to take a 3 month break from posting, at the time of my choosing.

I'll remember. The search function is easy to use. Feel free to take my bet.
It's more the fact that you've convinced yourself Raty was a good pick even if he fails miserably

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad