NESN YouTubeTV Drops NESN

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
For the People who have been on YouTubeTV who are now on EyeStream, what were the painful channels and features you lost.

I cannot believe the list of available channels. I think I am making the permanent move but just seeing if I overlooked anything obvious. I will miss DVR, but I have enough options to get over the limitations there.

The only thing for me is the unlimited DVR. Which is really the wife, not me.

The software (on my roku TV) is very buggy. Hopefully it improves.

MrMars

May 26, 2006
I have a serious question regarding Eyestream. How in the hell is this legal !!??

You get an astronomical amount of pay channels for next to nothing

To be perfectly blunt, it’s not. The odds of any consumer being prosecuted for it is slim to none.

The latest stimulus bill now makes selling streams you don’t have legal rights to a felony so a lot of these places are going to get a not so friendly “knock on the door” at some point.

The law is geared toward people who profit / run these sites, not the consumer. So really biggest risk is site goes dark and you are out the money paid or the Roku channel disappears (they will remove it once they are aware of it)

Reactions: wintersej

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
how much is a cable package that carries nesn? like from fios xfinity spectrum etc?? is it that much more than $50??

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
To be perfectly blunt, it’s not. The odds of any consumer being prosecuted for it is slim to none.

The latest stimulus bill now makes selling streams you don’t have legal rights to a felony so a lot of these places are going to get a not so friendly “knock on the door” at some point.

The law is geared toward people who profit / run these sites, not the consumer. So really biggest risk is site goes dark and you are out the money paid or the Roku channel disappears (they will remove it once they are aware of it)

Yup, but at least its month to month, so you can move to Fubo or whatever when they get big enough to be busted. I just lost out on my hockeystreams annual subscription when they got shot down IIRC.

CamMac

Jan 3, 2015
Why does this keep happening to NESN? I switched from PlayStation TV to YouTube TV because of this last year, and now I’m not even going to bother finding whatever streaming service they’re on. I’ll just continue to watch the games for free from certain websites.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Why does this keep happening to NESN? I switched from PlayStation TV to YouTube TV because of this last year, and now I’m not even going to bother finding whatever streaming service they’re on. I’ll just continue to watch the games for free from certain websites.

This is not a NESN issue - it is the nature of regional sports networks.

Right now Xfinity is charging $10.75 a month for Regional Sports on top of the bundle price you agreed to.

That $10.75 fee seems to be the same in every Xfinity market as friends in Detroit ( 1 RSN) and Chicago (2 RSN ) are paying the same fee. A non-sports fan can't call and say I don't watch sports.

upload_2021-2-2_3-24-52.png

CamMac

Jan 3, 2015
This is not a NESN issue - it is the nature of regional sports networks.

Right now Xfinity is charging $10.75 a month for Regional Sports on top of the bundle price you agreed to.

That $10.75 fee seems to be the same in every Xfinity market as friends in Detroit ( 1 RSN) and Chicago (2 RSN ) are paying the same fee. A non-sports fan can't call and say I don't watch sports.

View attachment 391641
Is there a chance NESN returns to YouTube TV in the future?

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Let us know if you try it out at all.

Might look into it tomorrow. Paying for Fubo right now. 6.99 sounds much more up my alley.
I dont need it. I stream channels through fiber to the home. I was just trying to give more options for you guys. Sound too good to be true though for this one. How can they not have any blackouts?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad