NESN YouTubeTV Drops NESN

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I don’t think I can handle another year of Jack Edwards but sadly the only option is to listen to the other teams biased announcers . Frustrating.

Well I do like Jack myself, but I have had a few times where I DVRed the wrong broadcast and had to listen to the other team's guys and it was awful so I feel your pain.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Eyestream has Center Ice - looking on my iPad in Philly

upload_2021-1-13_19-19-3.png

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Wife just got me Eyestream for an early Birthday Gift. My menu is currently empty. I believe I read on here I may have to uninstall and reinstall a few times before the menu loads. Three questions;
  • Should I be waiting for it to initialize or if it is not there then just restart?
  • Are there any other initialization steps such as adding channels to the menu manually?
  • Is there a quickguide that you used?
Answered some of my own questions in reverse order. First no need for a Quick Guide. Second I did nothing to initialize. Third I am not sure if it took time to initialize or if I just didn't go to the right menu on my first attempt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saxon Eric

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
After an argument about Friends (apparently every episode is recorded on the DVR), she agreed to try eyestream for a month.

I was able to pause YTV, rather than cancel to avoid losing all recorded shit.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Truth is cable and satellite providers are not the villains in many of these carriage disputes.

When RSN's first started in the '80s they were considered add-on services similar to HBO and Showtime. In New England, NESN and Sportschannel were $10 a month extra or for $15 you could have both.

Then both channels moved to basic which meant even nonsports fans were getting the channel. This happened because Disney after buying ESPN/ABC forced distributors to take everything they offered at a monthly fee and it could not be broken up.

Comcast could not care less if you dropped cable as long as you keep internet service.

Reactions: Silva and TP

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Comcast could not care less if you dropped cable as long as you keep internet service.
It seems XFinity introduced caps on internet data in direct response to people like me that kept their internet but walked away from their cable prices. It turns out they gave me a good deal yesterday but ultimately the 1.2 Terrabyte cap on data is a new cost introduced without any added benefit.

Last edited:

kman22

Apr 11, 2010
It seems XFinity introduced caps on internet data in direct response to people like me that kept their internet but walked away from their cable prices. It turns out they gave me a good deal yesterday but ultimately the 1.2 Terrabyte cap on data is a new cost introduced without any added benefit.

We were going way over data cap, so we switched to Comcast Business. Same price, slightly better upload speed, no data cap. Would recommend if Comcast is your only option

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
We were going way over data cap, so we switched to Comcast Business. Same price, slightly better upload speed, no data cap. Would recommend if Comcast is your only option
This is what I did last night. It felt like black magic. They lowered my price and gave back everything I had previously but slightly upgraded. I am definitely waiting for the next shoe to drop.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
I watch the Congress newscasts on my trial of Eyestream and aside from it being clunky, it was a good picture. I'll decide if I dump YTTV after the 3 day trial is up. You can't deny the channel lineup for Eyestream. It's everything I need.

blazenlo

Oct 3, 2005
Maine
Will be dropping YT and going with Fubo soon as I get home from work. Hopefully Fubo doesn't suck...I need my Bruins!

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
For the People who have been on YouTubeTV who are now on EyeStream, what were the painful channels and features you lost.

I cannot believe the list of available channels. I think I am making the permanent move but just seeing if I overlooked anything obvious. I will miss DVR, but I have enough options to get over the limitations there.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I found Fox and NBC under USA locals but I am having trouble locating ABC and CBS any help would be greatly appreciated.

584 ABC New Hampshire
585 ABC Boston
586 CBS Boston
660 FOX Boston
661 New England Cable News
705 NBC Providence
706 CBS Providence
726 NBC Boston
756 ABC New Bedford

Reactions: HustleB

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
For the People who have been on YouTubeTV who are now on EyeStream, what were the painful channels and features you lost.

I cannot believe the list of available channels. I think I am making the permanent move but just seeing if I overlooked anything obvious. I will miss DVR, but I have enough options to get over the limitations there.
DVR was the big one, on occasion have to delete then reinstall the app on Roku to get the TV guide to work right but that takes seconds to do, I love Eyestream

BradPark22

Nov 8, 2017
DVR was the big one, on occasion have to delete then reinstall the app on Roku to get the TV guide to work right but that takes seconds to do, I love Eyestream

I have a serious question regarding Eyestream. How in the hell is this legal !!??

You get an astronomical amount of pay channels for next to nothing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad