Value of: Your Young(ish) Winger or Dman to EDM

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Now that Sekera is going on LTIR, his career is most likely over and his 5.5m cap hit will be gone, we could use that money on improving the team. Make an offer for your 27 year old or younger winger/RHD to the Oilers. Its a plus if you can take the LTIR cap hit off our hands. Picks and Prospects other than Bouchard/Yamo are available. In terms of roster players, the only ones you'll get are bottom 6ers.

Last edited:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I could potentially see Jordan Schmaltz available in STL. I don't even know what we'd ask for... we don't have much cap space so probably just a decent pick or prospect in return.

Ideally we'd trade Gunnarsson, but he's not young. And Schmaltz isn't signed yet. But he's about to turn 25 and it's still unknown if he will get any amount of playing time with the Blues this upcoming season so maybe he's hoping for a fresh start? I have no idea, just speculating. But I wouldn't be shocked to see it.

Reactions: byrath

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Now that Sekera is going on LTIR, his career is most likely over and his 5.5m cap hit will be gone, we could use that money on improving the team. Make an offer for your 27 year old or younger winger/RHD to the Oilers. Its a plus if you can take the LTIR cap hit off our hands. Picks and Prospects other than Bouchard/Yamo are available. Yes, that means Bear is available for the right return. In terms of roster players, the only ones you'll get are bottom 6ers.

giphy.gif

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
So picks/Bear!!!/bottom 6ers + cap dump (optional) for a sub 27 player??

I don’t think you’re going to get anything but bottom 6ers/bottom pairing guys offered for that. If you’re expecting more be prepared to be disappointed.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
McCarron for Bear, 2019 unprotected first, 2nd and Sekera. We can even throw in a 2021 7th if you want.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
There were rumours the Bruins were sniffing around Edmonton earlier in the summer. Maybe something comes of it now.

Might have been Eklund though. Or Haggerty. So probably a lie.

Nurse/Klefbom were the popular names if I remember right.

Not Lucic though. Please god not that. And I loved the guy

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
There were rumours the Bruins were sniffing around Edmonton earlier in the summer. Maybe something comes of it now.

Might have been Eklund though. Or Haggerty. So probably a lie.

Nurse/Klefbom were the popular names if I remember right.

Not Lucic though. Please god not that. And I loved the guy

We just lost a defenceman for the season. No chance are either of those guys available now.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
If tolvanen and Hartman take off I could see one of bonino/Smith becoming available. Not sure if you'd have any interest in that though. Smith fits the description pretty good

Also now since we have hamhuis, you could probably get one of Irwin or bitetto

Last edited:
Reactions: ManwithNoIdentity

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
We just lost a defenceman for the season. No chance are either of those guys available now.

Boston has 8 of em! Maybe 9 if one has a good camp showing.

I remember Krug being the popular one going the other way.

If it was a lesser guy maybe a Miller or McQuaid. Both can play bottom pair minutes and not hurt you.

This is all assuming Peter talks to Donald. Somehow I don’t believe they actually do

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Boston has 8 of em! Maybe 9 if one has a good camp showing.

I remember Krug being the popular one going the other way.

If it was a lesser guy maybe a Miller or McQuaid. Both can play bottom pair minutes and not hurt you.

This is all assuming Peter talks to Donald. Somehow I don’t believe they actually do

Who’s waiver eligible of your defencemen? I can see Chia dealing our extra third rounder for a guy a team might be scared to lose on waivers for nothing

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Who’s waiver eligible of your defencemen? I can see Chia dealing our extra third rounder for a guy a team might be scared to lose on waivers for nothing
Might not matter. It looks like they’ll carry all of em into the season.

Makes sense really. They lose 3 to injury by December every year lol

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I could potentially see Jordan Schmaltz available in STL. I don't even know what we'd ask for... we don't have much cap space so probably just a decent pick or prospect in return.

Ideally we'd trade Gunnarsson, but he's not young. And Schmaltz isn't signed yet. But he's about to turn 25 and it's still unknown if he will get any amount of playing time with the Blues this upcoming season so maybe he's hoping for a fresh start? I have no idea, just speculating. But I wouldn't be shocked to see it.
Schmaltz isn't anything we dont already have. Benning is better but he cant play top 4 either. The whole reason we'd be aquiring a rhd would be to keep Benning on the bottom pair. Schmaltz isn't a top 4d.

Reactions: Hockey Crazy

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
If tolvanen and Hartman take off I could see one of bonino/Smith becoming available. Not sure if you'd have any interest in that though. Smith fits the description pretty good

Also now since we have hamhuis, you could probably get one of Irwin or bitetto
I like Smith, what'd you want?

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia