Your worst injury

Meichel Kane

My Name Is
Jun 6, 2006
As a goaltender who has yet to suffer a significant injury, you guys are scaring me. :laugh: I've been bowled over a lot and taken some shots in less-than-comfortable places, but I've sprung back up every time so far.

Hip pointer.

I played most of a baseball season with one of those. Most annoying injury ever. Whenever I thought it healed, I'd land on my left hip again, and back it was. I had a Vlad Guerrero trot going.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
Took a wrist shot straight to the mouth. Only 7 stitches, teeth needed to be straightened out, root canel, but it left a beautiful scar : )

MISC*

100_0778.jpg
[/IMG]

Compound fracture.

goalie29

Oct 17, 2010
Canada
The worst part, is that so many injuries in hockey are PREVENTABLE with proper training,,, like shoulder seperations, groin/hip flexor injuries, ACL/MCL tears,,, a lot of man games lost to very preventable injuries... .
Ain't that the truth!

My worst was an MCL tear my second year in net, 3 years ago. It was one of the first games of the season. I wasn't in proper shape, but I had gained just enough skill to try to do a move that my body didn't want to do at that point. End result: 2nd degree tear to the MCL and meniscus damage that took me out for most of the season.

It kills me to look back and know it didn't have to happen. I still have annoying meniscus problems.

I had never been injured before that in almost 40 years of playing sports, beyond bumps, bruises and sore muscles. I'm way more careful about preparation now.

wango55

Apr 19, 2012
The Nutmeg State
From hockey: I've suffered 2 1/2 concussions (the 1/2 was a mild one) over 8 years of playing. The most recent was probably 1 1/2 years ago, but was still having symptoms (random dizziness and headaches) as recent as 4 months ago. After the first one (where I was backskating and got shoved backwards into my own net - head hitting the post) I replaced my helmet with a more protective one, and never skated without my mouthguard in. I've also gotten a severe ankle sprain - from an opposing player landing on my ankle which shelved me for a couple months.

Off the ice, I've broken my foot once - sparring in kickboxing - I went for a high roundhouse, and my sparring partner blocked it with his elbow, breaking two bones in my right foot. I've also broken my thumb and a few toes, but nothing worse than that so far....knock on wood.

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Broke my left femur, full speed turned at the goal line lost an edge went knee first into the boards.

Broke my right femur. Little shove low in my back, just crossing the goal line, which had me go into the boards basically in a sitting position. Felt a pop and assumed it was my knee, but nope, femur. Now-a-days they treat femurs much different than when it happened to me. Five weeks in traction, six weeks in a cast that went from my ankle all the way up to the leg and then wrapped about 10 inches up my torso.

Missed a lot of school that year.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Broken toe
blood clot in thigh from being kneed
hip pointer
separated shoulder
sprained neck
severe concussion woke up next day in hospital after a slew foot
broken nose
bone chip elbow
fractured fingers (3)

Now I'm 50, and everything hurts!

kr580

Who knows.
Aug 9, 2009
California
My worst was a hyper-extended wrist which has lingered for the better part of a year now. Constant pain when I use my wrist for anything now. When I don't play hockey for a couple weeks it starts to heal up but then I play hockey and the first shot re-aggrivates it. I'm stubborn, yes.

So I haven't played hockey since May 17th. My wrist is fine now. At least until next week when I have no work and will play 4-5 pickup games, haha.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
Just minor sprains, pulls and concussions. Got a bunch of nasty bruises from hard slap shots I blocked by accident!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad