GDT: Your Winnipeg Jets vs Los Angeles Kings | Sun Mar 1, 3PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
Did you see Nolan try and bate the ref with a fake high sticking? So much for being being tough team. I hate divers.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
We still have 18 games to go. I'll eat crow at the appropriate time.

And as long as you do that, you will have ALL the respect in the world from just about everyone I know, myself included. It's okay to be shown to be wrong in the end. Being wrong on occasion is the price you pay for daring to be right. It's the "oh I'm right, you'll never hear the end of it // oh I'm wrong? I'll just hide in the celebration and hope you forgot" that most right-thinking people can't abide by.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
It brings me joy whenever I remember that James Wright is no longer on this team.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
We still have 18 games to go. I'll eat crow at the appropriate time.

I also predicted that one or more of Minnesota/Dallas/Colorado would sneak back into playoff contention due to the fact that they boast the elite talent that we don't, was I wrong now?

I'm hoping to eat some crow..........this team does look DAMN good.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
I hope these refs are first in line for those first few head transplants.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Speaking of, I'm the crow-eater that had picked the Jets bottom-5 in the league!!! :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

And as long as you do that, you will have ALL the respect in the world from just about everyone I know, myself included. It's okay to be shown to be wrong in the end. Being wrong on occasion is the price you pay for daring to be right. It's the "oh I'm right, you'll never hear the end of it // oh I'm wrong? I'll just hide in the celebration and hope you forgot" that most right-thinking people can't abide by.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Speaking of, I'm the crow-eater that had picked the Jets bottom-5 in the league!!! :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

It happens. You owned it. All the respect in the world for doing it. And in your defence, you were NOT alone, not by a mile. Years ago, I once predicted Lee-Lee Sobieski was going to be the next breakout young female starlet, based on a couple hot movies.

You ever hear of Lee-Lee Sobieski? Yeah, not surprising :P

Think like in Dogma, where Loki still insists "Summer Crush" will be shown to be the better 1982 summer movie than "E.T.". :P

Byefooglien

Siberia West
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

I think a lot of people are forgetting that I'm still a Jets fan. I'd love to be wrong about my predictions. :laugh:

I said it in the playoffs thread after the St.Louis game that I have more confidence in this group now than I did at the ASB. Partially because they were able to recuperate after that horrendous losing skid after the break, but also because of the plummet of the Sharks and now the Flames clearly being sellers.

Could they still miss out? Absolutely. We'll just have to wait and see. If Chevy delivers a Marty Erat or Chris Stewart tomorrow, I'll officially count myself in the optimist crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad