LrqfxAF.gif

^^ Fefe from the second period

What a great gif :laugh:

and relevant.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Watching the Kings stream (my Jets stream died). Their PBP guys are really complimenting the Jets players. Even pointing out Quick tripping Scheifele.

The McNabb hit on Scheifele (if you can call it that) was pretty dangerous. Loved seeing Scheifele get angry and lay Lewis out after. It only took a year and a half to see angry Scheif.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Please, please, please don't blow this Jets.

Whether we can keep up with LA in terms of speed, size and physicality can be debated, but we have played better so far tonight.

A seven game series is a totally different story.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Kings are gunna come out PISSED. We need to keep up the physicality and keep rolling.

Yep. As much as I'm ragging on 'em tonight, LA is still a good team. Need to keep the pedal to the metal, and not let them gain momentum in the 3rd.

bodybreak

Whiteshell Wild
Jul 11, 2006
Hey looks like my defence of the Jets physicality getting some love on the LAK board. :handclap:

They are honest educated hockey fans over there, no doubt.

We should pass a hat around and collect some money so those posters can afford some tickets! The loudest cheer at the Staples Center is usually "(visiting team) SUCKS!" as the organist plays the Addams Family theme. :shakehead

Pat Sajak is a fan, maybe even an STH. Maybe he can talk some class into those guys. :nod:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Watching the Kings stream (my Jets stream died). Their PBP guys are really complimenting the Jets players. Even pointing out Quick tripping Scheifele.

The McNabb hit on Scheifele (if you can call it that) was pretty dangerous. Loved seeing Scheifele get angry and lay Lewis out after. It only took a year and a half to see angry Scheif.

kings have best pbp guys imo. very unbiased.

Roofgoat

Feb 5, 2015
Rural Missouri
Kings are gunna come out PISSED. We need to keep up the physicality and keep rolling.

You know it. No 3rd Q Meltdown. Abuse the Kings. Abuse them abusively!

That Meyers Goal was art and terror. It was like slow motion hell, a Pterodactyl swooping in, a juke on the prey, and then engulfment, and then death.

Byefooglien

Siberia West
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Please, please, please don't blow this Jets.

Whether we can keep up with LA in terms of speed, size and physicality can be debated, but we have played better so far tonight.

A seven game series is a totally different story.

Why are people already dreading a 7 game series against the Kings? We still have to make the playoffs first and win a round before even having to worry about that.

JJ McCubbin

Apr 15, 2014
Great stuff from the Jets so far. Need to keep the effort up in the 3rd and not let the Kings back into it. It was good to see Scheif with the big hit and Buff being there to have his back straight away.

Also, I'm hoping that Ladd can get an assist to complete the 'Ladd Trick' (goal, assist, OZ minor) :naughty:

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I hate afternoon games. It's always a toss up whether I get up on time or not. It's nice to wake up to the Jets giving the Kings a buttstomping, though.

At least there's the 3rd period. Go Jets.

Derfel*

Just caught up on the PVR - fantastic game across the board again, but I'd say this game it's more the Kings are sleeping than the Jets are fully rocking. But the 3rd will be fantastic if the Jets can keep it up.

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
And yeah, the guys who replied to my post, that's exactly it, right? We're out-Kinging the kings. The high-and-mighty, barely-in-the-playoffs defending champions are hanging on for dear life and a couple posts and fluke saves from being waxed by the "lowly", "injured" Jets.

AND I LOVE IT!

To be fair, I think this team (The Kings) is exhausted from post-season play year-after-year. It wears on these teams, especially when they go so deep year after year. These guys have played around 80 more games in the last 4 years than any of these Jets. It shows.

Sometimes, not making the playoffs isn't the worst thing that can happen to a team over the long term.

FinJetster

Mar 1, 2015
Kerava, Finland
So glad, so far, this was an "early" game (11 pm for us in Finland) so I get to see this. Although I missed most of the first period. The first early Sunday game, hence the first whole game of the year for me.

This team has grown so much with PoMo + the new guys have been a great addition. Of course, as a Finn, still waiting for Armia. It's been a while since a genuinely good Finnish player has played on this franchise. The last one was - ironically and tragically - traded just as he got well (a different ownership and a different town, though. But I'm still a bit bitter especially knowing what we were left with..).

dig1

Mar 1, 2015
I am relatively new to hockey, let alone to jets. But I have watched the past four years' stanley cups. I don't think there is anytime that matches physically Kings better than Jets. The only thing that I have noticed is that jets don't have the speed that Kings forwards have. But boy, jets make the blues look like they're children and they are adults.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
I like how Doughty is a turn over machine so often but no one calls him out on it, Chef's been having his way this game.

This game is where Chef turn it on for the rest of the year I think.

Meyers knows he's breaking out hard now, can do what he wants and has a team to back him up in anything.

Staff and Lusty are gonna rock out the rest of the year well, and they look good together.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Don't underestimate the Kings here in the 3rd...lets have a nice boring period where we shut things Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad