Your Unpopular Hockey Opinions-LA Kings Fans Version

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
As long as the players on our team give 100% of themselves on the ice and at a minimum conduct themselves like a pro in the locker room and around them team then who they are away from the game (so long as it doesn't conflict with their ability to play) is their own business so far as I am concerned.

Jisatsu

May 17, 2013
1. Despite the last two lack luster seasons I see flashes of awesome in Dustin Brown.

2. I think Kyle Clifford could be so much better than he is. Same with Nolan.

3. Dwight King has great hands, but plays almost timid for the most part. He looks good playing with Carter and Toffoli though. Just too inconsistent season round.

4. I'm glad Richards, Williams, and Stoll are gone. Their contributions in the past were awesome but they stayed a season too long.

5. Why the **** are we paying Greene to play hockey?? Dude is a train wreck. I've seen better D in men's A leagues.

6. We probably aren't going to make the playoffs next year. (I hope I'm wrong)

7. Even if Voynov comes back he hasn't been playing hockey for a season, so he'll most likely be garbage for a few months and won't really help the Kings for the most part.

Rumpelstiltskin

Serial Ruminator
Jun 14, 2007
Los Alamitos, CA
I'm on the "Voynov deserves a second chance" train, too; but: I don't expect much from him performance-wise this season (just too rusty, and coming off a fairly serious injury).

The rest of mine are in-arena or marketing complaints:

• I miss the Andy Murray-era goal-horn.
  • I miss the Andy Murray-era in-game music and bumpers (the new warm-up dubstep crap makes my ears hurt, literally).
  • As Kings' PA announcer: David Courtney >> Dave Joseph (I enjoy listening to the later on the KABC morning show, though).
  • The Andy Murray-era Shield >> Sutter-era Home Plate Logo.
  • The blimp sucks. It's annoying. If they're going to keep it, it should at least intermittently drop free stuff into the crowd.
  • Bring back the AAA fridge magnet schedules.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
- Sutter should never have touched the team
- I see no reason why Voynov shouldn't play
- Kopitar deserves a 3 year 3.5-4 mill contract
- Kings need a #1 center
- Williams leave will hurt us big time
- King is not a hockey player
- Toffoli and Pearson will adjust to Sutter hockey and start to decline
- We have the best 4th line in the league Clifford - Lewis - Nolan.
Sadly nobody cares.
- Lucic will score 11 goals and 9 assists
- Other teams doing "the little things right" too.
- Deni Lombardis access to 1st rounders
- We don't have a 3rd line

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
I'd trade Dustin Brown to anyone dumb enough to trade a used bag of pucks for him. Barring an early season ending injury to Lucic or Gaborik which would give Brown a chance on the top line he is never going to be worth half of his cap hit. His Toews like intangibles aren't worth that much.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
I'm happy Williams is gone. I think the roster needed some turnover and Williams, Stoll, Regehr and Richards all showed some wear and tear last season (some for reasons off the ice). In the Cap era you cannot fall in love with players especially after they turn 30, you need to look for signs of age and move on before you pay them for declining stats each year. You can't pay a guy based on past heroics or for the ability to score goals in Game 7 especially if they can no longer help you get to a Game 7. Good luck on the 2nd line in Washington JW.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
- Kings need a #1 center
Sadly nobody cares.

:popcorn::(:amazed::popcorn:

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
- Kings need a #1 center
Sadly nobody cares.

Kurillino, I have known you for years and you bring it every single day. I may not agree with you all the time but I know that you are only ever stating your honest opinions and that has merit. Happily sitting on the Kurillino fan club.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Another one:

A good goalie can improve a semi-decent defense. A good defense can improve a semi-decent goalie.

It's a symbiotic relationship.

kinda like this?

symbiosis-ox.jpg

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
well according to most people who aren't Kings fans after last season, it's been confirmed that the last few years were the biggest fluke championships of all time

Oh please, those people can **** right off. That second run was won on pure will power, that's definitely no fluke.

gnarls barkley

Mar 16, 2015
Chicago
Oh please, those people can **** right off. That second run was won on pure will power, that's definitely no fluke.

no man you don't understand, every single goal in '14 was a lucky bounce, every team in '12 was bad, and everyone on the kings is now past their prime

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
- Kings need a #1 center
Sadly nobody cares.

The home plate logo is a prank still waiting to be noticed.

Legit laughing out loud at the boldfaced. Well done guys! :laugh:

"Deny DL's access to first rounders" might be the best idea of all time really.

I can agree with this. Which is why Tik's point...

I'm happy Williams is gone. I think the roster needed some turnover and Williams, Stoll, Regehr and Richards all showed some wear and tear last season (some for reasons off the ice). In the Cap era you cannot fall in love with players especially after they turn 30, you need to look for signs of age and move on before you pay them for declining stats each year. You can't pay a guy based on past heroics or for the ability to score goals in Game 7 especially if they can no longer help you get to a Game 7. Good luck on the 2nd line in Washington JW.

...I tend to agree with but is a tough one. Are the guys coming in younger and more skilled? I don't think there's much question there. But for as mythical as intangibles are, our team was nothing if not clutch and all heart. Very unique. Like some other teams we may get some more offense points out of the regular season by replacing guys like Williams with younger models, but at some point, going 2PPG in games 7s isn't a fluke, you know? It's a tough pill to swallow I suppose but better now than later, I guess it's just testament to my I understanding of why DL didn't buy out Richards or let Stoll go sooner.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Kurillino, I have known you for years and you bring it every single day. I may not agree with you all the time but I know that you are only ever stating your honest opinions and that has merit. Happily sitting on the Kurillino fan club.

uhmm... isn't everyone here stating honest opinions ???
Didn't know it's a big deal, but thank you very mouch though.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
uhmm... isn't everyone here stating honest opinions ???
Didn't know it's a big deal, but thank you very mouch though.

I have been reading your posts for a long time Kurrilino and I admire your posts because your sorta like me and will go against the grain even if it isn't popular Your not afraid to go up against popular opinion It used to frustrate me now i look for to seeing them Please never stop posting them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad