Your Unpopular Hockey Opinions-LA Kings Fans Version

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Stealing this idea from the main board. Thought it might be fun.

What unpopular opinions might you hold?

Examples:
Slava Voynov deserves a second chance.
Bettman is actually doing a good job.
Shoot outs are awesome for the game.

You could even give one for each team if so inclined.

Bored and looking for something to talk about during the dog days of summer.

gnarls barkley

Mar 16, 2015
Chicago
Voynov deserves a second chance

Nolan is a lot better than people give him credit for

the west outside of LA/CHI is worse than the east

Semin is underrated, and would be worth his weight in gold on a real contender

Kings man 4 life

Jul 2, 2008
Voynov deserves a second chance.
Bettman is doing a great job.
Brown will validate his contract this season.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Even though it's part of the game:

I hate it when a player comes off the ice at one end of the bench and another player jumps on from the other end of the bench to neutralize an outnumbered attack.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Another one:

A good goalie can improve a semi-decent defense. A good defense can improve a semi-decent goalie.

It's a symbiotic relationship.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Dean Lombardi should not give Kopitar an 8-year deal this summer.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
wow u made a thread that is tailor made for me lol

1 King is not a top 6 forward for any length of time. This is when i think he needs to be traded so i don't have to see him there.

2 the kings needed offense at the deadline last year not defense. Id we scored more then a goal a game in the last ten we make the playoffs.

3 Weal is to small to play on the kings Until someone under 6 feet gets top 6 mins i will stick to my opinion. Weal is not a bottom six player especially on the wing. If played there your setting him up to fail.

4 Berube should have been given a chance in camp before vet brought in. Yes he lets in a few soft goals but so does quick and no one wants him gone.

5 Sutter should leave lines along for a few game without tinkering with them Develop some chemistry

gnarls barkley

Mar 16, 2015
Chicago
Agree completely. My choice for breakout player for LA. 12+ goals for 2015-16 season.
I think he's capable, but unfortunately I think the limiting factor is going to be playing time.

it's weird, he's had a pretty damn consistent shooting %, only one year under 10% - granted he doesn't take a lot of shots, but still.

I guess the knock is that he's not a fantastic possession forward, but he seems like he has a helluva lot more offensive upside than a lot of other guys on our bottom 6

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
wow u made a thread that is tailor made for me lol

1 King is not a top 6 forward for any length of time. This is when i think he needs to be traded so i don't have to see him there.

2 the kings needed offense at the deadline last year not defense. Id we scored more then a goal a game in the last ten we make the playoffs.

3 Weal is to small to play on the kings Until someone under 6 feet gets top 6 mins i will stick to my opinion. Weal is not a bottom six player especially on the wing. If played there your setting him up to fail.

4 Berube should have been given a chance in camp before vet brought in. Yes he lets in a few soft goals but so does quick and no one wants him gone.

5 Sutter should leave lines along for a few game without tinkering with them Develop some chemistry

To sum it up, just another guy that thinks he knows more than Daryl Sutter.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Dean Lombardi should not give Kopitar an 8-year deal this summer.

It's all about the cap management for me. Such a tough choice. Be nice if he took a home town discount but probably unlikely. IF term gets the cap down it might need to happen.

Could always trade him eh.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there

Agreed to both.

saintsnsoldiers

GO KINGS GO
Jun 13, 2007
Arizona, Tucson
Trade Brown while we can
Kopi does not deserve more then 8mil
Sutter has worn out his welcome with the players look for new coach
Nolan under rated
Trade Clifford
Martinez>Muzzin
McBain needs to play

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
Bring back the bench clearing brawls.

The cap while sort of necessary is also damaging the game.

Voynov's actions are no different than RoR P Kane M Lucic etc and Danny Heatley should have gone to prison.

Adding officials has done nothing to help the game be better officiated.

Removal of the center ice redline (two line pass rule change) has helped move the game along.

I think that the 3 on 3 formate is stupid.

Stick technology should include better durability.

I have only ever laced my skates like any pair of shoes, never up the ankles and am certain that I am a better skater as a result.

I think each team would make a bunch of money by selling their own brand of beer (beverages food prods) in their arenas (are sliving it off to one of their owned bars). King Royal Brew or some crap like that. The dirt dogs empty cups IPA (since as of today I don't believe they have an arena to play in).
The ducks "pond water light" seems like a perfect fit. people who drink beer at the games might pay a bit more but I honestly know nothing about that stuff.

I think it was a brilliant move bringing the AHL to the west coast and is only going to make the game of hockey and the NHL much better in the long run.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Please see thread title before going after another poster's opinion.

That being said, this is 'unpopular opinions,' not 'opinions that no one shares because they're factually incorrect.'

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Dwight King has become absurdly overrated.

I've been under the impression that the board consensus is 'he's a useful player.' Hard to see how that's absurdly overrated by any stretch. I don't know where this mythical opinion that DK is some sort of dynamo gets its legs, other than when people try to trade him and many of us say he fits well.

gnarls barkley

Mar 16, 2015
Chicago
I've been under the impression that the board consensus is 'he's a useful player.' Hard to see how that's absurdly overrated by any stretch. I don't know where this mythical opinion that DK is some sort of dynamo gets its legs, other than when people try to trade him and many of us say he fits well.

I like King a lot, but to me the bottom line regardless is that his contract isn't nearly large enough to fuss about to any real extent. Saving 500k here and there isn't going to make or break anything of any actual impact.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I hope Kopitar is a King for life, even if it's a terrible contract.

Quick is about to have a monster season.

Alec Martinez > Nick Leddy, that is he can be a strong #3 on a great team if he has a solid partner that can also eat minutes.

Outside of Richards/Stoll, this team does not need sweeping changes to be a contender this year.

Dustin Brown was always overpaid by a million, but he will return to form and put up near 50 pts this season. No one will eat crow :sarcasm:

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
Stick technology should include better durability.

Although probably not an unpopular opinion, this X 1000000

It is unfathomable to me that the league or even individual teams aren't working hard with a stick manufacturer to develop a more durable stick. It's insane how many critical plays are disrupted by shattering sticks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->