Your Unpopular Hockey Opinions-LA Kings Fans Version

dman3474

Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
Quick only has maybe 2 good full seasons left in him, the way he plays his body wont be able to hold up.

DL should should stay on as team president and promote Futa to GM at the end of the season.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Quick only has maybe 2 good full seasons left in him, the way he plays his body wont be able to hold up.

DL should should stay on as team president and promote Futa to GM at the end of the season.

I would be on board with this one.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
I've been under the impression that the board consensus is 'he's a useful player.' Hard to see how that's absurdly overrated by any stretch. I don't know where this mythical opinion that DK is some sort of dynamo gets its legs, other than when people try to trade him and many of us say he fits well.

I'm too lazy to go find all the recent quotes but the guy is getting ridiculous props. One, in particular, "he is the best King on the wall". What a joke, the guy can't keep the puck on his stick for more than a second or two. Maybe he meant the best guy named King.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Trade Brown while we can
Kopi does not deserve more then 8mil
Sutter has worn out his welcome with the players look for new coach
Nolan under rated
Trade Clifford
Martinez>Muzzin
McBain needs to play

Chuckling at this one. The main board consensus seems to be that Muzz is in the top 5 of #2 dmen in the whole league.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Ducks-Coery perry is a good player and I wish LA had drafted him.
Coyotes-Will move to Vegas after this year.
Bruins-Belesky will score 30 goals.
Sabres-Won't make the playoffs.
Flames-Will be a top two team in the division if goaltending stays steady.
Canes-Hanafin will be in their starting lineup.
Hawks-Will not reach the WCF.
Avalanche-Have a better defense than many give them credit for.
Jackets-Are a scary team.
Stars-Niemi will be their starter and have a good year.
Wings-Dats & Hank will be healthy all year.
Oilers-McDavid will not win the ROTY/Sekera is not a #1
Panthers-Jagr will not be traded at the deadline.
Kings-Kopi will have a career offensive year.
Minnesota-Dubnyk will have another good year.
Montreal-Will not make the ECF.
Predators-Renne will win the Vezina.
Devils-Will play an exciting brand of hockey.
Islanders-Will be in the Stanley Cup finals.
Rangers-Will not make the ECF.
Senators-Will not make the playoffs/Karlsson will win Norris again.
Flyers-Provorov will be in their starting lineup.
Penguins-Will not make the playoffs.
Blues-Won't make the playoffs.
Sharks-Are still a dangerous team.
Lightning-Stralman is a monster defender.
Leafs-Won't be dead last in the league.
Canucks-Won't make the playoffs.
Capitols-Will be in the ECF.
Jets-Have the best fan base in the NHL.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I actually don't mind Brown's contract. He is overpaid, but he's the captain and epitomizes what it means to be a Kings player. He's going to be a king for life.

Kopitar, Doughty and Quick will be Kings for life as well.

I think Voynov should be traded if/when he comes back.

Doughty isn't/ never will be captain material.

Minor Boarding

Nov 30, 2011
Corleone
1. Matt Greene sucks and his only on ice contribution is generating PP for opponents.
2. As long as the current projected 2nd defensive pairing of Martinez-Mcnabb will be logging high minutes, the Kings are going to struggle. (Need Voynov back and need a good 2nd pairing defender on the roster to compete).
3. Kopi deserves every penny he will get on his next contract (how manny other teams have their top line center being the scoring leader for his entire career - rookie year?)
4. Our backup is a midget...
5. Quicks play in the last 10 games was godawfull with manny softies allowed.
6. Toffolis conditioning was suspect for the 2nd half of the last season. Seemed to be gassed quickly in most of the games.
7. Kempe and Shore are the real deal. Shore will easily replace Stoll/Lewis on the 3rd line. Kempe will be getting some NHL regular season games.
8. The Kings missed last years playoffs not only because of the ****** SO record and luck of teams like Calgary/Vancouver but also because the Kings regressed a lot defensively (which led to those 3rd period comebacks they allowed).
9. Lombardi overpaid for Sekera/Lucic like Mr. George Maguire used to do with his prospects/picks deals.
10. Bob Miller is at the point he should consider retirement. He makes way too many mistakes (he was lost the past year) and I don't like him to tarnish his good reputation.

There ya go.

Last edited:

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Weal will get more points this season than Brown and King (not combined)...in LA
Colin Miller is Joe Corvo 2.0
Lintuniemi is underrated
Brodzinski will lead Ontario in goals this season
Middleton is a steal for a 7th round pick

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
In Dean we (should still) trust.
We'll be happy with how the defense looks by the midpoint of the season.
It's ok to overpay players to win now - go big or go bust.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Clifford needs to be moved and has no place in the lineup.

Dustin Brown will never recover; however, despite this prediction Lombardi should not trade him. He is a valuable 3rd line player who has proven to be capable of remaining healthy despite his style of play, has the ability to play to a good percentage of his capability, has immeasurable value in the locker room, and obviously has the capability to play on the top 6 when we need him to. Moving him would be a colossal mistake and isn't comparable to the Richards situation.

McBain should be given a bigger role on the team this year.

Martinez is overpaid but the Kings can't afford to lose him, but if we find ourselves with a better defense by the end of the year, we should consider moving him.

Trevor Lewis is invaluable.

I fear for Tanner Pearson's durability and capability to adapt and stay relevant when/if he loses his speed.

I don't think it is possible for a King to ever win an individual award under this regime, and I don't think that is a bad thing, though I do find it personally disappointing as a fan.

Weal will be moved before he garners any relevance with the Kings.

Chain

Feb 2, 2014
I've got a lot of them. lol

Pro athletes convicted of a felony shouldn't be allowed to be pro athletes anymore.

Dustin Brown gets too much heat.

Sutter should adjust his coaching philosophy just a little bit and be more willing to give young talent a try.

Lombardi's a great GM but he overreached and screwed up signing Sekera.

I love Kopi, but he doesn't deserve anywhere near as much as Toews and Kane got (Kane doesn't deserve it either).

I like shootouts, but they shouldn't be happening more than a dozen times a year tops.

4-on-4 or 3-on-3 in overtime is worse than shootouts.

There should be a bit more scoring. Rules should be altered so it's about doubled. This would be good for decreasing the # of overtime games and increasing interest in hockey. A couple rules that would be good, imo, are to 1) reduce the size of the goalies equipment a little, and 2) to change the offsides rule so players can enter the offensive zone as long as the puck has cleared the defensive zone. This would make good goalies more valuable (the difference between the save % of the best and worst starter right now is only like 5%) and it would lead to a few more breakaway opportunities per game.

Fighting should remain in the game.

Last edited:

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
This thread -

roflbot1.jpg

Last edited:

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
Muzzin is one of the best defensemen in the game. Top 10 defender for sure.

Gaborik is also pretty underrated.

Why are Clifford, Andreoff, and Greene still on this team?

And Suckera is a *****.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad