3. C - Mason McTavish (1st year)
4. G - Lukas Dostal (-1)
5. RW - Jacob Perreault (no change)
6. D - Olen Zellweger (1st year)
7. D - Henry Thrun (no change)
8. C - Benoit-Olivier Groulx (+1)
9. LW - Sasha Pastujov (1st year)
10. D - Jackson LaCombe

I would take the wings prospect pool by a hair but Anaheim is absolutely stacked too

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
:habs

1-Cayden Primeau
2-Mathias Norlinder
3-Kaiden Guhle
4-Jesse Ylonen
5-Ryan Poehling
6-Luke Tuch
7-Logan Mailloux
8-Jan Mysak
9-Rafael Harvey-Pinard
10-Riley Kidney

Last edited:
Reactions: Devonator

member 334057

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Sabres most recent poll ranking from the beginning of the season in our subforum. I'm sure some of these would shift around now.

Jack Quinn is a guy who you dont hear much about anymore. 8th overall pick, had an okay WJC but 24 points in 17 AHL games, including 11 goals is really good. I would maybe consider him the Sabres number 2 prospect the way his goal scoring has translated to the pros

member 334057

Jack Quinn is a guy who you dont hear much about anymore. 8th overall pick, had an okay WJC but 24 points in 17 AHL games, including 11 goals is really good. I would maybe consider him the Sabres number 2 prospect the way his goal scoring has translated to the pros
Yea, most of those polls were done really early on when some guys still had that new car smell (Rosen, Poltapov), Peterka actually looked better in the pre-season but then Jack just started lighting up the AHL before he got Mono and was sidelined.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
If I were ranking the wings now, assuming Seider and Raymond are NHLers I would say its something like this:

Edvinsson
Cossa
Jonaten Berggren
Albert Johansson
Veleno
Neiderbach

After those guys it gets a little muddier, I would personally have it something like

Wallinder
Viro
Soderblom
Sebrango

I think a lot of wings fans would have Shai Buium in there somewhere. I also think Carter Mazur has maybe done enough to sneak in there this year but would like to see it a little longer from him since he was just drafted last year and is a really late bloomer.

Lil rat

Oct 26, 2019

Devon levi has dominate everything ahead of him as of now. He has a .955 sv% in his first ncaa season after winning best goalie of wjc against knight and askarov. I dont know why he is still not considered one of the best goalie prospect in the game.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Yea, most of those polls were done really early on when some guys still had that new car smell (Rosen, Poltapov), Peterka actually looked better in the pre-season but then Jack just started lighting up the AHL before he got Mono and was sidelined.

Peterka and Quinn both look fantastic rn. You could argue for either of them or Krebs at the #2 spot. Personally, I had Quinn #2 when we did the poll, and I still do now. The only thing this season has really done to my top 10 is give a small boost to Samuelsson and Johnson, and a bump in the opposite direction for Poltapov.

1. Power
2. Quinn
3. Peterka
4. Krebs
5. Samuelsson
6. Johnson
7. Rosen
8. Levi/Luukkonen/Portillo (I have no idea how to meaningfully distinguish between these 3, but all are playing well and have some impressive stuff on their resumes. I feel good about the odds that at least 1 becomes a bona fide starter, but I'm not betting on which.)

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
:cbj

The top 15 from the last prospect poll we did on HF is below. I don’t think the players in the top 10 would change, but they might be re-ordered slightly. Also, I think we are fairly pleased with our top 10. Sillinger and Johnson would probably switch. Tarasov has played in 4 NHL games and looks good (.937 save percentage) so he would move up. Chinakhov and Foudy are definitely NHLers — they just need to develop more. Peeke has looked better than last year. Ceulemans is leading Wisconsin in points. Svozil had a beautiful goal against Canada in the world juniors. The Jackets will probably have two picks in the 5-10 range in the 2022 draft, so the future is promising.

1. Kent Johnson (C/LW)
2. Cole Sillinger (C/LW)
3. Kirill Marchenko (LW)
4. Yegor Chinakov (RW)
5. Dmitri Voronkov (LW/C)
6. Liam Foudy (C/LW)
7. Daniil Tarasov (G)
8. Andrew Peeke (D)
9. Corson Ceulemans (D)
10. Stanislav Svozil (D)
11. Samuel Knazko (D)
12. Tyler Angle (C)
13. Trey Fix-Wolansky (RW)
14. Josh Dunne (C)
15. Ole-Julian Bjorgvik-Holm (D)

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Probably something like this for the Devils:

1. Luke Hughes
2. Alexander Holtz
3. Shakir Mukhamadullin
4. Nolan Foote
5. Tyce Thompson
6. Arseni Gritsyuk
7. Kevin Bahl
8. Chase Stillman
9. Reilly Walsh
10. Graeme Clarke

HM: Nikita Okhotiuk, Samu Salminen. I don't know how to rank goalie prospects, such as Akira Schmid and Nico Daws.

TOP3 is easy, but after that it's difficult to rank these guys. Foote and Stillman have been underwhelming, but I think Foote is still one of the better prospects from the Devils. I don't know what to think about Bahl. Gritsyuk has been good in the KHL and Walsh in the AHL. Thompson has also looked good, but he got an season ending injury.

Reactions: Wierzbowski426

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kings:

With Bjornfot, Anderson, Vilardi graduating, I'd say

Quinton Byfield
Brandt Clarke
Alex Turcotte
Arthur Kaliyev
Brock Faber
Sammy Fagemo
Tyler Madden
Francesco Pinelli
Helge Grans
Akil Thomas

HM
Rasmus Kupari, Jordan Spence, Kim Nousiainen, and like 30 more 'B' prospects and i'm sure someone i'm forgetting haha

I'd say you can add Kaliyev, Kupari, and Durzi to Bjornfot, Anderson, and Vilardi as graduates. I'd also say Helenius and Chromiak, and to a lesser degree Simontaival and Jordan Spence are risers, not really many fallers, maybe Fagemo a slot or two. Andre Lee and Alex Laferriere are good deep surprises. So to me it looks like this:

Quinton Byfield
Brandt Clarke
Alex Turcotte
Brock Faber
Franceso Pinelli
Helge Grans
Sammy Fagemo
Tyler Madden
Akil Thomas
Martin Chromiak

HM: Jordan Spence, Kim Nousiainen, Kirill Kirsanov, Samuel Helenius, Simontaival, Parik, who I've seen high on people's lists.

But admittedly I'm higher on Faber and Fagemo than most.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Guhle is for sure #1 now

I have no prob with Guhle ranked 1st. He is a safe bet to become a solid #2 defenseman. He is way better than Norlinder defensively, but Norlinder is better offensively and will likely end up quarterbacking our 1st PP unit. Norlinder was great with Laval before leaving for Frolunda, was displaying high end creativity and offensive skills.

I expect Primeau to become a solid starter, Ive been really high on him for years, the reason I have him ranked 1st on my list.

Tuch likely drops a few spots at that point, very disappointing season to say the least, but the tools are still there. Joshua Roy would crack my top 5.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Peterka and Quinn both look fantastic rn. You could argue for either of them or Krebs at the #2 spot. Personally, I had Quinn #2 when we did the poll, and I still do now. The only thing this season has really done to my top 10 is give a small boost to Samuelsson and Johnson, and a bump in the opposite direction for Poltapov.

1. Power
2. Quinn
3. Peterka
4. Krebs
5. Samuelsson
6. Johnson
7. Rosen
8. Levi/Luukkonen/Portillo (I have no idea how to meaningfully distinguish between these 3, but all are playing well and have some impressive stuff on their resumes. I feel good about the odds that at least 1 becomes a bona fide starter, but I'm not betting on which.)
I'm with you on having Quinn 2nd, though I am a Krebs fan. Would also put Rosen ahead of Johnson, who I see a lot of. He does some nice things, and has some nice tools, but I am not sure of how good he will be as a pro.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I'd rank the Habs prospects like this. I think Poehling has officially graduated.

1- Kaiden Guhle
2- Jesse Ylonen
3- Cayden Primeau
4- Logan Mailloux
5- Mattias Norlinder
6- Jordan Harris
7- Joshua Roy
8- Jan Mysak
9- Riley Kidney
10- Rafael Harvey-Pinard

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
:wild

1 - Boldy
2 - Wallstedt
3 - Rossi
4 - Lambos
5 - Khusnutdinov
6 - Beckman
7 - Peart
8 - Addison
9 - ROR
10 - McBain
11 - Dewar
12 - Nesterenko
13 - Hunt(love the talent, worried about his durability)
14 - Novak
15 - Firstov
16 - Pillar
17 - Warren
18 - Filip Johansson(the dream is still alive)
19 - Bankier
20 - Khovanov(there is talent there, but something is off)

I know it's a top 10 list, but I'm an overachiever.:dunno:

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

1. Luke Hughes
2. Alexander Holtz
3. Shakir Mukhamadullin
4. Nolan Foote
5. Tyce Thompson
6. Arseni Gritsyuk
7. Kevin Bahl
8. Chase Stillman
9. Reilly Walsh
10. Graeme Clarke

HM: Nikita Okhotiuk, Samu Salminen. I don't know how to rank goalie prospects, such as Akira Schmid and Nico Daws.

TOP3 is easy, but after that it's difficult to rank these guys. Foote and Stillman have been underwhelming, but I think Foote is still one of the better prospects from the Devils. I don't know what to think about Bahl. Gritsyuk has been good in the KHL and Walsh in the AHL. Thompson has also looked good, but he got an season ending injury.

I'd keep your list pretty much the same except I'd move Gritsyuk up to #2.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta

1. Luke Hughes
2. Alexander Holtz
3. Shakir Mukhamadullin
4. Nolan Foote
5. Tyce Thompson
6. Arseni Gritsyuk
7. Kevin Bahl
8. Chase Stillman
9. Reilly Walsh
10. Graeme Clarke

Devils “ were” (arguably ) but with Mercer graduating I’d say we have no real blue chip studs except for Luke and Holtz.
Buffalo and Bluejackets have passed us by a mile.
I’d put LA , Anaheim, Detroit , Ottawa , Columbus , Buffalo all ahead of us now for sure. Wild are looking stacked as well.
Devils massive needs are wingers with size / shoot first scoring wingers and Holtz so far is the only one with elite potential . Gritsyuk has come on to look very good and is impressing in the KHL. He is up there in PPG for players under 24? (23?) He was first but not sure where he is at right now.
I’d also put Stillman a little higher than what’s shown in this list. He has had bad luck with nagging injuries all year.

Last edited:

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
I have no prob with Guhle ranked 1st. He is a safe bet to become a solid #2 defenseman. He is way better than Norlinder defensively, but Norlinder is better offensively and will likely end up quarterbacking our 1st PP unit. Norlinder was great with Laval before leaving for Frolunda, was displaying high end creativity and offensive skills.

I expect Primeau to become a solid starter, Ive been really high on him for years, the reason I have him ranked 1st on my list.

Tuch likely drops a few spots at that point, very disappointing season to say the least, but the tools are still there. Joshua Roy would crack my top 5.
Agree with all your points
Really hope Norlinder pans out, he could be a stud but his defence looked horrific at times this year with the Habs in the little bit I saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad