Speculation: Your team's needs in offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I think we're fine at 4C. We have Howden and Barron. And Zibanejad is the 1C...

But yes, Rangers need a 1LD and a 2C.
Barron hasn’t played a professional game to date.
Howden stays in the lineup now because David Quinn likes him. Granted it has only been two NHL seasons but to this point Howden has not developed any flow or style to his game.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Blues

Minute eating LHD to pair with Parayko
Look at upgrading the LW or RW due to Tarasenko being out.
Let the kids play?

Mike Smith

Jan 9, 2019
Flames
1. Guys who can put puck in net
2.Guys who can keep puck out of net
3. More Draft picks so maybe BT can get lucky at the draft.

Reactions: BernieParent

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
For the Wings:

We need everything!

Do we need goaltending? We Need Everything

Do we need defence? We Need Everything

Do we need scoring? We Need Everything

Do we need coaching? We Need Everything

Do we need overpaid bums? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, formula broken!:(:(:(

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Leafs Top 4 RD, Pietrangelo, Tanev, Manson, Larsson, Savard, Hjalmarsson

Bottom pair RD Gudas

Size and grit in the bottom 6 Simmonds Thornton,.

Possible 3C

Possible #1 goalie

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
:sabres

Re-sign Larsson or get a defensively responsible center.

Move out one or two RHD

Acquire more talent at forward

Stop gap 2nd or 3rd pair LHD

Upgrade backup goalie

Reactions: umbertovanek

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
:edmonton
In order of importance:

- Winger for Mcdavid
- 2 way 3c
- Goalie that can at least split starts with Kosko
- Top pair Dman
- Someone willing to take Neal from us

Reactions: TFHockey

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Sign Hall/Hoffman or trade for a scoring winger. (Or two somehow)

Add wingers with size and can competently play 2nd-4th line duties.

Possibly a 3rd line centre if Danault gets moved out because he wants top 6 minutes.

Possibly a 3rd pairing RHD with some offensive upside in exchange for a LHD (Mete, Kulak)

Montreal has small, fast forwards to trade.
Picks/prospects.

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Isles

Needs:
First line winger with term

Available:
Anything other than Barzal, Beau, Pelech, Dobson or Sorokin.
The more you want, the more we need to throw in a cap dump.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Avs biggest need is patience. No big holes to fill. A second line winger would be nice, or a higher end 3C so Compher can play wing, but no need to overpay an FA or in a trade. Maybe talk to the training staff to see why players are getting hurt so much.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Which one or two RHD are you looking to move?

Myself and plenty of other Sabres fans feel it's well past time to move on from Risto. Hopefully some other team still sees him as a first pairing defensemen based on pedigree because his performance on the ice doesn't live up to it. Far from it.

Unfortunately, the coach of the Sabres himself is someone that views Risto as a 20+ minute top pair defenseman.

Montour is more likely to be the one on his way out. I wouldn't mind any of Risto, Montour, or Miller traded but would prefer it be Ristolainen while he still might have value around the league.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
:wings

#1 LD
#2 LD
#1/2 C
#1 G

It’s all coming around in wingsville
I’m not sure why Montreal and Detroit couldn’t do business . I know Mantha for domi straight up is a no go . Being that you are looking for a 2C domi is that . It’s not at all unreasonable for him to hit 72 pts again with a couple steady wingers . Detroit also wants young Defense , picks , prospects . Whatever that difference is between Mantha and domi I’m sure it can be covered and than some . Say domi , mete , brook and a 2nd ? It’s an overpayment for Detroit and a win win for both teams .

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
I’m not sure why Montreal and Detroit couldn’t do business . I know Mantha for domi straight up is a no go . Being that you are looking for a 2C domi is that . It’s not at all unreasonable for him to hit 72 pts again with a couple steady wingers . Detroit also wants young Defense , picks , prospects . Whatever that difference is between Mantha and domi I’m sure it can be covered and than some . Say domi , mete , brook and a 2nd ? It’s an overpayment for Detroit and a win win for both teams .
I wouldn’t say no to a deal around that. But i’d want either 16 coming back with domi or romanov. I’d offer the 32nd with it

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Rangers should be in the market for a legitimate #2-4 LHD, under 28 or so. An upgrade at 2/3C would be interesting, but we have to see how Chytil progresses and it’s not an immediate need; our offense is solid as is. Defensively responsible bottom six options are welcome but we have very crowded wings as is... could be some shuffling and eventually decisions will have to be made but it’s a process and not something that’s going to be sorted out in one off season. I think #2-4 quality LHD is the only actual pressing need.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I think Anaheim's season will be pretty simple:

- Determine if Rakell stays or a change is needed
- Determine if Manson stays or a change is needed
- Evaluation year to decide who from the youngsters/newcomers will become part of the core going forward: heinen, milano, terry, jones, steel, lundestrom, comtois, larsson, curran, djoos, guhle, mahura
- Does Ryan Miller retire, or do they bring him back for one more season? If not, are they satisfied using Stolarz as the backup to Gibson for this season?
- No pressure to succeed this season, get another lotto pick, deal with expansion draft
- Go into the following season making moves with the new core, tons of cap space and looking to get back to playoffs.

what do you think anaheim's biggest need is when you look at the roster for next year?
aside from growing the youth, etc.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
:cbj
Someone/Anyone who can finish and put the puck in the net, hopefully possessing some playmaking skill.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Aren't you guys already in cap hell? If not, Lou is your guy to get you to cap hell, definitely.
If I remember correctly Lou Lam left Toronto with a very good team, and lots of cap room. He’s the best GM for a reason. He builds winners. If we (Canucks) could get Lou Lam we wouldn’t let him get away.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad