Your Team Canada 2007 WC team

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildone26*

Another very average player from the blues eh...

How many canadian players do they have left on the roster NOT invited yet?

Best team or Blues team? :sarcasm:

Carlo Colaiacovo, the horrible Toronto Leafs defencemen is one player who was never invited. Other then that I am not sure.

wildone26*

Well he scored more goals than White this season, that is one way he is superior to White, right?

Not really, assists are equally important to goals. Are all the players who had more goals then Crosby and Thornton superior to them in anyway, shape, or form?

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Not really, assists are equally important to goals. Are all the players who had more goals then Crosby and Thornton superior to them in anyway, shape, or form?

Sure, Ovechkin had more goals than Crosby, he is a better goal scorer. Colaiacovo is a better goal scorer, that can't be denied because he is scoring more goals than White. I didn't say assists wern't as important as goals. White is a better set-up guy.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Id love to see Bouw play on the team as he'd finally get the exposure he deserves. He would be the #1 dman on Canada. Then again if his hip is injured I hope he rests.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Id love to see Bouw play on the team as he'd finally get the exposure he deserves. He would be the #1 dman on Canada. Then again if his hip is injured I hope he rests.

He's played on the team before, he's dominated every time. He played on the Olympic team and was far and away the best defenseman. If Boumeester plays its automatically makes Canada the gold favorite in my opinion.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
He got his exposure already. Jay has played for Canada at two World Championships, 2003 and 2004 and one World Cup and he has been excellent every time he has represented his country. In fact he was named the best defenseman of the tournament in 2003.

wildone26*

I agree it is a HUGE dissapointment Sid the incredible Kid is not playing. However I dont agree Canada has no chance to win without him. Canada has won major events before without him on the team, alot of them. This year might be a bit different though since the overall team does not look as strong as some other years so far.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
I agree it is a HUGE dissapointment Sid the incredible Kid is not playing. However I dont agree Canada has no chance to win without him. Canada has won major events before without him on the team, alot of them. This year might be a bit different though since the overall team does not look as strong as some other years so far.

I agree totally, we still have the best top end talent going into this thing, Canada is not out of it by any stretch.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Two more added:
Weber, Hamuis (sp?)

So Canada has 5 D (If Calgary is out, then Phaneuf will take one spot. Maybe hamrlik and Stauart too as they need 7 D)

Forwards: THey are waiting for Wings-Flames series. If Wings win, Canada gets Jarome Iginla (Hopefully, he'll play) and Langkow.

CDeeps

Apr 15, 2005
Two more added:
Weber, Hamuis (sp?)

So Canada has 5 D (If Calgary is out, then Phaneuf will take one spot. Maybe hamrlik and Stauart too as they need 7 D)

Forwards: THey are waiting for Wings-Flames series. If Wings win, Canada gets Jarome Iginla (Hopefully, he'll play) and Langkow.

Excellent pickups for Canada. Weber will be one of the finest defensemen in the NHL in a few years. Not quite up to par with Phaneuf but pretty darn close.

With the Lightening eliminated Canada really has an opportunity to bolster there starpower - St. Louis, Lecavalier, Richards, Ranger and Boyle.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
I'll change it.

D: Jackman, Brewer, Weber, Hamhuis, Commodore (Hopefully: Boyle and Phaneuf)

Goaltending: Roloson, Ward
Hopefully: Luongo (If Dallas wins on Monday)

Offense: If Lecavalier and St. Louis agree to compete there, it'll be great. Our offense would be one of the best. and if Luongo plays, then a medal for sure.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Weber and Hamhuis are excellent additions. I think both are auditioning for jobs in 2010. Weber is the puck-mover that we really needed. He'll thrive at advancing the puck and playing the point on the power play. Hamhuis can also advance the puck, but he's also aggressive, defensively responsible and tough to play against. If he isn't partnered with Weber, I'd like to see him with Jackman on a shut down pairing.

I think we can close the book on Bouwmeester being on the time, which is a shame. If he was going to be there, he would have agreed to join by now.

I wouldn't be surprised if Phaneuf joins Team Canada. I think he knows that a strong showing in this tournament could go a long ways to him making the next Olympic team. He should be there. Dan Boyle would be a coup, but I don't think he'll go. I would like to see at least one veteran presence back there, since Brewer is our only true international veteran. If it's not Boyle, then someone like a Willie Mitchell or a Darryl Sydor would be my pick.

I don't think goal scoring will be that big of an issue. Nash, the Staal's, Williams, Cammalleri - there is the potential to put up points. Even a guy like Shane Doan has a knack for coming up with the goals at the right time. We still have four forward spots available, and I would expect at least two or three of them to go to a gunner.

I doubt that a guy like Iginla or St. Louis would go. I don't think they have much to prove. I'd be pleasantly suprised if Lecavalier or Richards went. But someone like say, an Alex Tanguay or a Daymond Langkow would be a solid addition.

debil

Sep 23, 2006
Two more added:
Weber, Hamuis (sp?)

Hamrlik is czech. Not canadian.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
I doubt the Tampa Trio will go, they looked exhausted at the end of that series, I think they need the time off more than anyone. St. Louis literally had 31:30 minutes of ice time in that last game, they've all had long seasons, I'm sure they do need the rest. Dan Boyle, I'm not too sure about him, he was somewhat angry that they didn't put him on that 06 team, so I'm not sure. It would be great if he could go, but I'm not expecting him too at this point.

Dion should go, I can't imagine why he wouldn't, and hopefully Tanguay or someone like Lombardi goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad