Your Team Canada 2007 WC team

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildone26*

I will be surprised if any of LeCavalier, Richards, or St. Louis agree to go as well. I also doubt Boyle going too. I think Phaneuf will agree to go, and I will be very surprised if he does not.

Kyri

Apr 5, 2002
Visit site
Finland beat Canada today 4-2 (2-1,0-0,2-1). It was a last game for both teams before WC.

1-0 Sean Bergenheim (Tomi Kallio-Petri Kontiola)
1-1 Shane Doan (Rick Nash) 1-1 PP
2-1 Tuomo Ruutu (Lasse Kukkonen-Ville Peltonen)
3-1 Ruutu (Peltonen-Arto Laatikainen) 3-1
3-2 Jonathan Toews (Nash-Doan) 3-2
4-2 Peltonen (Ruutu-Kontiola) EN

Lines:

Cammalleri-E.Staal-Williams
Nash-Toews-Doan
M.Kariya-Roest-Corbet
Chimera-McClement-Mayers

Brewer-Commodore
Jackman-Murphy
Pollock-Trepanier

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Finland beat Canada today 4-2 (2-1,0-0,2-1). It was a last game for both teams before WC.

1-0 Sean Bergenheim (Tomi Kallio-Petri Kontiola)
1-1 Shane Doan (Rick Nash) 1-1 PP
2-1 Tuomo Ruutu (Lasse Kukkonen-Ville Peltonen)
3-1 Ruutu (Peltonen-Arto Laatikainen) 3-1
3-2 Jonathan Toews (Nash-Doan) 3-2
4-2 Peltonen (Ruutu-Kontiola) EN

Lines:

Cammalleri-E.Staal-Williams
Nash-Toews-Doan
M.Kariya-Roest-Corbet
Chimera-McClement-Mayers

Brewer-Commodore
Jackman-Murphy
Pollock-Trepanier

what an ugly roster.

willie

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
what an ugly roster.

Compared to the alternative of:

M. St. Louis - V. Lecavalier - J. Iginla
E. Staal - S. Crosby - M.Cammalleri
R. Smyth - B. Richards - S. Doan
B. Morrow - J. Staal - N. Horton
P. Kariya - R. Nash

D. Phaneuf - R. Regehr
S. Weber - P. Boucher
J. Bouwmeester - D. Boyle
S. Souray

M. Fleury - D. Roloson - C.Ward

It's amazing what a difference injuries and declined invitations make.

Kyri

Apr 5, 2002
Visit site
There will be lots of changes before the games start. J.Staal, Hamhuis and Weber were missing and there will be more players from NHL when tournament starts. That Chimera-McClement-Mayers line will be the checking line though.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
So I guess Canada's defense is set then?

Hamhuis - Weber
Jackman - Brewer
Schultz - Commodore
Murphy

Looks pretty solid.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
So I guess Canada's defense is set then?

Hamhuis - Weber
Jackman - Brewer
Schultz - Commodore
Murphy

Looks pretty solid.

I think Murphy will get more ice time on the pp, he didn't look at all out of place against Finland. I'd think he'd be a better solution than Jackman or Brewer.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
I will be surprised if any of LeCavalier, Richards, or St. Louis agree to go as well. I also doubt Boyle going too. I think Phaneuf will agree to go, and I will be very surprised if he does not.

You ****ing jinxed us.

I only know Rick Nash wont be invited. Other then that anything could happen. It depends who is available.

Yeah predicting Rick Nash to be on the next Olympic and World Cup is really reality when he is an offense-only player who has still yet to crack 60 points for a season in the NHL. ROTFL!

As for this World Championships team Nash is no lock. He is in the early pool of players who has been invited and accepted, that is all. If Smyth and Gagne agree to go they are the first and second line left wingers. Nash is not effective on a bottom pairing and there are many other candidates for the 3rd and 4th line left wingers, so he could easily end up being left off.

Why do you like to be so wrong all the time?

Scharnhorst

Apr 10, 2006
SO what are the lines gonna look like? Maybe something like this...

1st- Cammalleri-E.Staal-Williams
2nd- Nash-Toews-Lombardi
3rd- Armstrong-J.Staal-Doan
4th- Chimera-McClement-Mayers

I have no idea... the only reason why it is J.Staal below Toews is that Jordans defensive game makes him a better fit on the third line, plus pairing him with Armstrong can't be a bad thing... thoughts?

wildone26*

2nd- Armstrong-Toews-Doan
3rd- Nash-J.Staal-Lombardi

I think the forward lines will look like this.

Scharnhorst

Apr 10, 2006
2nd- Armstrong-Toews-Doan
3rd- Nash-J.Staal-Lombardi

I think the forward lines will look like this.

Sorry man, but there is no way Nash gets demoted because of Armstrong. I love the guy (in a platonic sense of course) but Armstrong doesn't have nearly the offensive ability of Nash. Plus, Army is far more defensively responsible then Nash, and is used to playing third line minutes. I know you don't like Nash, but Canada is not going to limit one of its best offensive players. Nash will get a top-six role.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Mason's a great addition. He was terrific for Nashville this year. He's better than a lot of No. 1's in the league. He can legitimately challenge for our No. 1 job, but he's level-headed enough that he's an ideal No. 2 or 3. One of the NHL's best-kept secrets.

I've always been a big Nick Schultz fan. He has always played well for Canada on the international stage, and I believe he won gold with us in 2004. He's young, but he's an international veteran, and I think he'll be a strong shut down d-man. I don't know anything about Cory Murphy's actual game (I don't care about which league he played in or his production, I want to know his style of play). But he plays overseas, which means he's used to the big ice, and I'd like to see Canada use 2 to 4 players currently in Europe each year at the Worlds.

Colby Armstrong is a fine addition to our third line. Put him on a line with Shane Doan, and they'll be a big force on the forecheck. The opposing defence will hear footsteps every time they're on the ice, which should lead to turnovers. Doan will likely start the tournament with Toews and Nash, but I'd love to see what Armstrong and Doan would do together on the third line. Great pick up. Lombardi would be a great centre on that line. I think this might be one of those quietly great pick-ups. Lombardi has world-class speed, and while his hands and scoring will likely never catch up with his feet, he still has some offensive upside.

Toews will likely start the tournament on a scoring line, but I think he'll finish as the 13th forward. Very poised and mature for his age. But remember he's still only 19, and even though he was, for my money, the best player at this year's WJC, he's a 19-year-old playing against a lot of guys 5 to 10 years older than him. Great learning experience for the kid, and it's nice to have a guy who played on the big ice this year, but don't expect too much from him.

Any word yet on who will get that last forward spot? Are we waiting for a big name to confirm, or a young guy who missed the playoffs, like a Patrice Bergeron? Or is it going to be a Canadian guy playing overseas, like a Rene Corbet? Like I said before, I love having a couple Canadian players in Europe on our team. Remember how good Dean Evanson was for us at the 1997 Worlds? He was in Europe that season. Or Jamie Heward at the 2003 Worlds? He was in Europe that season. It helps with the adjustment to the big ice. Or will we add another defencemen and go with eight D and 12 Fs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad