Your TDL Preference/General TDL Talk

What would you like the Blues to do at the TDL?

• Total voters

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
I can't believe these Parise to NYI rumors. After a great 2 years since Lou was hired, it looks like the Islanders disfunction caught up with them.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Can’t really say I’m upset the Blues passed on any deals made today. As long as Tarasenko is good to go before the playoffs, I’m fine.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Kinda disappointed we didn't make any trades with Buffalo. They're probably not talking to us anymore after the ROR trade. Botterill is so bad it would have been nice to make out like bandits again. Oh well.

Otherwise, I'm happy we didn't do anything

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Tampa Bay is a joke giving up a 1st for Barclay Goodrow. That alone just made me root for them to get swept again.
Ewwww. I my Twitter hasnt caught up. That's disappointing. I pay zero attention to Tampa but FFS, how many damn roster spots do they have? Seems like they are adding someone constantly

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Tampa Bay is a joke giving up a 1st for Barclay Goodrow. That alone just made me root for them to get swept again.

Goodie is a defensive monster on a cherry of a deal, but yeah a 1st is a real steep price for a bottom-6 role player. Same goes for Athanasiou, tbh, although Edmonton had a really big need for a player like him. I think he shines on McDavid’s wing, at least he’ll be able to keep up with him. Although... with the Oiler’s luck, this will be AA’s last year in the league before bolting for Europe lol.

There’s precedent tho, PIT gave us Kostin and Sunny for Reaver a few years ago. Teams do silly stuff in the name of depth.

Reactions: MissouriMook

SIU LAW

Apr 29, 2006
Wow. Nobody in the Central division did anything of significance today? If so, that seems like a win for the Blues.

The Avs nor Stars not getting Kreider is great.

“On paper” and if healthy is anyone in the West a legitimate seven game series threat to St. Louis?

Reactions: execwrite1

SIU LAW

Apr 29, 2006
Dallas, Vegas and the Avs would all be tough series.

I admit they would be tough, but we have had Dallas’ number this year.

Avs seemed to be hobbled with injuries, have depth issues, and did nothing of significance.

I don’t pay enough attention to Vegas, but I got the impression they have taken a step down.

Anything can (and will) happen in a series, but it seems like pound for pound the Blues are step ahead on paper.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
This seemed to be a really busy trade deadline than in the past few years. I think Armstrong made the right decision to stand by and let the season ride on the current roster, we have a great team, good depth, and Tarasenko coming back will be a great addition. Also the Scandella trade which was our deadline deal in a sense has so paid off in spades.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
TB may have over paid but they picked up 2 guys with 2 years remaining on their entry/bridge deals (i.e. cheap). These are guys that fit their roster construction/CAP, they now have a 2 year window to be all in and i dont blame them, who knows how long they can keep that team together. When it comes down to it, if you raise the Cup, what you paid doesnt matter.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO

Avs seemed to be hobbled with injuries, have depth issues, and did nothing of significance.

I don’t pay enough attention to Vegas, but I got the impression they have taken a step down.

Anything can (and will) happen in a series, but it seems like pound for pound the Blues are step ahead on paper.
Yeah, I think the Blues would likely be at least slight betting favorites in any series. I would probably like the Blues' chances in any series in the West this year, but those 3 teams concern me most. That's why I view winning the division as so important. Play whichever sad sack team squeaks in the last spot and let Colorado and Dallas beat up on one another.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012

Every #1 and #2 seed lost in the first round last year. The paper doesn't matter once the playoffs start.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Surprised Carolina traded for two d-men. They must be missing Faulk.
Pesce and Hamilton are both hurt so that’s why. Although if I was them I would have gone after Lehner instead of one of those guys.

Not that many players got moved that I would have had any interest in at all. Glad DA is keeping this group together for another run. They’ve earned it.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Surprised Carolina traded for two d-men. They must be missing Faulk.

2 of their top 3 D are out with serious injuries. They are down Hamilton and Pesce. Hamilton broke his Fibula last month and Pesce was hurt the other night in the same game their 2 goalies went down. He is supposed to miss significant time as well. Skjei and Vatanen will fill in for those two. Skjei has term, and he is a better fit for a long-term 2LD. Edmundson is currently filling that role as Gardiner has been pretty bad this year. Eddy will drop to a more appropriate bottom pairing when everyone is healthy.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Maybe I have been sleeping on Goodrow, but I couldn’t believe they got a 1st for him. Overall, happy with how it went. I am glad Palmieri didn’t get moved. It would be an easier fit to make a move over the summer, and I think he would be an excellent fit.

Reactions: Mud the ACAS

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Maybe I have been sleeping on Goodrow, but I couldn’t believe they got a 1st for him. Overall, happy with how it went. I am glad Palmieri didn’t get moved. It would be an easier fit to make a move over the summer, and I think he would be an excellent fit.

Why would we trade for him? It seems RW is the last thing we need right now. We’ve already got Tarasenko/Perron/Kyrou/Sundqvist/Kostin(who will likely play LW but still)

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Why would we trade for him? It seems RW is the last thing we need right now. We’ve already got Tarasenko/Perron/Kyrou/Sundqvist/Kostin(who will likely play LW but still)

You can put Perron and Kyrou on either side too, and Sundqvist can center. It’s not about handedness, or that kind of need, it’s more about fit in style. It’s that he can support the cycle game, and he can finish off of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad