Value of: Your Sniper Winger to NYI

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
not moving bluechippers for a rrental.
And zero interest in Milano

Blue chips are athletes, particularly high school players, targeted for drafting or signing by teams at the college level. Collegiate players being scouted by professional franchises may also be referred to as blue chips.

Blue chip players are those who have proven themselves to be among the best at their positions in their respective sports and are more sought after and wanted than other players.[1] They are typically perceived as "can't miss" prospects[2] who are desired by most organizations. Blue chip athletes are likely to have an immediate impact on teams that acquire them[2] and have proven skills rather than speculative or untapped potential.

Those guys are good prospects but hardly blue chip...

Isles have a lot of good prospects but none are elite.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Give us something useful just don't ask for anything of value back....

Aho, MVS, Koivula, Bellows, Iskhakov were all on the table as per the OP.

Maybe read a bit into a prospect pool before you think "The only names I recognize are off the table, therefor everyone else must suck". If that is too much research, maybe just don't comment?

Also: Snipers do not have to be Star players. Panarin and Stone are a pipedream for NYI. They can probably get Hoffman for a 1st and something else.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Ilya Sorokin and Noah Dobson are considered blue chip prospects.

By who?

Blue chip would be like an A/A+ prospect. Sorokin might be one, I buy the arguments for it but I get the hesitation (amazing numbers on a great team he's not even CSKA's best goalie this year as an 32 year old washout is putting up better numbers, etc).

Dobson though has been quite disappointing this year. I've seen a lot of lists drop him from that second tier of propsects to the third tier. I'd say Wilde has surpassed him already even. I've watched Dobson play this year and he's definitely not a blue chip at this point. Good yes, B+ more than likely (A+ = superstar, A=Blue chip, near guarantee to be a top line or top pair, B=Top 6, top 4 likely with top line potentisl, etc... B+ is high high top 4 potential with a good but not guaranteed chance of of being a 2/3).

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
By who?

Blue chip would be like an A/A+ prospect. Sorokin might be one, I buy the arguments for it but I get the hesitation (amazing numbers on a great team he's not even CSKA's best goalie this year as an 32 year old washout is putting up better numbers, etc).

Dobson though has been quite disappointing this year. I've seen a lot of lists drop him from that second tier of propsects to the third tier. I'd say Wilde has surpassed him already even. I've watched Dobson play this year and he's definitely not a blue chip at this point. Good yes, B+ more than likely (A+ = superstar, A=Blue chip, near guarantee to be a top line or top pair, B=Top 6, top 4 likely with top line potentisl, etc... B+ is high high top 4 potential with a good but not guaranteed chance of of being a 2/3).
Button's affiliate prospects list. Sorokin has been a top 9 prospect 2 years in a row. Dobson debuted top 20 this year. If that isn't a blue chip prospect. I would like to know what your definition of a blue chip prospect is?

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Isles aren't making any such move until Lou and Trotz see exactly what they have with Ladd.

Reactions: IODCPiper

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Not exactly a sniper but could see Marcus Johansson as a good set up man for Barzal. How about MoJo and Nashville’s 2nd for your 1st
Isles do not need a setup man for Barzal ,who is a pass first player.

They need a goal scorer,who can help boost their pp

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
By who?

Maybe people have different definitions of “blue chip” prospects?

Saying Wilde has surpassed Dobson shows you’re a pure stat watcher. Also saying Dobson has been disappointing this year is comical.

Dobson was the lone bright spot on one of the weakest teams in all of CHL in the titan. He was still playing great defensively but had no one around him. The year prior he anchored the team and lead them to a memorial cup championship in his draft year. Since being traded to the huskies his numbers are much improved and in fact the team hasn’t lost a game yet with Dobson. 16-0 I believe. He’s playing the same way defensively just on a better team.

As far as Wilde surpassing him that is just insane. I LOVE Wilde. I loved him before we even drafted him. He’s super talented offensively and is having a great season offensively. That being said, he isn’t the all around complete defenseman that Dobson is.

Thanks for your input but it helps to actually watch guys play instead of looking up stats.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Saying Wilde has surpassed Dobson shows you’re a pure stat watcher. Also saying Dobson has been disappointing this year is comical.

Dobson was the lone bright spot on one of the weakest teams in all of CHL in the titan. He was still playing great defensively but had no one around him. The year prior he anchored the team and lead them to a memorial cup championship in his draft year. Since being traded to the huskies his numbers are much improved and in fact the team hasn’t lost a game yet with Dobson. 16-0 I believe. He’s playing the same way defensively just on a better team.

As far as Wilde surpassing him that is just insane. I LOVE Wilde. I loved him before we even drafted him. He’s super talented offensively and is having a great season offensively. That being said, he isn’t the all around complete defenseman that Dobson is.

Thanks for your input but it helps to actually watch guys play instead of looking up stats.

Just going to add SI90. I am on my phone so I am not going to bother looking it up. Since Dobson moved to RN. He's plus 27 last I checked, and has 19 points in 15 games. Dobson was on a very weak BA team earlier. His team struggled would be more accurate depiction. I would say his stock is going up as we type. And it was already pretty high when he was drafted. He's a blue chipper to most. Button had him at #18 just behind Zadina prior to his after trade numbers. I would say it looks even better for him today.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018

I've watched them both play maybe 5-6 games, probably a few more of Wilde due to him playing OHL and I haven't made my rounds through watching the Q as much (there's far less game footage from the Q floating around the communities this year than the OHL too, it's definitely been a wierd year for that).

What I'm looking for in a D+1 player is for them to take a big step forward and for them to showcase a lot of skill. All round game and defensive skill are teachable, talent is not. Someone like Wilde can be taught to improve his 2 way game and so as long as he's showing and growing his skill, thatd put him a head of a player with strong defensive skills but less overall offensive talent in my books at least.

From what I've seen in Dobson, I'm not seeing that huge of a jump from last season. I see a player who's better in some areas for sure (he seems to use his size a bit better for sure) but hasn't garnedered my confidence when watching him. He's still a good NHL prospect but he hasn't moved up my lists since the start of the season. I had him ranked 15-20th among prospects but now have him approximately 23-25th. Wilde has bumped up to about 20th give or take. Wahlstrom for reference sake has fallen to about 35th, my biggest faller for the season just because he loses my confidence each time I watch him play (and I've researched plays of his over and over to try to understand his lack of pace and seemingly lack of commitment to plays, I get the sense he's overwhelmed at the level he's playing at which is a bad sign).

I couldn't tell you what their stats look like tbh. For all I know Dobson probably is significantly out producing Wilde (which based on the team he's on now, I wouldn't be surprised). I base this entirely on what I watch.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I actually can see zuccarello signing with the isles this offseason but trades between the isles and rangers just don’t happen

as NYR and Zucc fan, i'd have mixed feelings w Zucc on Isles.
I'd hate it. but get to watch him regularly

but i don't think he would choose a local NYR rival, unless he had no other options
he cares about relations with the fans,

as NYR fan, I am hoping to 'Chapman' both Zucc and Hayes

Phil120362

Dec 29, 2018
By who?

Thanks for teaching me the alphabet,would you have drafted Tom Brady? He was a6th rounder,smh

Phil120362

Dec 29, 2018
The Islanders won’t give up their future for half a season of Panarin or Stone..........or any of the UFA wingers.
I don't think Columbus is going to move Panarin because they are in the hunt too. I certainly don't think they will move him for futures. If they move him, they are looking to get a stud forward who replaces him. Who on the market is signed for term?
anybody signed for term isn t being moved,unless there specifically say to mgmt they want out

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
Isles do not need a setup man for Barzal ,who is a pass first player.

They need a goal scorer,who can help boost their pp
Ahhh gotcha. I’d offer up Hall but that would cost a haul (no pun intended) to a divisional “rival”. Plus id probably get crucified by other devils fans

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
Isles need to add firepower in a bad way - an LW to play with Barzal would make a huge difference IMO. Prospects that are non-starters for rentals are Noah Dobson, Oliver Wahlstrom, Bode Wilde, and Ilya Sorokin. All other prospects are available (Bellows, Iskhakov, Soderstrom, etc) as well as the 2019 1st Rounder (at this time, we don't have a 2019 2nd, 3rd, or 4th that we can deal). Who's available at the deadline?
Isles have Calgary's 2nd this year...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad