Your second favorite?

tikkanen5rings*

Switzerland is my second favourite team in U-20 and the men's. They are little bit like "the new Finland" in hockey. Finland hasn't always been a top nation (17-20 years ago), so looking forward to when that will happen with the Swiss.

Now at QF phase my second favourite are the Czechs.

I do find it funny how Swedes often root for Finland (if their team is out) but Finns rarely root for Swedes back. I guess it's still the big brother syndrome. If we had beaten you couple more times in some of the finals we've been in, it would be different lol. However in this thread many more Finns than i expected seem to like Sweden, hmm...

Perhaps they're not only bandwagoners?

Everlasting

Jun 5, 2010
Somwhere in time
Depends if Finland defeats Sweden or not. If the dont its

1. Finland
2. Russia
3. Everyone else who isnt Canada.

If Finland defeats Sweden...

1. Russia
2. Finland
3. Everyone else who isnt Canada.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Denmark, but for contending teams I would have to say Canada and Russia. Cheered for the Russians in last years final.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I've always liked Finland for some reason. Really like their jerseys and usually like players who come from that country.

RealHartTrophy01*

I only cheer for Russia (Canadian here). But if they get knocked out the Swiss are becoming on of my fav's

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
My two favourite players are Swedish, but the last two-three years of this tournament have really started to create dislike for Sweden (on and off ice stuff).

Canada and then Finland is who I cheer for.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Finland. My great-grandma was from Finland, and I have always had affection for that nation because of it.

I like the way the Russians play this year, I really do...but I could not pick them first or second in a two-team tournament. :)

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
When Slovakia inevitably loses out ( :( ), I generally cheer for either the Czechs, or suck it up and just cheer for Canada.

I cheer for Québec at the U-17s though.

AmazingNuck

Mar 27, 2010
Vancouver
I usually cheer for top prospects of the Canucks over team Canada. If there are none playing then Canada.. beyond that probably Sweden.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
SWE. Or DEN/NOR if they're around.

And if none of FIN/SWE is in a hockey final,
for the sake of great traditions and the amazing
hockey crowds: CAN.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad