Your second favorite?

Kuhta

Dec 8, 2006
Helsinki
I truly enjoy annoying Swedes by trashtalk and they are the funniest team to win. No contest on that. Still, I have to say that when Finland gets eliminated I cheer for Sweden. Sweden or Russia really, but I think that I give a slight edge to Sweden.

Harikkerk

Dec 27, 2011
Sweden
I truly enjoy annoying Swedes by trashtalk and they are the funniest team to win. No contest on that. Still, I have to say that when Finland gets eliminated I cheer for Sweden. Sweden or Russia really, but I think that I give a slight edge to Sweden.

I wouldn't be surprised if a Finn didn't cheer for Sweden. Same with Swedes cheering for Finland.
Always been this rivalry thing, sure i wanna ****ing win when we're facing each other. That's the most awesome games. :handclap:

But i'm not one of those idiots who's hating. It's a damn sport, not a war.

Edit: "I truly enjoy annoying Swedes by trashtalk and they are the funniest team to win. No contest on that."
Actually it's the same for Swedes, we think it's you guys who's trash talking a lot more :D

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
After Canada my loyalties always go to the underdogs. Since 2010, I have a soft spot for Latvia and I've been cheering for Denmark. My third choice would be any of the countries of my ancestors, but Great Britain, France, Ireland and the Ukraine rarely, if ever make a top level hockey tournament.

calahanzoer

Oct 24, 2009
Malmö
Its nice to see that finns can root for sweden :)
I have a soft spot for usa & finland (mostly selänne), and everyone who plays canada :P

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
I would like to see a team from outside the "big 4" of this tournament do well. it is nice to see the underdogs win.

Harikkerk

Dec 27, 2011
Sweden
After Canada my loyalties always go to the underdogs. Since 2010, I have a soft spot for Latvia and I've been cheering for Denmark. My third choice would be any of the countries of my ancestors, but Great Britain, France, Ireland and the Ukraine rarely, if ever make a top level hockey tournament.

I've heard about France and Ukraine in the hockey world...but never Ireland. Interesting....

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
As much as I dislike Finland I still like them, somehow.. I dont remember the exact word for that now but we are like brothers or whatever.

Camraderie
iamwithstupid.gif
love4.gif
icon_soth.gif

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
I've heard about France and Ukraine in the hockey world...but never Ireland. Interesting....

The Irish are not great, they usually toil in Division III. But have only ever iced a U20 team once and they played in a qualifier to advance to Division III and failed to win a game.

The Senior team would be even worse if they were not able to bring in players from Northern Ireland, which is the strongest place for hockey. In fact a few years ago Theo Fleury played for the Belfast Giants.

DobHoc

Oct 29, 2011
Swede here.

1. Sweden.
2. USA.

Why? Swedish Rangers fan. Also....hockey needs some other country to win it besides Canada to grow this wonderful sport.

My canadian relatives will probobly beat me for this post...sorry. But i want this sport to grow outside Canada.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
Canada Canada and Canada after they are out which is seldome I don't really care same with the NHL after my HABS are done I do not follow the rest.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
If Canada's out, then it's the Czechs. Don't know why, I just like 'em.

I was very happy for Finland when the won the WC last year though.

ToBBa

Mar 5, 2011
Finland
Finns wouldn't say face-to-face that they cheer for Swedes. It'd be too embarrassing. I also cheer for those 2. Every other team comes far behind but I'd also like if for example Slovakia rised up again.

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
The Irish are not great, they usually toil in Division III. But have only ever iced a U20 team once and they played in a qualifier to advance to Division III and failed to win a game.

The Senior team would be even worse if they were not able to bring in players from Northern Ireland, which is the strongest place for hockey. In fact a few years ago Theo Fleury played for the Belfast Giants.
The Irish men's team tied with North Korea and Mongolia for last in Division II last year.:laugh: The only game in which they scored was a 21-4 loss to Croatia. Scored three in third though, not bad.:sarcasm:

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
After Finland:

1) The underdog
2) Canada
3) Sweden
everyone else
Czechs - the diving
USA - the arrogance
Russia - the me me me

The Kremelin Wall*

Canada
Russia
Finland
Germany
Denmark
Switzerland
Czechoslovakia
Sweden
USA

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Are you sure you don't mean canada? The us isn't arrogant in hockey. I figure this is a result of finland and usa facing off in iihf tournys a bit too regulary.

Nah. With Canada is just that they think they own the game and are superior at it, which in a way is half way correct.

With the US I think it's more like too many individual a-holes over the course of decades of international hockey.

And I'm only referring to players and coaches and people inside hockey. Fans I can live with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad