Your second favorite?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Canadian.

Second team is Finland, or a team that I really like a player.

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011
my team doesn't get eliminated

but i usually cheer for the underdog depending on the match when canada isn't playing.

:rolleyes:

I guess my favorite is Russia, but it's pretty close between all the countries involved for me

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
depends on the players. Obviously Canada is my #1. My second team this year would have been USA. I sometimes cheer for Russia, Sweden or Switzerland.

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
I wasn't. I guess it was a big thing for swedes, but I don't think that Finland and Sweden have real rivalry in soccer because Sweden is so much better in it. It's almost like Sweden and Denmark in ice hockey. It's difficult to be angry if beaten by a clearly better team.

Well it depends which sports you like more. I'm evenly fond in football and hockey and that June evening I felt like **** to be honest.

And we're nearly not as bad in football as Denmark is in hockey. Come on.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
Switzerland. I don't know why, but I'm pulled towards their team. They'll medal by 2022 at the Olympics, just watch.

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011
Canada, because it's the home of hockey. I like their culture and dedication for the hockey. If some Finn says, that Finland is a hockey country, look at Canada.

Canada ! :handclap:

Fabs

Dec 19, 2005
After Canada I cheer for whatever underdog team has impressed me. This year it's the Czech. Most years I like Finland. Never cheer Russia or Sweden.

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
I cheer for Canada first.

If Canada's not in the final, I cheer for whoever is playing Sweden. If it's Finland in the final, I generally cheer for the Finns.

So let's say

Canada
Finland
Anyone playing the Swedes.

XO

Nov 4, 2009
nevermind what I said. Finland can suck it.

Last edited:

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
If i am really honest and why wouldnt I be, I do not root for any other country but Finland and im always happy when they succeed. For some reason I dont root for Sweden even as they are the neighbours.

Seems like most of the hockey fans root for Finland as a second favorite team which is nice. Finland has a great reputation.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I tend to cheer for individual guys to succeed (and in turn start cheering for those teams).

So if Canada were to falter this year I would likely cheer for Sweden (Zibanejad and Brodin) or the Czechs (Mrazek/Culek/Straka).

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Depends on where the tournament is. This year in Canada, if Canada doesn't win, I'll cheer for the Finns, and thats same for most years. Next in Russia, I'll cheer for Russia if Canada doesn't win, the year after, Sweden.

Its just cool for the home team to win, its a cool feeling for the team and the fans.

walle

Sep 9, 2008
Northpole
Probably Sweden to win over Canada and Russia.
They're doing good work over there and as much as it hurts to say it I say they deserve any success they get. Just dont beat Finland!
Obviously smaller countries especially Slovakia are my favourites aswell but just cant them having real success in these competitions. Just be happy for them of having good games.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Sweden, Norway, Denmark... Northern power :yo: If other team is playing i root for Canada, i know its kinda booring because they usually win but I root for them because their hockey culture. Slovakia should get mentioned here also is likeable team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad