Speculation: Your Rosters For 2014-15 Here

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I wouldn't mind seeing Palat-Drouin-Stamkos right from the get-go, with maybe Stamkos and Drouin splitting faceoff duties. Sure, it'd be a lot of pressure for Drouin, but at the same time, all the other team's focus will be on those other two guys, so it could make it a little easier for him. I agree though that he's most likely to start on the 3rd line.

I'd like that too, because I fully believe he can rise to the challange and especially like you said with guys like Stamkos and Palat (who will be on every coaches pre-game radar starting next year), he'll be given more open space.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
He may be a top-6 center but he isn't better than Stamkos or Filppula, unless one of them get injured he isn't going to be there. Regardless we don't need to cram him into the top-6 just because he's a "top-6 player", we'd be more dangerous rolling 3 lines that can score.

Drouin will most likely start on the 3rd line, but I could see him move up and stay on the first line just because of Palat's ability to gel a line together.

I'm not cramming him into the top 6, he finished the year there and wasn't out of place. He's the 1C for team USA at the WC, it's the only line playing well so he's showing he can handle the minutes. Filppula is better then him now but I can see Johnson passing him over this season or next. I also think it makes tbe top 6 stronger having Stamkos on the wing.

Drouin is gonna be starting out at center, we sent him back to the Q to work on that. So with him needing to be at 3C Johnson has to play somewhere. I can see Drouin working his way into the top 6 midway through the season but until then keep Johnson up there. Also having Johnson at C and Stamkos on the wing we're much better in the FO circle. Not sure where this leaves Paquette as he was 3C in the playoffs and Thompson is set at the 4, does he go back to Syracuse?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad