Speculation: Your Rosters For 2014-15 Here

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
That said, if Ryan Callahan leaves, I do think we should be in the market for a physical top-six player. I liked our team a lot more with him than without him, and the only guy we have on the way who resembles his style is Adam Erne, but IMO Erne is at least two years away.

Pretty sure Yzerman will deal Pyatt to a team where he'll be a regular. With Malone, you just can't have a 4.5 million healthy scratch. We're all hoping Purcell moves on.

If Callahan leaves, we absolutly should be in the market for a physical winger and with the cap space we have then, I don't see a problem to make it happen.
Considering the FA market my boy would be Kulemin. He is not on Callahans level, but he is a young guy and should be good enough to play 2nd or 3rd line right wing. I would also expect that his offensive stats would get much better due to our better offense.
Other than him, I only see Ott and maybe Legwand as possible physical forwards, so we might need to go shopping if we can't resign Callahan.

We can't trade Pyatt, he is a UFA and nobody pays anything for 4th line/ 13th player UFAs

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If Callahan leaves, we absolutly should be in the market for a physical winger and with the cap space we have then, I don't see a problem to make it happen.
Considering the FA market my boy would be Kulemin. He is not on Callahans level, but he is a young guy and should be good enough to play 2nd or 3rd line right wing. I would also expect that his offensive stats would get much better due to our better offense.
Other than him, I only see Ott and maybe Legwand as possible physical forwards, so we might need to go shopping if we can't resign Callahan.

We can't trade Pyatt, he is a UFA and nobody pays anything for 4th line/ 13th player UFAs

Didn't realize Pyatt was a UFA. All signs point to letting him walk.

Stamper

Mar 26, 2014
In the woods
Drouin - Stamkos - Filppula
Palat - Johnson - Callahan
Kucherov - Legwand - Killorn
Paquette - Thompson - Pyatt
Connolly

Hedman - Edler
Gudas - Boyle
Brewer - Carle
Sustr

Bishop
Gudlevskis

Pls god no Edler... Guy is, and has been for some time now, a trainwreck. And I hope no one will ever again put Filppula as winger, guy's a natural center

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Hey guys, Nashville fan weighing in. I see Weber/Josi in some of these rosters, and while I think we make great trade partners, you aren't close on the deals you're offering. Josi is already a #2D who is signed to a sweetheart deal for a long time, because he loves Nashville so much he's trying to bring his Swiss friends over (Simon Moser). He's Suter's replacement, except he wants to stay. Weber is, well, Weber.

If we trade Josi, I fully believe we ask for Drouin back. We might add a tiny bit, but no combination of Purcell, Connolly, and picks is going to get you Suter 2.0.

Weber...we need a lot. Think what you would ask for Stamkos. Drouin+Kucherov/Palat+Carle+1st or something.

Between Drouin, Palat, Johnson, Kucherov, and Connolly, you have the pieces, but they won't get for those quantity for quality offers I've seen here.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Hey guys, Nashville fan weighing in. I see Weber/Josi in some of these rosters, and while I think we make great trade partners, you aren't close on the deals you're offering. Josi is already a #2D who is signed to a sweetheart deal for a long time, because he loves Nashville so much he's trying to bring his Swiss friends over (Simon Moser). He's Suter's replacement, except he wants to stay. Weber is, well, Weber.

If we trade Josi, I fully believe we ask for Drouin back. We might add a tiny bit, but no combination of Purcell, Connolly, and picks is going to get you Suter 2.0.

Weber...we need a lot. Think what you would ask for Stamkos. Drouin+Kucherov/Palat+Carle+1st or something.

Between Drouin, Palat, Johnson, Kucherov, and Connolly, you have the pieces, but they won't get for those quantity for quality offers I've seen here.

What, you're not gonna give us your stud defender for our unwanted pieces? But he'd be perfect for our team and we need him.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I don't think anyone was even considering Weber. Josi would work, but there's no way we'd give up Drouin for a guy who's not even going to be a #1. If that's really the price, we'd gladly pass and look elsewhere.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Just gonna warn you guys.

This week’s most depressing CapGeek page can be found here.

You’re looking at the “Published Rosters” section of the site’s Armchair GM feature. That’s the tool that lets users play around with their favorite team’s roster — adding players, buying guys out, promoting and demoting, signing free agents, and just generally doing whatever they want as long as they can fit it all under the cap. When they’re done, they can choose to make their finished roster available for public viewing.

And the results are heartbreaking. First of all, as you’d expect, the list is made up almost entirely of non-playoff teams, because those are the fans with time on their hands right now. And as you click through, it becomes increasingly apparent that everyone who uses this tool is drunk on hope. It’s just nothing but beautiful dreamers, sharing their unbridled optimism for the future with the world. And it’s awful, because you just know reality is going to come along and brutally crush them.

Check out this Toronto roster, in which the Leafs have acquired Shea Weber and Matt Duchene while using a compliance buyout (which they don’t have) on David Clarkson (who is not eligible). This Canucks fan traded Alex “coming off a five-goal season” Burrows for P.K. Subban. This Devils fan managed to sign just about every free agent, which apparently convinced Martin Brodeur to stick around for just over minimum wage. This Senators fan thinks his team will spend money.

These poor, delusional heroes. I want to hug all of them.

Careful with your rosters. Many of them can be prone to inconceivability and, as something I read on a blog many baseball off-seasons ago, "your trade proposal sucks". I could link that if anyone wants further enlightening.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Just gonna warn you guys.

Careful with your rosters. Many of them can be prone to inconceivability and, as something I read on a blog many baseball off-seasons ago, "your trade proposal sucks". I could link that if anyone wants further enlightening.

I thought this was all in fun and honestly if some team or person or whatever doesnt like it they can stay off our board? Just saying lol I find some of these amusing good news is everyone is working on stuff and staying under cap etc.. so is pretty nice to see what everyones mind is on how to move forward etc..

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
In any case, my somewhat conservative roster is here:

CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER
CapGeek Armchair GM Roster
FORWARDS
Ondrej Palat ($2.000m) / Steven Stamkos ($7.500m) / Alexander Killorn ($1.400m)
Jonathan Drouin ($0.925m) / Valtteri Filppula ($5.000m) / Brett Connolly ($0.851m)
Richard Panik ($1.000m) / Tyler Johnson ($1.800m) / Nikita Kucherov ($0.712m)
J.T. Brown ($1.000m) / Nate Thompson ($1.600m) / Teddy Purcell ($4.500m)
Tom Pyatt ($0.600m) / B.J. Crombeen ($1.150m)
DEFENSEMEN
Victor Hedman ($4.000m) / Matt Niskanen ($6.300m)
Matt Carle ($5.500m) / Andrej Sustr ($0.874m)
Eric Brewer ($3.875m) / Radko Gudas ($0.992m)
Mark Barberio ($0.666m) / Keith Aulie ($1.024m)
GOALTENDERS
Ben Bishop ($2.300m)
Al Montoya ($1.000m)
BUYOUTS
Vincent Lecavalier ($0.000m)
Ryan Malone ($0.000m)
Vinny Prospal ($1.167m)
LTIR
Mattias Ohlund ($3.607m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $71,100,000; CAP PAYROLL: $57,733,875; BONUSES: $2,482,500
CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $13,366,125

Most of those $ for RFA's and UFA's is what I would think are reasonable estimates; they may end up lower, they may end up higher. I'm not going to do it with the expectation of extensions being signed. I know I'm not the highest on Niskanen but we're talking about looking for a RHD to pair with Hedman. Someone I was looking at is Nikitin but that's a left shot.

I don't want Gudlevskis having his development stunted as a now-and-then backup goalie. Keep him in the A, sign a decent backup; Montoya fits that bill right now, although after the season he had do you wonder if a desperate team (Buffalo?) goes after him as a starter for next season.

No Callahan? I'm still of the belief someone will offer him more than the Lightning ultimately will.

I'm not just going to expect someone to take Purcell off TB's hands. If someone does, wonderful.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
Forwards:
Killorn Stamkos Drouin
Palat Johnson Callahan
Kucherov Filppula Connolly
Brown Thompson Crombeen

Extras:
Malone Panik longshot is Ernie, i like this kids play

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Drouin Stamkos Callahan
Palat Flipulla Kilhorn
Purcell/Kucherov Legwand (Hoping Detroit doesn't resign him ) TJ
Ott Thompson Panik
Extras Brown
Paqs
Crombeen hopefully we dump his fake toughness for anything
First Call up
Kucherov
Connoly
Vlady N.

Hedman/ Any number 2 we can acquire
Another top 4 D Carle
Brewer Gudas
Extras
Aulie
Babeiro
Kotska
Call ups
Sustr

Goalies
Bishop
K G
Vash in the AHL

AimForTopCheddar

trust the yzerplan
Feb 7, 2012
Calgary
Palat - Johnson - Stamkos 'C'
Kucherov - Filppula - Callahan 'A'
Panik - Drouin - Connolly
Paquette - Thompson 'A' - Brown
Crombeen

Hedman - Fayne
Carle - Psysk
Brewer - Gudas
Kostka​

1) Move Purcell, Aulie for picks
2) Sign Fayne
3) Move Killorn for Psysk
4) Buyout Malone
5) Send down Sustr and Barberio to the A for some seasoning.
6) Resign Callahan, Palat, TJ, Kostka
Drouin becomes a regular but sheltered in a 3rd line role. Paquette replaces Malone's spot.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Palat - Johnson - Stamkos 'C'
Kucherov - Filppula - Callahan 'A'
Panik - Drouin - Connolly
Paquette - Thompson 'A' - Brown
Crombeen

Hedman - Fayne
Carle - Psysk
Brewer - Gudas
Kostka​

1) Move Purcell, Aulie for picks
2) Sign Fayne
3) Move Killorn for Psysk
4) Buyout Malone
5) Send down Sustr and Barberio to the A for some seasoning.
6) Resign Callahan, Palat, TJ, Kostka
Drouin becomes a regular but sheltered in a 3rd line role. Paquette replaces Malone's spot.

Kucherov dont see ready for top six yet. By end of year but he will take some time. Pysyk cannot be gotten for killorn. Barberio would not clear waivers. Just my humble opinion on those things.

Maybe run a trade in main ask what picks need adding pysyk and killorn. I think they want a lot more NOW myself.

Huscroft

Apr 28, 2014
Tampa Bay Offseason

First of all Yzerman should use his buyout on Ohlund, his cap is around 3million. Although some are saying use it on Malone; he should let his cap hit go down and save him for physical games.

Trading Brett Connolly to New Jersey for Adam Larsson makes sense. Both teams are in need of the players skill sets , offence/defence. Hedman and Larsson would make a good first pairing.
Trading or shopping Lindback makes sense because of Latvian goalie Gudlevskis, and prospect Vasilevski. If not he should be given one more chance at working on his positioning , rebound, and other problems. If it doesn't workout trading to a team that has a better defence like where he thrived in Nashville makes sense , somewhere where he won't have to face a lot of scoring chances. Maybe St..louis makes sense . Ryan Reaves would fit well with Thompson. Or even Mark Pysyk.

Salo may not play again next year because of age. And Brewer has shown signs of promise , but more often then not has found his way on the highlight real. Possibly trading Brewer to allow for cap space and younger defence man, Barberio, keokkeok, and Aulie. Aulie played with Phaneuf and should be given the chance to grow.

Prospects Drouin , Erne could make the jump to the NHL. Depending on whom Tampa gets at the draft, if they can get another offensive forward like Draistl, he has size at 6'2. Namestikov could use more time in the top line of Syracuse. Get some size and benefit from being a Veteran on the team.

2014-2015 line up possibilities

Drouin-Stamkos-Purcell
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov
Killorn-Fillpula-Callahan
Reaves-Thompson-Brown

Hedman-Larsson
Carle-Gudas
Aulie-Pysyk

Bishop
Gudlevskis

Other lineup Possibilities: Panik, Crombeen, Erne, Namestikov, Malone. Barberio, Kostka, Koekkoek. Lindback , Vasilevski.

Whatever is in the realm of possibility. Yzerman may want to try and get Dan Boyle to come back. Or even trading for players on the block like , Edler, Bieksa, Kesler to improve defence.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
First of all Yzerman should use his buyout on Ohlund, his cap is around 3million. Although some are saying use it on Malone; he should let his cap hit go down and save him for physical games.

Trading Brett Connolly to New Jersey for Adam Larsson makes sense. Both teams are in need of the players skill sets , offence/defence. Hedman and Larsson would make a good first pairing.
Trading or shopping Lindback makes sense because of Latvian goalie Gudlevskis, and prospect Vasilevski. If not he should be given one more chance at working on his positioning , rebound, and other problems. If it doesn't workout trading to a team that has a better defence like where he thrived in Nashville makes sense , somewhere where he won't have to face a lot of scoring chances. Maybe St..louis makes sense . Ryan Reaves would fit well with Thompson. Or even Mark Pysyk.

Salo may not play again next year because of age. And Brewer has shown signs of promise , but more often then not has found his way on the highlight real. Possibly trading Brewer to allow for cap space and younger defence man, Barberio, keokkeok, and Aulie. Aulie played with Phaneuf and should be given the chance to grow.

Prospects Drouin , Erne could make the jump to the NHL. Depending on whom Tampa gets at the draft, if they can get another offensive forward like Draistl, he has size at 6'2. Namestikov could use more time in the top line of Syracuse. Get some size and benefit from being a Veteran on the team.

Whatever is in the realm of possibility. Yzerman may want to try and get Dan Boyle to come back. Or even trading for players on the block like , Edler, Bieksa, Kesler to improve defence.

Ohlund's cap hit does not count against us, as he is on LTIR. And he'll stay there until his contract runs out, and then officially retire. He's done with hockey unfortunately. Malone, there have been rumblings that it might be possible to put him on that too, with his cocaine deal. For how long, and the specifics of it, I'm not sure. But if we can, I would buyout Purcell if we can't get anything for him, which I doubt.

As for Lindback, who do you think is going to want, quite literally, the worst goaltender in the league? My guess is a solid, "no one." If we don't end up trading him (99.9% likely), he has been given numerous chances to work on all of his things. He can do that in Europe, or elsewhere. Ryan Reaves is certainly not coming back in a Lindback trade. Besides, we have a lot of players like him in the AHL anyway. Players like him are a dime a dozen. Reaves is good, but definitely replaceable within our organization (Paquette). But neither is Mark Pysyk (coming back in a Lindback trade). Pysyk is too good to trade for scraps. If we were to trade Lindback, we'd get next to nothing for him. Future considerations if we're lucky. And we won't qualify him, that's pretty much a guarantee. So I'm thinking he's done in the NHL. For now.

Your assessment on Brewer is just plain wrong. He has not found himself on the opposite end of the highlight reel this season. Of seasons past, yeah, for sure. This year, slotted on the third pairing, Brewer has been solid. I was his biggest critic last year too.

Erne I can pretty much guarantee won't make the Lightning next year, he needs 3 years at least. Drouin is pretty much a certainty to make the team, as he can't go to the AHL, and another year in Junior is pointless for him. I'd also rather draft defensemen than forwards. We have plenty of forwards, and pretty much no good defensemen. But, if Murray drafts a forward in the first round, I won't lose sleep.

We have plenty of cap space. Plenty. Even with the raises the kids are getting, and if we sign Callahan, we can definitely afford some upgrades. I wouldn't mind if Boyle came back on the cheap, and Bieksa is someone who definitely interests me. Apparently Blues fans are receptive to trading Shattenkirk, which I would love as well, but would likely have to give up TJ. It'd be a tough trade, but one I'd definitely make. Kesler I wouldn't mind adding either, but apparently he's into the party scene like Malone was. Not sure on the specifics of that either, just rumors.

My wish for the Lightning this offseason is we hopefully grab a good defenseman, parting ways with some plentiful forward assets. Whoever that may be, is up to SFY. Then, I think we have some cap space for a top 6er if we really wanted to. Not a terrible need, but it's a nice luxury. And perhaps get a backup worth a **** as well.

Also, welcome to HF.

Last edited:

Huscroft

Apr 28, 2014
TB

Regardless of what we could or couldn't get , those things need to be addressed. Moving Linback, Ryan Malones future. Ohlund probably won't play again, and yes I realized that about LTIR after I posted. And improving defence. The Connolly Trade for Larsson, and Pysyk make sense. I'm sorry but I can't rely on Brewer. Shattenkirk would be awesome he's a 2nd line D at best, but I don't see them moving him. I really like Ryan Reaves we need a Physical(Reaves), defesive(Thompson), fast(Brown) 4th line. I could see Boyle coming back, I would like to see Edler or Bieksa . Maybe Kesler if it didn't cost too much . But I would rather see the younger guy step up rather than adding an injury prone player like Kesler. And anything can happen with player development in terms of who comes up like Erne , Koekkeok ; same with trades you never know what can be done with teams relatonships and draft picks and prospects in with deals . Obviously you would need more than straight up trades for those players

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Connolly won't get us Larsson. Lindback we're probably just going to let walk instead of qualifying (I can't imagine qualifying/re-signing him). Brewer is a good third pairing guy. Edler I want no part of (Bieksa is fine, but I believe he has a NTC)...

Erne won't make the jump this year - he'll need time. Most likely the same with Koekkoek. Aulie is likely gone after this year as well - too slow and couldn't make it into the line up at all this season.

I think we're probably going to target Fayne in FA (maybe Stralman). There may be some trades to be made, but I'm not expecting a blockbuster. It'll likely be a depth trade.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Regardless of what we could or couldn't get , those things need to be addressed. Moving Linback, Ryan Malones future. Ohlund probably won't play again, and yes I realized that about LTIR after I posted. And improving defence. The Connolly Trade for Larsson, and Pysyk make sense. I'm sorry but I can't rely on Brewer. Shattenkirk would be awesome he's a 2nd line D at best, but I don't see them moving him. I really like Ryan Reaves we need a Physical(Reaves), defesive(Thompson), fast(Brown) 4th line. I could see Boyle coming back, I would like to see Edler or Bieksa . Maybe Kesler if it didn't cost too much . But I would rather see the younger guy step up rather than adding an injury prone player like Kesler. And anything can happen with player development in terms of who comes up like Erne , Koekkeok ; same with trades you never know what can be done with teams relatonships and draft picks and prospects in with deals . Obviously you would need more than straight up trades for those players

welcome happy you joined!!! first one to say that!!

Anyway as stated pysyk and larsson will cost a lot more than you said if available which am unsure of either. St Louis I could see moving shatty cause they have depth at d and have a very strong first pairing and need that second line to click so johnson for shatty makes a lot of sense for both teams. I will hate it cause love johnson but is a good deal.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate

Can't buy out injured players. It's in the CBA. Don't know for sure if Malone's situation counts as an Injury, but I think it does.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
The only significant trade I see is a partner for Hedman, but that is easier said than done and could take one or more of Killorn, Connoly, Kucherov, 1st

With Malone/Ohlund on LTIR, Lee/Pyatt/Salo gone, Purcell/Lindback traded there is plenty of Cap space.

18 - 91 - 17
24 - 51 - 86
Connolly - 9 - Drouin
23 -44 - 54
71 - 19 (if one of the above traded for D)

77 - X
25 - 62
2 - 7
8 - 21

37/X

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad