Speculation: Your Rosters For 2014-15 Here

AimForTopCheddar

trust the yzerplan
Feb 7, 2012
Calgary
Kucherov dont see ready for top six yet. By end of year but he will take some time. Pysyk cannot be gotten for killorn. Barberio would not clear waivers. Just my humble opinion on those things.

Maybe run a trade in main ask what picks need adding pysyk and killorn. I think they want a lot more NOW myself.

Fair enough, and no harm in being honest.

I'm surprised you don't agree on Kucherov, you're usually the one telling others he is ready :laugh:. Honestly, I feel he's ready to take the next step in the upcoming season. He's already playing a mature and sustainable game and he hasn't overachieved so I don't really see a sophomore slump down the road. He's been playing with Paquette, Brown, Thompson so I feel that is part of the reason he wasn't putting up as many points. When he got to play with Killorn who adds a lot more offense than those players I just mentioned, he had a good streak and just wasn't able to finish but the chances were there. It is much more reasonable to have Kucherov in the top 6 than Drouin.

If we can't get Psysk, then we can just move Killorn for Stone I guess. I'm not completely sold on Stone though because some PHX posters have mentioned he has put it together yet. Honestly I feel Gudas is 1-2 seasons away from becoming that #2 for Hedman, we're not even looking for offense..just a shutdown defensive right handed player and Gudas is exactly that.

Can't Barberio be sent to the minors during pre-season?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Fair enough, and no harm in being honest.

I'm surprised you don't agree on Kucherov, you're usually the one telling others he is ready :laugh:. Honestly, I feel he's ready to take the next step in the upcoming season. He's already playing a mature and sustainable game and he hasn't overachieved so I don't really see a sophomore slump down the road. He's been playing with Paquette, Brown, Thompson so I feel that is part of the reason he wasn't putting up as many points. When he got to play with Killorn who adds a lot more offense than those players I just mentioned, he had a good streak and just wasn't able to finish but the chances were there. It is much more reasonable to have Kucherov in the top 6 than Drouin.

If we can't get Psysk, then we can just move Killorn for Stone I guess. I'm not completely sold on Stone though because some PHX posters have mentioned he has put it together yet. Honestly I feel Gudas is 1-2 seasons away from becoming that #2 for Hedman, we're not even looking for offense..just a shutdown defensive right handed player and Gudas is exactly that.

Can't Barberio be sent to the minors during pre-season?

Kucherov will come in heavier and probably get a quick start but could still use time working on d etc.. figuring out game speed and game full ness for a full year. He played half a year in q and basically a full ahl/nhl year. He needs time to adjust still and hit his weight.

I see him moving up ranks later in year when gets adjusted fully but dont expect him to dominate till 2015-2016. He will be a force that year.

Kucherov is more about defense than offense at this time the offense will come in time. He also needs the time to get weight that will stay on etc.. I actually think vladdy is more ready in those regards. I can see him struggling will hit though at a 0.5 rate at some point next year. The year after he should make a jump. It takes time. A lot of that is letting body develop other is just being more aware to not rush things etc.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I feel like Kucherov's off-season is going to be instrumental in his success or lack there of this year. We'd all like to see him come in a little heavier. But one thing to remember is some of his struggles had to do with Cooper's reluctance to use him on scoring lines. I assume that will change a bit now that he's a sophomore.

Camp is going to be interesting. Still a chance he doesn't make the team. I think he will, but he has to earn it.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Jagr resigned in NJ today, for those of you with pipe dreams. :-p

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
"My name is Jaromir Jagr and my favorite player growing up was Jaromir Jagr." - Jaromir Jagr

Probably my all-time favorite hockey quote.

nhljohnson

Jul 4, 2006
Several of you talking about Kucherov's bulking up or adding weight. Yes, he can stand to add and tone muscle but I would expect this very gradually over a span of several years rather than in a single off-season. He's got a very slender build a la Patrick Kane and it's his shiftiness, his darting to and from open space and quick release that's going to keep him in this league long-term, not his physical prowess or ability to battle along the wall.

In regards to production, the biggest boost Kucherov could receive next season, as mentioned previously, would be more optimal usage (i.e. placement on a legitimate scoring line). If that's not going to happen with TB next season, there's no shame in getting big minutes and additional seasoning in SYR. However, if rounding out his skill-set is a priority or the brass wants him in the NHL no matter what, it's not the end of the world if he continues to bide his time outside TB's top-6, as he did most of last season with the big club.

Last edited:

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Kucherov's abilities on the wall are fine. He wins with guile and stick work more often than other larger/stronger forwards we have.

Agree that there's no harm in having him carry the Crunch with Namesy getting big minutes.

jhoops89

R.I.P. Thrashers
Mar 14, 2012
Buyouts:
Ordinary buyout on Ryan Malone
Compliance buyout on Mattias Ohlund

Released to FA:
Tom Pyatt (UFA)
Sami Salo (UFA)
Brian Lee (UFA)
Keith Aulie (RFA)
Mike Kostka (UFA)
Anders Lindback (RFA)
Pierre-Cedric Labrie (UFA)
Phillippe Paradis (RFA)
Mike Angelidis (UFA)
Geoff Walker (RFA)
Charles Landry (RFA)
Dmitry Korobov (RFA)
Cedrick Desjardins (UFA)

Resigned:
Ryan Callahan
Cody Kunyk
Ondrej Palat
Tyler Johnson
Alex Killorn
Andrej Sustr

Tendered Offers (RFA):
J.T. Brown (traded)
Richard Panik (traded)
Mark Barberio (traded)

Trades:
Arizona Coyotes:
Richard Panik
for-----
Michael Stone

St. Louis Blues:
Teddy Purcell
J.T. Brown
Matt Carle
Mark Barberio
for-----
Kevin Shattenkirk

Florida Panthers:
Eric Brewer
for-----
Mackenzie Weegar

Free Agent Signings:
Matt Niskanen
Devan Dubnuk (for AHL team)

Lines:
LW C RW
Palat Stamkos Kucherov
Drouin Filppula Callahan
Johnson Killorn Connolly
Thompson Paquette Crombeen
Kunyk

LD RD
Hedman Shattenkirk
Niskanen Stone
Sustr Gudas
Koekkoek

G
Bishop
Gudlevskis

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Buyouts:

Released to FA:
Tom Pyatt (UFA)
Sami Salo (UFA)
Brian Lee (UFA)
Keith Aulie (RFA)
Mike Kostka (UFA)
Anders Lindback (RFA)
Phillippe Paradis (RFA)
Mike Angelidis (UFA)
Geoff Walker (RFA)
Charles Landry (RFA)
Dmitry Korobov (RFA)
Cedrick Desjardins (UFA)

Resigned:
Ryan Callahan
Cody Kunyk
Ondrej Palat
Tyler Johnson
Alex Killorn
Andrej Sustr

Tendered Offers (RFA):
J.T. Brown (traded)
Richard Panik (traded)
Mark Barberio (traded)

Trades:
Arizona Coyotes:
Richard Panik
for-----
Michael Stone

St. Louis Blues:
Teddy Purcell
J.T. Brown
Matt Carle
Mark Barberio
for-----
Kevin Shattenkirk

Florida Panthers:
Eric Brewer
for-----
Mackenzie Weegar

Free Agent Signings:
Matt Niskanen

Lines:
LW C RW
Palat Stamkos Kucherov
Drouin Filppula Callahan
Johnson Killorn Connolly
Kunyk

LD RD
Hedman Shattenkirk
Niskanen Stone
Sustr Gudas
Koekkoek

G
Bishop
Gudlevskis

Why would we buyout Ohlund? We can't even buy him out due to him being injured anyway. Malone can't be bought out while in the league's drug program. Why don't we throw in a couple of 1st round picks in that Shattenkirk deal while we're at it? Why would we want Niskanen if we get Shattenkirk? So we let go of Lindback for one of the few goalies who were worse then him this year? Not a lot made sense about what you suggested.

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
Buyouts:

Released to FA:
Tom Pyatt (UFA)
Sami Salo (UFA)
Brian Lee (UFA)
Keith Aulie (RFA)
Mike Kostka (UFA)
Anders Lindback (RFA)
Phillippe Paradis (RFA)
Mike Angelidis (UFA)
Geoff Walker (RFA)
Charles Landry (RFA)
Dmitry Korobov (RFA)
Cedrick Desjardins (UFA)

Resigned:
Ryan Callahan
Cody Kunyk
Ondrej Palat
Tyler Johnson
Alex Killorn
Andrej Sustr

Tendered Offers (RFA):
J.T. Brown (traded)
Richard Panik (traded)
Mark Barberio (traded)

Trades:
Arizona Coyotes:
Richard Panik
for-----
Michael Stone

St. Louis Blues:
Teddy Purcell
J.T. Brown
Matt Carle
Mark Barberio
for-----
Kevin Shattenkirk

Florida Panthers:
Eric Brewer
for-----
Mackenzie Weegar

Free Agent Signings:
Matt Niskanen

Lines:
LW C RW
Palat Stamkos Kucherov
Drouin Filppula Callahan
Johnson Killorn Connolly
Kunyk

LD RD
Hedman Shattenkirk
Niskanen Stone
Sustr Gudas
Koekkoek

G
Bishop
Gudlevskis

Like that defense but unfortuantely I don't think St. Louis will trade us shattenkirk for that.

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
Ill do mine
Filpulla/Johnson/Stamkos ( don't know how well this would work)
Palat/Drouin/Callahan
Brown/Namestnikov/Kucherov
Komarov/Paquette/Thompson (Like this a lot)

Hedman/Myers
Carle/Psysk
Gudas/Sustr
Brewer

Bishop
?????

Trade Killorn/Connolly/Purcell for Myers
Panik for Pysyk ( Doubt Buff does that)

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Trades:
Arizona Coyotes:
Richard Panik
for-----
Michael Stone

St. Louis Blues:
Teddy Purcell
J.T. Brown
Matt Carle
Mark Barberio
for-----
Kevin Shattenkirk

Neither Arizona nor STL would do those trades. If we want Stone we talk about Killorn. And STL can't take on that much salary and don't need that much players, let alone want PUrcell.

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa
Last time my roster was just playing around for 10 minutes with wishes, this is more realistic.

Palat - Stamkos - Iginla
Killorn - Filppula - Connolly
Drouin - Johnson - Kucherov
Brown - Thompson - Panik
Crombeen, Pyatt

Hedman - Boyle
Carle - Gudas
Brewer - Sustr
Barbs, Kostka

Those D pairings can be switched up a little.

Bishop
Guds

Okay, hear me out.
Roster changes:
Trade Purcell for a 2nd round pick 2015.
Sign Boyle for 2 years, 3.5 per. He can be used on whatever pairing, just put him on the first for now.
Sign Iginla, 2 years, 5.75 per. The reason behind this is my roster had 13 million left in cap space, and I figured signing him would make us even deeper and give us some leadership.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Last time my roster was just playing around for 10 minutes with wishes, this is more realistic.

Palat - Stamkos - Iginla
Killorn - Filppula - Connolly
Drouin - Johnson - Kucherov
Brown - Thompson - Panik
Crombeen, Pyatt

Hedman - Boyle
Carle - Gudas
Brewer - Sustr
Barbs, Kostka

Those D pairings can be switched up a little.

Bishop
Guds

Okay, hear me out.
Roster changes:
Trade Purcell for a 2nd round pick 2015.
Sign Boyle for 2 years, 3.5 per. He can be used on whatever pairing, just put him on the first for now.
Sign Iginla, 2 years, 5.75 per. The reason behind this is my roster had 13 million left in cap space, and I figured signing him would make us even deeper and give us some leadership.

Just a couple of things, Johnson is a top 6 center I can't see him going back to the 3rd line anytime soon. I'd put Stamkos on his wing with Palat. Iginla isn't coming here, he's most likely resigning in Boston. If we can get a 15' 2nd for Purcell that would be awesome. Drouin is most likely starting out as our 3C. The D pairs are alright I think it'll depend on how player's improve coming into camp. I can see Sustr making a push for top pair as him and Hedman looked good in the playoffs. None of our RD are set anywhere in our lineup so I expect everyone to have different pairings.

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa
Just a couple of things, Johnson is a top 6 center I can't see him going back to the 3rd line anytime soon. I'd put Stamkos on his wing with Palat. Iginla isn't coming here, he's most likely resigning in Boston. If we can get a 15' 2nd for Purcell that would be awesome. Drouin is most likely starting out as our 3C. The D pairs are alright I think it'll depend on how player's improve coming into camp. I can see Sustr making a push for top pair as him and Hedman looked good in the playoffs. None of our RD are set anywhere in our lineup so I expect everyone to have different pairings.

I know Johnson is a top 6 center, but we already have 2 other top 6 centers. I would put him at top line RW but to be honest I think we need a more explosive player on the top line, and both of those guys are best at C. I wouldn't mind it your way, I was deeply considering those exact things when making the roster.
I think Iginla is leaving Boston, they have other areas of need and they are tight against the cap. Even without Iginla I still think we need a top line RW, but that's just my opinion especially with a lot of cap space.
I thought about Drouin at 3C also, but with Johnson there I moved him over.
I agree totally, the D pairings could go back and forth.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Jarome Iginla would be such a wonderful dream come true not only because the guy can still play but because he would be a wonderful influence on the youth on this team, but I'm not comfortable saying the Lightning are in the same Cup-contending echelon that Boston (or Chicago/LA/etc.) are in just quite yet. Boston has some space they can afford to clear and I imagine they'll find a way to keep Iginla around.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

He may be a top-6 center but he isn't better than Stamkos or Filppula, unless one of them get injured he isn't going to be there. Regardless we don't need to cram him into the top-6 just because he's a "top-6 player", we'd be more dangerous rolling 3 lines that can score.

Drouin will most likely start on the 3rd line, but I could see him move up and stay on the first line just because of Palat's ability to gel a line together.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He may be a top-6 center but he isn't better than Stamkos or Filppula, unless one of them get injured he isn't going to be there. Regardless we don't need to cram him into the top-6 just because he's a "top-6 player", we'd be more dangerous rolling 3 lines that can score.

Drouin will most likely start on the 3rd line, but I could see him move up and stay on the first line just because of Palat's ability to gel a line together.

I wouldn't mind seeing Palat-Drouin-Stamkos right from the get-go, with maybe Stamkos and Drouin splitting faceoff duties. Sure, it'd be a lot of pressure for Drouin, but at the same time, all the other team's focus will be on those other two guys, so it could make it a little easier for him. I agree though that he's most likely to start on the 3rd line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->