Boston Bruins Your roster changes / proposals X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Domi is a 5.3 million hit on the cap and I would rather go after another 'C' that fits the Bruin culture better.

Still I say get a dee partner for Mac, that is more important this year. Next year there is a better group of Centers.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Kessel cap hit = 8 million
Eichel cap hit = 10 million

Bruins cap space = 1 million

200.gif

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
My concern is not the forwards but rather the D . Reilly and Gryz as two of your top LD is not a winning formula
Actually it's not the forwards or the defense. My primary concern is the goaltending. Ullmark has never played even 40 games in a season in the NHL and he's brought in like some kind of Manny Fernandez saviour and given a four-year contract. Meanwhile we traded a guy who could have been better and was signed for $4M/yr cheaper - for a 3rd Round Pick.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Actually it's not the forwards or the defense. My primary concern is the goaltending. Ullmark has never played even 40 games in a season in the NHL and he's brought in like some kind of Manny Fernandez saviour and given a four-year contract. Meanwhile we traded a guy who could have been better and was signed for $4M/yr cheaper - for a 3rd Round Pick.

I need more of this injected right into my veins.

Mr. Make-Believe

Those who know me understand that the quoted post is written with tongue firmly in-cheek. I actually like Ullmark a lot and think this goaltender tandem is going to steal their fair share of games.

But the fact that I can make a reasonable argument for goaltending being an issue, and obviously ones can be made in every other facet of the roster, should be evidence that this Bruins team is in trouble.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Those who know me understand that the quoted post is written with tongue firmly in-cheek. I actually like Ullmark a lot and think this goaltender tandem is going to steal their fair share of games.

But the fact that I can make a reasonable argument for goaltending being an issue, and obviously ones can be made in every other facet of the roster, should be evidence that this Bruins team is in trouble.

Anyone catch this from KPD today?

"Otherwise, it could be top prospect Studnicka, another righthander, or perhaps Trent Frederic, a lefty. Sweeney on Wednesday noted that Frederic, who has worked all but exculsively as a winger in his 59 career games, would be moved “to the middle of the ice” this season. That now appears to have been foreshadowing by the GM."

Reactions: Gordoff

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
I wonder if Hertl is available. Upcoming UFA might not re-sign in SJ. This guy is the ideal 2nd line centre.

Debrusk + Studnicka + Moore + 2022 2nd (becomes a first if he re-signs in Boston)
For
Hertl

Hall-Hertl-Smith

This is a great idea and one the Bruins would be advised to spend on if he would resign...

Reactions: Gordoff and kdog82

Mr. Make-Believe

Anyone catch this from KPD today?

"Otherwise, it could be top prospect Studnicka, another righthander, or perhaps Trent Frederic, a lefty. Sweeney on Wednesday noted that Frederic, who has worked all but exculsively as a winger in his 59 career games, would be moved “to the middle of the ice” this season. That now appears to have been foreshadowing by the GM."
Oh Frederic should TOTALLY be Krejci's replacement.

See? We're in great shape!

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I wonder if Hertl is available. Upcoming UFA might not re-sign in SJ. This guy is the ideal 2nd line centre.

Debrusk + Studnicka + Moore + 2022 2nd (becomes a first if he re-signs in Boston)
For
Hertl

Hall-Hertl-Smith
Can't do re-signing conditions anymore, but definitely in favor of a deal like that. May have to add more, and that's ok with me.

Reactions: kdog82

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB

For
Hertl

Hall-Hertl-Smith
Too much to give up for Hertl, he has been injured, I would offer DeBrusk + Zboril at most.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Just reading around different team boards and the main one I learned there are a lot of hockey fans that are big fans of Dvorak

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
Agreed.

I understand not wanting to run two rookie goalies... but a short term tweener vet would have been more to my liking. Ullmark is an anchor if he shits the bed here. Vladar could excel given the opportunity, (which no reason to think he couldn't had they tried to run Swayman/Vladar tandem). Best case scenario they both do well, but it's a much most costly risk if it doesn't. Vladar/Swayman didn't workout? You have 2 goalies making less than a million.

I fully understand why they did it, from a logical perspective, but the length of Ullmark's contract is troubling. It's not bad if he plays up to it, but it's pretty bad if he ends up being a subpar backup.

Reactions: Gordoff

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Oct 31, 2008
Too much to give up for Hertl, he has been injured, I would offer DeBrusk + Zboril at most.
If there is at all a bidding war, which I'm guessing there will be, it starts at a 1st. Every big rental last season returned a first (with salary retained), except for Hall, which we all know why.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If they wanted to add to Domi i would send them Debrusk

I think Debrusk has more value at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad