Boston Bruins Your roster changes / proposals X

Status
Not open for further replies.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
If we get 2019 Coyle again, it's a better line
If we get the injured inconsistent 2021 Coyle, it could be worse.
I would say Coyle is a fairly established player at this stage. Not sure what upside remains with a player of his age with his career numbers. Never put up numbers that would lend him to being a 2C but we paid him like one so I guess he is?

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
I would say Coyle is a fairly established player at this stage. Not sure what upside remains with a player of his age with his career numbers. Never put up numbers that would lend him to being a 2C but we paid him like one so I guess he is?
Yet all we heard up until Hall arrived is how Krejci never had any wingers to play with. Well if Krejci never had any wingers on the 2nd line what the hell did Coyle have to work with on line 3. Krejci's production shot way up with the arrival of Hall and Smith becoming a permanent line 2 RW. I'd like to believe that Coyle's number might get a nice boost playing with them as well.

Reactions: KWbruin

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
This offseason reminds me of the Patriots last year. No clear cut direction. Too good to tank not good enough to make an impact.

Agreed. But this hockey team is easier to correct. This team needs a 2c and a sizeable LD and it's very dangerous. One before the season, one at the deadline and a few corrections and this roster is capable. It very much remains to be seen if they are able to make that work though with both $ and asset management...

gvkmedia

Let’s fight through this….
Mar 2, 2002
Kingsville
www.hollandbloorview.ca

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Domi is not a good guy to have in the locker room from what i've heard. If on-ice stuff was the only consideration I'd do a Domi/Debrusk swap, but culture-wise I don't think he's a fit.

Reactions: trenton1

Bruins78

Apr 12, 2007
I feel like best case scenario to address center this year might be to hope Vancouver sucks out of the gate and they make JT Miller available. Pettersson is about to get paid on a short bridge or an expensive long term, Boeser is up next year RFA) , Horvat in two years (UFA), paying OEL for 6 years and still have Myers for 3 more years…the last two might be tricky to move on from. JT is 28 and has been close to a point per game the last couple of years and always liked his overall game.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
none of the deals they signed will be difficult to move in terms of offloading salary and there is always ways to move out salary if need be

We always say stuff like this, and then it turns out not to be true. It's difficult to move out salary in a flat cap world, unless you're willing to pay for it. It's not like they signed a bunch of great contracts that someone else would gladly sign today.

Everyone talked about how Moore's contract would be easy to move, and now look where we are.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
We always say stuff like this, and then it turns out not to be true. It's difficult to move out salary in a flat cap world, unless you're willing to pay for it. It's not like they signed a bunch of great contracts that someone else would gladly sign today.

Everyone talked about how Moore's contract would be easy to move, and now look where we are.

still not a very prohibitive contract

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Sweeney needs to absolutely knock it out of the park at C next draft

they have a couple promising guys that could come up into a 2 or 3 c role, bergeron could play 3rd line center into his 40’s if he wanted, and we have plenty of guys that could be a good 4th line center and or you find that at the draft

Absolutely have to get a top line center in the next draft if this team is going to be able to complete the transition from bergeron and still be competitive.

this year is what it is with Krejci leaving and I hope they can find a good replacement or who knows Coyle has a career year and goes 20-40-60 but long term I’m more worried about the constant whiffs in the draft and no clear number one

Reactions: trenton1

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
they can’t get rid of him fast enough, I bet the Bruins would balk
yeah, something weird there.

plus at 5.3 then a UFA I dont know what I’d do here.

At first I was concerned that a talented young center has already been on 3 teams and soon a 4th by the age of 25. But the trades he was involved in were for Galchenyuk (back when he had value) and Andersen. Both hockey trades. But maybe there are clubhouse issues we don't know of.

On the surface, I'd make the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad