Boston Bruins Your roster changes / proposals X

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
What I don’t get is this.

People(rightfully so) praise about on what steal contracts their franchise guys are. No one is even close to making super star money.

How is it then possible to have a lineup with so many holes/ question marks in it and you are against the cap?

You can argue they are in a neef of quality 2C, quality 2Rw& have no real top pair LD and absolutely no cap space
Take a look around the league. Show me more than a handful of teams w/o major holes in their lineups. It's what happens with a salary cap, leagues that have it want parity .

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Hertl would be a smart move.

Something around Debrusk+ 2023 3rd + Moore for Hertl? Cap works out okay but I'm not sure how enticing that package is for SJ, might need to add or adjust the pick to a 2nd?

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfan419

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I laugh when I keep reading trade proposals with guys like Moore and Wagner in them. The only way teams are taking back those players is if they need to hit the cap floor and need to take on salary
But they are movable as there's a lot worse contracts out there, the problem is it will cost you more than likely a draft pick in a top draft year. Arizona rebuild is just that, taking on bad contracts for high picks, in a very good draft year. I don't see Sweeney giving up anymore free-picks but you never know with this guy.

Reactions: Gordoff

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I laugh when I keep reading trade proposals with guys like Moore and Wagner in them. The only way teams are taking back those players is if they need to hit the cap floor and need to take on salary

Wagner at least can dress and play- why people think Moore has any trade value right now is puzzling, though. He is on LTIR and who knows when or if he is even going to play again.

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
But they are movable as there's a lot worse contracts out there, the problem is it will cost you more than likely a draft pick in a top draft year. Arizona rebuild is just that, taking on bad contracts for high picks, in a very good draft year. I don't see Sweeney giving up anymore free-picks but you never know with this guy.
Arz is a different scenario where they are worrying about real $$ costs. They are taking on bad contracts with little real $ hits.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Take a look around the league. Show me more than a handful of teams w/o major holes in their lineups. It's what happens with a salary cap, leagues that have it want parity .

Did you read my post?

Tampa, Colorado, Dallas, Vegas, Pens, Washington have guys making superstar money.

Boston has all their core guys on steals yet have multiple key holes on roster without cap space.

Sweeney throughout his time has just loved to overpay bottom depth

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Bruins can still offer him a contract after next season but I would certainly swing for the fences on a trade now, trouble is I doubt San Jose bites. They don’t have much to replace him and they’d want at least a comparable roster player in return. Something like Coyle + DeBrusk and a pick *could* get it done, but again, why does San Jose do it? And after those two guys had down years. Everyone above them is too valuable and everyone below San Jose doesn’t want.

maybe Carlo + if their blue line is shit, without looking I don’t know, but is that the right move for us when we have holes there as well

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
seravelli says buffalo wants all picks and prospects and no roster players unless they are cheap on long term contracts.

toss them 1st rounders, dump salary elsewhere

Reactions: The don godfather

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Genuine top 6 centers are so damn hard to land. They're probably the most precious commodity in hockey, which is why GMs are incredibly reluctant to let the good ones get away. If you look at all the recent Cup winners, in the vast majority of cases their top centers were originally drafted by those teams. The Blues are the anomaly in the fact that they brought in both O'Reilly and Schenn from elsewhere, but then they are easily the weakest (at least on paper) Cup winning team in years.

So whatever money the Bruins have to play with, getting someone good is still going to be very difficult. All the guys in this list are good players, but Hertl and Strome are the only two I see as possibly becoming available, and if they do they'll be in demand and Strome is arguably the weakest guy on the list. Sweeney's going to need to work some magic, of a kind well beyond what he's demonstrated to date, or he's going to have to hope that Studnicka takes a massive leap forward in the next 6-12 months. Otherwise the Bruins could be looking pretty bleak down the middle for quite awhile. Selecting only Stud, JFK and a player they already knew had a bottom 6 ceiling in Frederic as high pick centers in the drafts prior to 2019 was so so stupid and costly.
I agree with all of the bolded. I don't have much faith that any players on my lists will be acquired, but we all can see what this team really needs.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
seravelli says buffalo wants all picks and prospects and no roster players unless they are cheap on long term contracts.

Dumping salary is not going to be easy, nobody wants Debrusk, Moore, Wagner, etc. No one will be knocking down the doors for this catch.

Who is interested in helping out the Bruins?

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

What Buffalo wants and what they'll get will be different things.

They can take their time for now but neither player nor team wants to still be together when training camp opens.

If teams were gonna give Buffalo what they wanted it would already have happened. Most teams can't take on Eichel's contract without shedding salary. If you got to give premium assets to get Eichel you won't have any left for the salary dumps. Buffalo is in a bad spot and everybody knows it.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
What I don’t get is this.

People(rightfully so) praise about on what steal contracts their franchise guys are. No one is even close to making super star money.

How is it then possible to have a lineup with so many holes/ question marks in it and you are against the cap?

You can argue they are in a neef of quality 2C, quality 2Rw& have no real top pair LD and absolutely no cap space

Drafting

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Did you read my post?

Tampa, Colorado, Dallas, Vegas, Pens, Washington have guys making superstar money.

Boston has all their core guys on steals yet have multiple key holes on roster without cap space.

Sweeney throughout his time has just loved to overpay bottom depth
Chiarelli was also guilty of that, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad