Boston Bruins Your roster changes / proposals IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
if you have 6 million to spend and can have only Palmieri or Coleman then it's such a no-brainer.

I hate how a handful of desperate GMs always end up breaking the market for bottom 6 guys by overpaying. Coleman belongs in the 3-4 million range at most but some dummy will give him a David Clarkson deal

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Jesus - I don't want Clifton taking a regular spot. :thumbd:

Oh really? I like him. May seem like I don't because I keep requesting another guy there. But I dig Clifton and look forward to watching him play this season.

I guess my main problem with him is that I don't like having both Gryz and Clifton in the lineup. If Boston deals Gryz then I'd be OK with Clifton playing regularly.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Guys this coleman thing is picking up steam I think. I wanted my el cheapo brassard 750 k deal. He can play center and wing and help put some points. 6 million is a crippling contract.

Helsinki city boy

Jun 2, 2019
Helsinki
No matter which way you see it, it’s terrible.

Agree. For upcoming season it does not have great effect, but all of our cheap contracts expire between 22 and 23. Pasta, McA and good 1st C will cost something like $28m, if they dont give max discounts. And also they need to resign Bergy and if Swayman stays hot and has decent stats then Sweeney is screwed with these contracts.

Bruins are in the situation where they should look more to the upcoming seasons instead of going maniac with stupid contracts for the next season.

Reactions: inactive user

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Agree. For upcoming season it does not have great effect, but all of our cheap contracts expire between 22 and 23. Pasta, McA and good 1st C will cost something like $28m, if they dont give max discounts. And also they need to resign Bergy and if Swayman stays hot and has decent stats then Sweeney is screwed with these contracts.

Bruins are in the situation where they should look more to the upcoming seasons instead of going maniac with stupid contracts for the next season.

It’s full speed ahead until Bergeron retires. Count on it.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Friedman also noted that the Bs may be in on Forbort.

Coleman and Forbort…. Really underwhelming names for what was/is out there. And from what’s being rumored for Coleman. That’s a massive overpayment. Those numbers no longer fit in the “well the Bruins have the cap to overpay” category.

We’ll see what happens…

Reactions: sarge88

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Them "Suter at 4 years is too much for his age and remaining talent."

Me "Yeah maybe you are right."

Them "we can sign Coleman and Forbert to 5 year deals instead!"

Me "uhhhh.. Can I change my first answer?"

Reactions: Horton Hears A Woo

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
Them "Suter at 4 years is too much for his age and remaining talent."

Me "Yeah maybe you are right."

Them "we can sign Coleman and Forbert to 5 year deals instead!"

Me "uhhhh.. Can I change my first answer?"
Who is them? Nobody suggested signing Forbort or Coleman to a 5 year deal...

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Sweeney didn't just hammer out a 4 x 6 million deal with former MVP Taylor Hall just to turn around and offer freakin' Blake Coleman the same AAV but more term.

Will they have interest in Coleman? Sure, I'd be surprised if they didn't.

I just don't see them meeting his asking price if it's as what is rumored.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Sweeney didn't just hammer out a 4 x 6 million deal with former MVP Taylor Hall just to turn around and offer freakin' Blake Coleman the same AAV but more term.

Beleskey was rumored to get 5-6 mil too, ended up under 4... guess we’ll just have to wait

Reactions: bbfan419

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013

I don't buy it. But this would be a signature Sweeney move.

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Beleskey was rumored to get 5-6 mil too, ended up under 4... guess we’ll just have to wait

I hope Sweeney is smart enough not to get involved in a bidding war for Blake Coleman. Nice player, luxury player. But you it's been proven time and time again you don't give term to that level of player.

I thought the Avalanche made a big mistake last night. I would of let Landeskog walk before giving him anything beyond 4 years. They will regret that contract. That's not a prediction, that's a spoiler.

Term is the true enemy of the salary cap. Joe Sakic got hood-winked last night giving into Landeskog's demand for an 8th year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad