Speculation: Your post combine pick at 5th OV.

5 OV?

• Zach Benson

Votes: 22 7.6%
  • Dalibor Dvorsky

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • Ryan Leonard

Votes: 60 20.8%
  • David Reinbacher

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • Will Smith

Votes: 143 49.7%
  • Matthew Wood

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 34 11.8%

• Total voters

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Personally id take Michkov but also realize im just a fan who doesnt have to answer if it fails, i dont have to explain it an owner who might not want to deal with it if there is future political fallout

All that said, id go with Leonard as it appears the top 4 will go as predicted in one order or not.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Combine is irrelevant. Some will use it to say how great and dedicated a kid is to his craft. Others will use it by thinking....the kid looks already good, imagine when he is in shape....

It does not change for me.
- Mickhov.​
- If Michkov is gone, one of Carlsson or Smith (amongst who are left).​
- If not Michkov if he is still available, Leonard or Benson.​

Everybody else will be a dissapointment. But doesn't mean that I'll ask for Bobrov/Lapointe heads to roll....that should come in a few years....:D

sucks that we never can have great things. I would have done without Bedard...if I would have been given a 2 top 10 picks...can you imagine...Leonard and Benson. Geez, Leonard and Perreault....Sell, 31st, 37th and prospect for a high pick.
I'm really high on Perreault. I watched a lot of clips because I wanted to look at the players from the US development program like Smith, Leonard, Moore, Perreault, etc. and I think he has the strongest IQ of them all. Sure the skating issues blabla. I wish the Florida pick would've been in the teens so we had a shot at him. He does so many good subtle things on offense, his vision and instinct are impressive.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I chose Will Smith, but I don't think he's getting past San Jose.

I think they're going either Reinbacher or Leonard. Outside chance at Dvorsky, but I don't think they'll pick him due to the skating.

I'm having a hard time telling which of the two they'll pick though.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
M-I-C-H-K-O-V

I don’t get the contract situation problem, every player available after Michkov will take 2-3 years also before being ready/make an impact, this guy as FRANCHISE potential. The top salary is 1.5M in KHL, the guy as the potential to make 10M here one day, he don’t care about being a KHL star, no Russian players wants to be a KHL star. He will be there in 2026 and will make every single team regret not taking him 2nd.

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
Best option if we’re not taking Michkov. WAS is very likely to pay up.
Yup, just pry their first next year on top of the 8th OA, draft whoever is left between Leonard, Benson or Reinbacher and be glad. Reaching for another player other than Michkov and not even profiting of this unique situation to at least get extra assets would be a freaking travesty imo

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
I am not voting because ill be happy with whatever the management decide to pick.

I would be happy if they pass on Dvorsky just because of the fanbase backlash and toxicity.

I wont be angry if they pass on Michkov (There is a tiny tiny tiny chance that he becomes a putin asslicker and i dont respect lgbt people type of guy and i would rather not have that type of guy in the locker room but i am going to give him the benefit of a doubt and say even after consuming so much propaganda he is going to be a nice guy when he comes here.)

I like Leonard i think he would fit the team

I like Smith but i prefer Leonard

Haven't seen much of Wood to decide

Haven't seen much of Benson but his highlight videos look interesting

I like Reinbacher

PS: Sorry for bringing politics into this but i live in Slovakia where (old) people love mr putin and i am so tired of that.

Last edited:

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
If Washington, a team that has been much better at drafting in general and much much better at drafting forwards than Montreal, will scoop Michkov then they clearly don’t care about “the fallout” and “the risks”. So let’s just do what they would do, okay?

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Also my maybe somehow controversial opinion but Bedard is way aaaahead of Michkov. And the Habs wont pass on "second Bedard" if they don't pick him.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
M-I-C-H-K-O-V

I don’t get the contract situation problem, every player available after Michkov will take 2-3 years also before being ready/make an impact, this guy as FRANCHISE potential. The top salary is 1.5M in KHL, the guy as the potential to make 10M here one day, he don’t care about being a KHL star, no Russian players wants to be a KHL star. He will be there in 2026 and will make every single team regret not taking him 2nd.
Maybe because the contract is FAR from being the only problem…

Why wouldn't Michkov be an option? His the best option at 5.

And why would we spit on picking Michkov and let other teams draft him? Makes zero logic. No sense.
Because they won’t take him

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Personally id take Michkov but also realize im just a fan who doesnt have to answer if it fails, i dont have to explain it an owner who might not want to deal with it if there is future political fallout

All that said, id go with Leonard as it appears the top 4 will go as predicted in one order or not.
WOW someone with some sense !

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON
In this scenario I like Smith followed by Leonard/Benson.
I'm hoping all the talk of the 4 centers going 1-4 is posturing by at least one of Ana/Clb/SJ to see if Mtl will fork up what it takes to move up. Never really know until draft day what the teams board really looks like and who they don't mind passing on.

Reactions: Saundies

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Like most here, my first choice is Michkov.

Because it seems more and more likely by the day that it's probably not going to happen, my other choices would be:

(If Smith/Carlsson are available):

Carlsson
Smith
Leonard
Dvorsky
Benson
Reinbacher

Reinbacher might turn out to be fantastic, I just want to pick a forward in this draft where it's so strong. Nothing against the player himself, but where his offense isn't described along the lines of an Adam Fox/Makar type, it would seem extremely boring and 'safe'.

I don't want a high-floor guy, I want a high-ceiling guy.

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
Leonard more than Smith? I don't necessarily disagree but why do you think so?

Btw ça fait bizarre t'écrire en anglais alors que irl on s'parle en français lol
I don't think drafting based on need is necessarily the way to go but Leonard is a perfect complimentary player to Suz, CC and Dach. So basically the first 2 lines.
Leonard was a big reason why Smith's season/U18 were that good and I'm not so sure if Smith's game will translate perfectly in the NHL but hey, I'm just a gérant d'estrade!

I'll be happy if they pick Smith anyways.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
If the Habs are dead set on not drafting Michkov and the first four picks go as predicted I would look to trade back into the #6-10 range.

If a team is really set on Michkov I can see them trading up a few spots and adding a premium asset.
I have a feeling the team wanting him in the top 10 won't trade up and will bet on their chances to land him. Washington and Detroit are my favorites to land him, why rumors lately sell the story that he might slide beyond 10. I don't see these 2 organisation's passing on him.

The one exception would be that Yzerman has him valued at 2 or 3, in that case, he might trade up to 5,6 or 7, I'd target 7 if I was him

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
1686575770293.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad