Speculation: Your post combine pick at 5th OV.

5 OV?

• Zach Benson

Votes: 22 7.6%
  • Dalibor Dvorsky

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • Ryan Leonard

Votes: 60 20.8%
  • David Reinbacher

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • Will Smith

Votes: 143 49.7%
  • Matthew Wood

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 34 11.8%

• Total voters

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Assuming Bedard/Fantilli/Carlsson going top 3

Michkov
Smith
Reinbacher

these are the only 3 I can justify/convince myself somehow to be happy about. I rather have Reinbacher over Leonard. Both IMO have high floors but the ceiling/floor of a RD is far more impactful.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The prospects board. Kevin Musto?

Kevin Musto is like the biggest joke on the prospect board

Reactions: MonkeyBusiness

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
These are my observation on the poster Musto’s text on Michkov,

1. For a player that has been hyped as long as he has, Michkov is still raw.

He’s polished. What does he think raw means.

2. He won’t be ready to play in the NHL any time soon.

Contractually speaking, perhaps. Hockey-wise he could be in the NHL in October.

3. You also won’t see an ounce of defensive play out of him.

Not true. Unless he’s being hyperbolic. He’ll follow guys on the back-check behind his own net.

4. He cheats past the blueline.

He does sometimes. Usually when there’s a 50/50 battle in the zone for a quick breakout. Usually starts off from the hash marks.

5. If the puck isn’t on his stick, he’s not doing anything to help the team.

He does try to get the puck back. He tries to get a turnover. He plays the box in his zone and does forecheck. But I do think this is the weakest aspect to his game.

6. Initially he looked reinvigorated from his move to Sochi, but after coming out the gate with more motivation he mostly reverted back to his usual self.

His period in Sochi is the period he beat the KHL record for a draft age prospect.

7. Poor body language,

Don’t see it. He usually directs the PP and has positive interactions with the coach.

8. worthless off the puck, prone to becoming a pylon,

See 5.

9. subpar playmaking,

Best playmaker in this draft. Better than Bedard.

10.trouble with winning board battles,

Holds his own when playing against men. When he does recover the puck he gets it on the stick of the teammates, No errant uncontrolled pucks.

11. trying to take four guys head on at once and losing.

Bedard does this sometime. Michkov does not hot dog and never dekes in an unfavourable position. I don’t know where he got this from.

12. He also doesn’t have the speed to create lots of separation in transition.

He’s faster than others in the 5 to 10 range. He’ll have no problem using his speed in the NHL. He skates against top pro men. He doesn’t try to beat the last guy like Josh Anderson. He finds a shooting lane than shoots.

13.It’s a long list of things that make Michkov an annoying player to watch.

Not a fan of his Michigans. But it’s a delight to watch him get out of tight spots, making brilliant passes and scoring lots of goals.

14. NHL coaches will find him difficult to work with.

Don’t know where he gets this. See 7.

15. After being labeled a “generational prospect” too early, Michkov just hasn’t taken the necessary jumps in his development.

He’s a franchise player at least. Generational is over used. His development is where he was still breaking records this season like he did every other year.

16.Still, there’s potential for upside if you’re patient with his timeline

I would say so.

17. If he can bulk up …

He looks like an Olympic lifter

18. and play in the paint at the NHL level, he may be able to develop into a high end version of Brendan Gallagher.

Other than not crashing goalies, not taking punches to the net, not getting upset for trifles, being able to use his teammates, driving a power play, and a bunch of other differences... Both are under 6’ and play wing.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
🤣 good one ☝️

Cool, in a conversation about Mitchkov, Putin and the war, you bring Drouin . Can i use your argument when i want to have the last word in a conversation with my friends or with my family?
You can as long as you say the words "Habs13 trademark" at the end. Enjoy!

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
These are my observation on the poster Musto’s text on Michkov,

1. For a player that has been hyped as long as he has, Michkov is still raw.

He’s polished. What does he think raw means.

2. He won’t be ready to play in the NHL any time soon.

Contractually speaking, perhaps. Hockey-wise he could be in the NHL in October.

3. You also won’t see an ounce of defensive play out of him.

Not true. Unless he’s being hyperbolic. He’ll follow guys on the back-check behind his own net.

4. He cheats past the blueline.

He does sometimes. Usually when there’s a 50/50 battle in the zone for a quick breakout. Usually starts off from the hash marks.

5. If the puck isn’t on his stick, he’s not doing anything to help the team.

He does try to get the puck back. He tries to get a turnover. He plays the box in his zone and does forecheck. But I do think this is the weakest aspect to his game.

6. Initially he looked reinvigorated from his move to Sochi, but after coming out the gate with more motivation he mostly reverted back to his usual self.

His period in Sochi is the period he beat the KHL record for a draft age prospect.

7. Poor body language,

Don’t see it. He usually directs the PP and has positive interactions with the coach.

8. worthless off the puck, prone to becoming a pylon,

See 5.

9. subpar playmaking,

Best playmaker in this draft. Better than Bedard.

10.trouble with winning board battles,

Holds his own when playing against men. When he does recover the puck he gets it on the stick of the teammates, No errant uncontrolled pucks.

11. trying to take four guys head on at once and losing.

Bedard does this sometime. Michkov does not hot dog and never dekes in an unfavourable position. I don’t know where he got this from.

12. He also doesn’t have the speed to create lots of separation in transition.

He’s faster than others in the 5 to 10 range. He’ll have no problem using his speed in the NHL. He skates against top pro men. He doesn’t try to beat the last guy like Josh Anderson. He finds a shooting lane than shoots.

13.It’s a long list of things that make Michkov an annoying player to watch.

Not a fan of his Michigans. But it’s a delight to watch him get out of tight spots, making brilliant passes and scoring lots of goals.

14. NHL coaches will find him difficult to work with.

Don’t know where he gets this. See 7.

15. After being labeled a “generational prospect” too early, Michkov just hasn’t taken the necessary jumps in his development.

He’s a franchise player at least. Generational is over used. His development is where he was still breaking records this season like he did every other year.

16.Still, there’s potential for upside if you’re patient with his timeline

I would say so.

17. If he can bulk up …

He looks like an Olympic lifter

18. and play in the paint at the NHL level, he may be able to develop into a high end version of Brendan Gallagher.

Other than not crashing goalies, not taking punches to the net, not getting upset for trifles, being able to use his teammates, driving a power play, and a bunch of other differences... Both are under 6’ and play wing.
Again, that Gallagher comparison might be the most delusional thing I've read on these boards. I have more time for EdJovanovski's satirical takes on physiognomy than that.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Man calling Michkov a subpar playmaker is just so out of left field.

At this point we are dealing with NPC activity.

npc-npc-activity.gif

• Haha
Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Favourite criticism of Michkov's has got to be the amount of points he put up against Kunlun Red Star because they were SUCH a bad team that they got 50% more points than Michkov's team.

I'm guessing Carlsson is presumed to be off the board at 3 or 4?
I've seen both that he's the 2nd best player on the board from a bunch of scouts and that he's below Smith at 4, so I'd say 3 to Columbus is safe (especially since he can bench 330 and Timmins is basically just a tricep with 4 firing neurons).

Expos94

May 13, 2022
He has just as much control over them as Michkov and he has much more dire things to attend to than hockey.

Benson is the best forecheker in the draft. And the best defensive player.
It's a toss up but Leonard will do a lot more damage

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Favourite criticism of Michkov's has got to be the amount of points he put up against Kunlun Red Star because they were SUCH a bad team that they got 50% more points than Michkov's team.

I've seen both that he's the 2nd best player on the board from a bunch of scouts and that he's below Smith at 4, so I'd say 3 to Columbus is safe (especially since he can bench 330 and Timmins is basically just a tricep with 4 firing neurons).

4 neurons? He has at least double Bergevin's, so I'd say at least 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad