GDT: Your Ottawa Senators VS Les Canadiens de Montréal -7pm - RDS & TSN5

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Pre-season, but yeah 12 shots with 3 pp's against another bottom 3 team in the league is rough.

I keep on thinking we could surprise - we're not that bad.

But then you compare the roster to other teams in the league. The defence is just SO bad.

If we played a run and gun style there'd be an entertainment factor at least, but the Boucher system is going to make for a long, painful season.

Reactions: albator71

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

But then you compare the roster to other teams in the league. The defence is just SO bad.

If we played a run and gun style there'd be an entertainment factor at least, but the Boucher system is going to make for a long, painful season.
We don't have the horses to play run and gun, we would get gunned out 95% of our game

The Worst One

Who wants to die?
Oct 5, 2017
Really doubt it. Probably will get sent down tomorrow to attend Belleville’s camp which starts on Monday.
What a pity. However, he might prove himself in Belleville and get a call up afterwards for a few games in the big league.

Last edited:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

We really are that bad though.

Reactions: Que

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Missing this game and yesterday's game due to outage.

We are going to be bottom 5 of the league right?

Rebuilds are the best without your first rounder

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I wont put much stock into these games until we have our full lineup

We are also only a week into camp. The games on the 27th and 29th will give us a better idea of what kind of team we have.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It’s preseason so it’s absolutely meaningless but if the Sens have that kind of start to the season, then Boucher might not survive very long. Not that they have to make the playoffs but they have to at least compete. If Boucher is fired, then a new coach would be a breath of fresh air... That being said, I need to see some regular season games to see if Boucher has changed his ways or it’s really hopeless with him as a coach. For now, all that matters is individual performance

Let’s keep in mind that there is only 6 veterans on this team tonight... 1 is the goalie, 2 are 4th liners, then Ceci, Stone and Ryan. You can expect a team lacking experience, cohesion and refined pro play. But that is the PLAN that they chose : Going full rebuild in a season you don’t have your 1st round pick!!! It’s really baffling

Oh and for the person asking, Habs were 0-6 in preseason last year IIRC. Plenty of teams go winningless in the preseason, it’s really nothing special

Last edited:
Reactions: IWantMyParade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad