GDT: Your Ottawa Senators VS Les Canadiens de Montréal -7pm - RDS & TSN5

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
We should be holding public tryouts on defense.

What an absolute shit show.

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
Im french myself and I have no clue why the guys on rds pronounce names Wolanin like Volanin, they butcher so many names, i feel like they do it in purpose

Jacall

Oct 18, 2017
I remember when we were pesky. I want to go back to that. Instead it has so far been looking like we’re a team with no finish :(

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I heard the push notifications, then checked my iPad.

My first thought was "Man, I wish I could see Boucher's face."

Long season indeed.

Another Mr Lizard

I heard he was Danish
Nov 19, 2017
If we are struggling to get 20 shots vs this MTL team then we aren’t winning many games at all this season. Buckle up folks!

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Im french myself and I have no clue why the guys on rds pronounce names Wolanin like Volanin, they butcher so many names, i feel like they do it in purpose

They go really far with trying to pronounce names the correct/original way. I think they mean well in doing it. They just happen to sometimes guess or even ignore players’ opinions on how their own names should be pronounced.

For example, IIRC the RDS guys insisted on pronouncing Kovalev “Kovaliev” for a long time despite being corrected.

I’d assume they’re pronouncing the W like a V is because (unless I’m mistaken) Wolanin is of polish origin and in polish the W is pronounced like a V in English.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad