GDT: Your Ottawa Senators VS Les Canadiens de Montréal -7pm - RDS & TSN5

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Because they wanted to sell more season tickets maybe?
Because they didn't feel they were getting the return of EK type of player?(like around draft time)
Listen, it was said by management around feb 20th that they were going to trade him
That was proven and discussed

I've not seen the "proof".

I heard all the rumours at the deadline ...... but they did not come true, so rumours are not proof.
Bobby Ryan "thought" he was gong to be traded, but he is still a Senator ...... so is this what you're calling "proof"?

If you can find the quotes you're referring to, please supply the link.

Thanks

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
Dorion was fully aware in June that he was going to trade Karlsson and enter a full rebuild. Why he decided to keep the pick is mind boggling when the next draft is loaded with centres like Hughes,Turcotte,Newhook,Dach,Cozens, Suzuki.

Once again Dorion made a decision that is going to set us back big time. Can’t wait until this clown is fired.
ok that's true, Dorion definitely knew Karlsson wasn't staying so I see that point now.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Drafts are not created equal. It's been talked about for nearly a year now the top end in 2019 (and 2020) are supposed to be better than 2018.
At least we can look forward to 2020.

Now we can face dissapointment after 2 years of anticipation instead of one when we inevitably lose the lottery again or go on a meaningless run late in the season.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Now we can face dissapointment after 2 years of anticipation instead of one when we inevitably lose the lottery again or go on a meaningless run late in the season.

Lol I can totally see us making a run at the playoffs next year, especially if we retain Stone and Duchene, our young guys more established and pushing the team on borderline bubble.

Reactions: Sensinitis

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Lol I can totally see us making a run at the playoffs next year, especially if we retain Stone and Duchene, our young guys more established and pushing the team on borderline bubble.
Unless Karlsson miraculously comes back, I want us to sink right to the bottom. Go for Lafreniere/Byfield/whoever. I have no interest in mediocrity anymore. A decade is enough.

This is assuming Duchene is gone of course.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Ok I see this now. Dorion must really like Tkachuk.

Just a lie to not have to say the word rebuild.

Tkachuk is gonna be a good one but considering they decided to "rebuild" in February, keeping our 2018 pick over our 2019 pick makes absolutely no sense.

Dorion is a scout, no way did he make that call. Melnyk told him to keep the pick to delay having to say rebuild in order to get people to buy season tickets over the summer.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Just a lie to not have to say the word rebuild.

Tkachuk is gonna be a good one but considering they decided to "rebuild" in February, keeping our 2018 pick over our 2019 pick makes absolutely no sense.

Dorion is a scout, no way did he make that call. Melnyk told him to keep the pick to delay having to say rebuild in order to get people to buy season tickets over the summer.
I've said it since the draft when I saw Melnyk at the draft table, Tkachuk was Melnyk's pick not our scout's.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
I've said it since the draft when I saw Melnyk at the draft table, Tkachuk was Melnyk's pick not our scout's.
I don’t know about that. Tkatchuk seems to be the kind of forward that we love picking in the first round.

Dorion is also the idiot that was boasting about Norris being Tkachuks best friend. Colin white was talking to Dorion about picking Brady too.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I don’t know about that. Tkatchuk seems to be the kind of forward that we love picking in the first round.

Dorion is also the idiot that was boasting about Norris being Tkachuks best friend. Colin white was talking to Dorion about picking Brady too.
DnThnrSXgAEa7Q0.jpg

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Can we?

2020 might turn into another "Crosby" year if the lockout lasts the entire season. Imagine getting a 1 in 31 (or 32) chance at first overall when we're in the most dire need of a franchise player......

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Can we?

2020 might turn into another "Crosby" year if the lockout lasts the entire season. Imagine getting a 1 in 31 (or 32) chance at first overall when we're in the most dire need of a franchise player......

If we finish near the bottom, don't we still have an inside track on the next lottery by a bit? It's not same odds for everyone.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
If we finish near the bottom, don't we still have an inside track on the next lottery by a bit? It's not same odds for everyone.

Iirc, in the Crosby lockout year, every team in the league was in the lotto. I don't remember the exact odds (I do believe it was weighted)...but either way, having more teams in the lotto will lower the chances of picking first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->