GDT: Your Ottawa Senators at Sabres - 2PM, TSN5, - Battle Royale Edition

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
When I was a kid I worked for a millionaire called Mr Les. He was always standing around the workplace rubbing his butt through his expensive pants. Another kid saw me looking at Mr Les rubbing his bum, winked at me and said, “itchy bum, money to come”. Most insightful thing I’ve ever heard.
LOL

Now I know why the porsche in your driveway

Reactions: Another Mr Lizard

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
When I was a kid I worked for a millionaire called Mr Les. He was always standing around the workplace rubbing his butt through his expensive pants. Another kid saw me looking at Mr Les rubbing his bum, winked at me and said, “itchy bum, money to come”. Most insightful thing I’ve ever heard.

This is so stupid and childish but also the biggest laugh I've had in a while. :laugh:

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Yes! Mocking incompetence and ****ty players is how fans get through lean years. It's okay to admit your favorite team is going through a period of being a joke! I say this as a Sens and Bills fan.

Let’s be honest incompetence and shitty players have nothing to do with it. It’s about the unwillingness to blame certain players for poor performance. The thing is when the scapegoats are no longer and someone has to take the blame and it’s usually a player who got a free pass in the past. Cody Ceci is a great example, he was given a free pass when Chris Phillips was around. All of a sudden Phillips retired and Ceci went from top pairing potential to not even being an NHL caliber player. It creates unfair expectations for players because the majority just turn a blind eye to their faults.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Let’s be honest incompetence and ****ty players have nothing to do with it. It’s about the unwillingness to blame certain players for poor performance. The thing is when the scapegoats are no longer and someone has to take the blame and it’s usually a player who got a free pass in the past. Cody Ceci is a great example, he was given a free pass when Chris Phillips was around. All of a sudden Phillips retired and Ceci went from top pairing potential to not even being an NHL caliber player. It creates unfair expectations for players because the majority just turn a blind eye to their faults.
This is false. Ceci and Phillips together were horrendous. They both got a ton of flack on here when they were a thing.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Let’s be honest incompetence and ****ty players have nothing to do with it. It’s about the unwillingness to blame certain players for poor performance. The thing is when the scapegoats are no longer and someone has to take the blame and it’s usually a player who got a free pass in the past. Cody Ceci is a great example, he was given a free pass when Chris Phillips was around. All of a sudden Phillips retired and Ceci went from top pairing potential to not even being an NHL caliber player. It creates unfair expectations for players because the majority just turn a blind eye to their faults.

Ceci doesn't just get singled out here. He is singled out all over the twittersphere by Sens fans and media personalities.

Reactions: DrEasy and Alex1234

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
This is false. Ceci and Phillips together were horrendous. They both got a ton of flack on here when they were a thing.

Majority of it was directed at Phiilips, perhaps Ceci started to get more flack when Phillips was still around, but I remember fairly well defending Phillips and pointing out Ceci flaws because many wanted to point the finger at one player.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Listened to most of this one on the radio. Turns out I still really enjoy listening to Sens games even when we get royally smoked.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Majority of it was directed at Phiilips, perhaps Ceci started to get more flack when Phillips was still around, but I remember fairly well defending Phillips and pointing out Ceci flaws because many wanted to point the finger at one player.

People generally accept that mistakes will happen with rookies/younger players. Ceci was OK when he was playing with Phillips but the problem is that he is still basically the same player today.

When a 19 year old Ceci messes up it's ok and we'll hope he improves. When a 24 year old Ceci makes the same mistakes it's worrying. When a 38 year old Chris Phillips is constantly looking bad, it's time to retire or for the team to cut bait.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
didn't watch the game but notice Chabot was a -3, Demelo a -4 and Ceci was a 0 and scored a goal.

How was Ceci's game today?
Wasn’t our worst d man. But it’s not like he was this shining beacon of hope amongst the darkness either.

If he plays like that every night it would be acceptable barring a massive raise in dollars.

Reactions: Sensational Ride

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad