GDT: Your Ottawa Senators at Sabres - 2PM, TSN5, - Battle Royale Edition

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Stop it now guys
Some people cant take Ceci critizism anymore
Dont want to see them cry

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Stop it now guys
Some people cant take Ceci critizism anymore
Dont want to see them cry

Im all for criticizing Ceci, but people take it too far. That defense is a train wreck outside of CHabot. Period.

Lajoi looked good early, Demelo has been better than expected, but they're both sinking back to reality and the Senators don't have anyone to pick up the slack.

That bliueine is going to sink the ship. Not just Ceci.

Reactions: Cosmix

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Is this a rebuild? If so then duchene and stone simply cannot stay lol.

It’s definitely why they haven’t been signed. I think Duchene may want to stay around for the ride, Stone too, but does the team want to pay them big dollars?

We also have to make the cap floor and we also have to surround the kids with quality mentors. Tanking is lame, we don’t need to have a crap roster to rebuild.

If the price is right I’d like both to stay, especially Duchene. We need that number 1 centre on the roster.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Now when a team has lots of hits it can be a bad sign because it means they didn't have puck possession. We manage not to have possession AND not get any hits! It takes a special kind of team to achieve this!
Our hits come in the corners or behind the net but we we're not sealing anyone off, the forwards are just being allowed to skate around wherever they want. The left d step up at the blueline we had 2 years ago was night and day between what we have now.

Boucher preaches being first on puck but if their D are not worried about being hit it's going to be a walk in the park for them.Am also trying to imagine how a forward didn't have a hit in our own end. Like what the f***, we let in 9 goals and you didn't throw a single hit? You make 8 million dollars Bobby Ryan and you can't hit someone!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
It’s definitely why they haven’t been signed. I think Duchene may want to stay around for the ride, Stone too, but does the team want to pay them big dollars?

We also have to make the cap floor and we also have to surround the kids with quality mentors. Tanking is lame, we don’t need to have a crap roster to rebuild.

If the price is right I’d like both to stay, especially Duchene. We need that number 1 centre on the roster.

He left his last team because he wanted playoff hockey and no rebuild. I hope he has a huge year and gets traded at the deadline, boston,sj,Nashville. The guy could put the right team into heavy cup contention. Bidding war!

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
No forwards were credited with a hit. Demelo had 1, Burgdoerfer 2, Jaros 3. That's it.

I thought almost everyone played without emotion or passion. I know goon hockey left a while ago, but youd think players who are down like 7-1 in a game will be pissed off and try to crash the net, go for a big hit, or anything.

It's as if the players were completely happy to lose big and had no spine. Does anyone else here lose that big in a competitive hockey game, and not go for a big hit or just show some sort or anger/frustration?

Reactions: solidprospect

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

If it’s a true rebuild they’re not planing to compete for at least 3 years. If that’s the case do you want a 31 year old with a massive contract and term left still on the team? I think duchene is out. Stone there’s a chance he stays. Although they’re only like a year apart which bows my mind

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
If it’s a true rebuild they’re not planing to compete for at least 3 years. If that’s the case do you want a 31 year old with a massive contract and term left still on the team? I think duchene is out. Stone there’s a chance he stays. Although they’re only like a year apart which bows my mind

There are pros and cons for sure. You really can't have a team without leadership, and with the new lottery situation you really don't need to crush your fan bases spirits by having a brutal team to win the lottery. Drafting top 5-10 and heavily focusing on development I think is most important. As we've seen with Edmonton, being a terrible team and draft 1oa every year isn't a guarantee for a good team.

We need a system that shelters and develops players, we need character vets who can play, and we need to continue to build on the 'team' sentiment where everyone buys into what's going on. My opinion of course.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
He left his last team because he wanted playoff hockey and no rebuild. I hope he has a huge year and gets traded at the deadline, boston,sj,Nashville. The guy could put the right team into heavy cup contention. Bidding war!

Maybe, but we have to take everything with a grain of salt. That may have been the reason he gave publicly, when in private it could have been homesickness, or tired of not living in Canada. Being a contender may have soften the blow, but being a basement dweller could make a person who already has strong feelings feel like 'what's the point'.

This is pure speculation, but I'm using it to point out that the playoffs may not actually be the most important part of his decision making in Colorado, but more importantly here in Ottawa. If other areas of his life are good, and he's enjoying being part of something being built, then this could be exactly where he wants to be.

Honestly given their respective styles of play, and the positions they play, I think I'd rather sign Duchene for big money long term and deal Stone at the deadline. I would prefer to keep both, as I think that they would be key for the play and development of all of the kids coming up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad