GDT: Your Ottawa Senators at Sabres - 2PM, TSN5, - Battle Royale Edition

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Stop it now guys
Some people cant take Ceci critizism anymore
Dont want to see them cry

Nobody is criticizing Ceci is this thread, because he was our best defeseman. It's those who hate him that are upset he's playing well :laugh:

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
This was just payback from that 10-4 game we beat the Sabres like 10 years ago, anyone remember that? Havlat with 4 goals.

Havlat had 4 but so did Alfie. Heatley had the other 2. 10 goals among 3 players.

CorrectOpinion

Mar 8, 2016
I don't think we can lay the blame of this game on the couch or players. Our roster is just too thin. We need to make some additions. I actually don't think it would take much. We just need to add to the blueline.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I don't think we can lay the blame of this game on the couch or players. Our roster is just too thin. We need to make some additions. I actually don't think it would take much. We just need to add to the blueline.

I think the coach and players can be better. Not sure why everyone gets a free pass. Yesterday was unexpected. This team is a heck of a lot better than that. The leaders have to lead instead of being the biggest issue with the team.

Hopefully they bounce back or else character may come into question. Doesn't mean they have to win, but show up. Hit players. Make it tough to play in the neutral zone. That requires work. Hard work.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

We need to think long term. Rebuilding requires years of high draft picks to get high quality players to create a high quality playoff team that is a contender for the SC. Getting some old vets to shore up the team in the short run will lead to wandering in the wilderness of mediocrity, making the playoffs one year only to miss out the next. Some short term (a few years) of pain is required.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
While I don't blame the coach for this recent loss, I am all for getting rid of him at some point & not re-signing him when his contract is over, just let him walk & get a real NHL coach who knows how to develop younger players.

PD needs to, over the course of this season, move out most of the UFAs (Wideman, Paajarvi, Pyatt, Carey, Sexton, Burgdoerfer, McKenna, JOB & Bailsy), or not re-sign them, they won't need them for next yr.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
While I don't blame the coach for this recent loss, I am all for getting rid of him at some point & not re-signing him when his contract is over, just let him walk & get a real NHL coach who knows how to develop younger players.

PD needs to, over the course of this season, move out most of the UFAs (Wideman, Paajarvi, Pyatt, Carey, Sexton, Burgdoerfer, McKenna, JOB & Bailsy), or not re-sign them, they won't need them for next yr.

I think we need a real GM first

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->