GDT: Your New Jersey Devils @ Philadelphia Flyers, 7 PM, MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
That reminds me, I have to renew my Canadian membership card.

actually, i have it here in front of me.... stamped and sealed in an envelope ....i'll mail it out later today

you should expect it anywhere from 7 business days to 10 months from now.... all depending on whether or not canada post loses it or not....

(like they did my licence renewal. ...they also inputted my address wrong and sent my passport to an address that doesn't exist)

must be nice to be a government worker enjoying three martini lunches.

f***ing idiots :shakehead

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
You know he’s gonna start more than three games between now and then unless he’s injured and not on the roster/available to play.

Because Schmid is almost definitely gonna have a bad game between now and then and they’ll go right back to Vitek. And he’ll get excused for bad games he has, because that’s how it’s been happening the entire season.

With the way this year has went so far and these assholes and the Vanecek boner they have it’s gonna be Schmid that starts those 3 games instead of Vitek lol.
They don't have the luxury of Blackwood to backstop them anymore. You could always count on him to come through in the clutch when they needed him.

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
This will be a good test to see if the boys are back. Philly is no joke, they have improved a lot from last year and just had a 5 game winning streak, beating teams like Vegas, Carolina and LA. If the Devs under estimate them, it's gonna get ugly for us. This (and the SJ game) could be big wins to keep the momentum going before the western roadtrip.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Some wounds only heal on the outside

1701378070477.png

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kinda wild that Akira has to save our season twice in net in matter of what, 8 months? We don't have a luxury of a reset for Vanecek mid year too.
I’ll believe it when I see it.

If he has a bad game he probably won’t play again until the next back to back.

And even if he has a good game and Vanecek has a good game against the Sharks, I’m sure he’ll start game one of the road trip.

I’m through buying “This is finally the game that does it with starting Vitek so much!”.

Reactions: My3Sons

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I’ll believe it when I see it.

If he has a bad game he probably won’t play again until the next back to back.

And even if he has a good game and Vanecek has a good game against the Sharks, I’m sure he’ll start game one of the road trip.

I’m through buying “This is finally the game that does it with starting Vitek so much!”.

Well we lose tonight and we beat the Sharks tomorrow (this board will eviscreate itself if we don't) on a B2B, Vitek's getting the net back regardless lol

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I hate those commercials.

I hate Christmas.

I hate Hanukkah.

Nothing at all to do with the religious aspects of them, I just find most of the holiday season to be depressing.

Ironically, there’s something I love about walking around my neighborhood in shorts and checking out the Christmas lights.

I still don’t know why I can’t stand the holiday season. I wanna say it comes from when my long time girlfriend and I split up around this time of the year. And we still had Christmas with my family and Christmas and Hanukkah with her family, despite being broken up a couple of weeks before that.

But I think it’s something that goes so far back that I can’t even remember.

I’m not Scrooge. I do hope everyone else enjoys their holiday, but I really can’t stand this time of the year with the Christmas music, the commercials, etc.

Bah Humbug

My3Sons

Sponsor
How insulting to rub December to Remember in our face when you know this forum celebrates Toyotathon.

Show some class, please.
my youngest made that joke to me about Happy Honda Days as well. To me that was a stretch for the generation that would rather self immolate before making a dad joke but it's always subjective.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Well we lose tonight and we beat the Sharks tomorrow (this board will eviscreate itself if we don't) on a B2B, Vitek's getting the net back regardless lol
I know

And it’s bullshit

Ruff and Rogalski are both riding Vitek right to their closed door meetings where both are handed their pink slips.

No playoffs this year means all three will be gone after this year. Or at least hopefully.

I bet Vitek isn’t on this team next year. If he is then it means somehow he finished this year with similar numbers to last year.

I just ran the numbers. Vitek playing 37 more games this year (god help us) would take him to the same number of games he played last year, though I didn’t calculate down to the exact number of minutes because that’s too complicated.

If Vitek plays 37 more games this year, while averaging 32 shots faced per game (just a random/realistic number I used) and plays at a .920% the rest of the year, he’d finish the season with a .910% when you add his body of work he’s already completed on the season.

So basically he’d have to have the “Cory is back!” Fools gold run from 2019, only in about twice the number of games played, just to finish around the same place he did last season.

Can you imagine Vitek playing .920% over the next 37 games? Has he ever even had a stretch in his NHL career where he played to a .920% over 37 games?

Even if he plays to a .920% over 20 games, I’m sure that barely just brings him above .900% on the season.

He would have to have a run that rivals Blackwood’s run from Hynes firing to the covid pause just to finish the season on par with last year.

My3Sons

Sponsor
I know

And it’s bullshit

Ruff and Rogalski are both riding Vitek right to their closed door meetings where both are handed their pink slips.

No playoffs this year means all three will be gone after this year. Or at least hopefully.

I bet Vitek isn’t on this team next year. If he is then it means somehow he finished this year with similar numbers to last year.

I just ran the numbers. Vitek playing 37 more games this year (god help us) would take him to the same number of games he played last year, though I didn’t calculate down to the exact number of minutes because that’s too complicated.

If Vitek plays 37 more games this year, while averaging 32 shots faced per game (just a random/realistic number I used) and plays at a .920% the rest of the year, he’d finish the season with a .910% when you add his body of work he’s already completed on the season.

So basically he’d have to have the “Cory is back!” Fools gold run from 2019, only in about twice the number of games, just to finish around the same place he did last season.

Can you imagine Vitek playing .920% over the next 37 games? Has he ever even had a stretch in his NHL career where he played to a .920% over 37 games?

Even if he plays to a .920% over 20 games, I’m sure that barely just brings him above .900% on the season.
If NJ does make a goalie move in season my expectation is that unless Vitek goes back as part of the return, the newly acquired goalie will replace Schmid in the lineup and Schmid goes back to Utica.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If NJ does make a goalie move in season my expectation is that unless Vitek goes back as part of the return, the newly acquired goalie will replace Schmid in the lineup and Schmid goes back to Utica.
If Schmid needs to play in Utica again next year then I don’t know if he’ll ever be a serious NHL goaltender.

Schmid will be 24 in May.

Is he even still waiver ineligible next year? I guess that depends on how many games he plays this year?

Vanecek’s salary is several million dollars per, so I think they’d push to move him him rather than have $8-$10 million tied up in goalies.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Thank goodness this is the end of No Luck November and we can move onto a December to Remember!

How insulting to rub December to Remember in our face when you know this forum celebrates Toyotathon.

Show some class, please.

my youngest made that joke to me about Happy Honda Days as well. To me that was a stretch for the generation that would rather self immolate before making a dad joke but it's always subjective.

You know.... Ray Catena may have something to say about this....... "Yeah...."

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
I hate those commercials.

I hate Christmas.

I hate Hanukkah.

Nothing at all to do with the religious aspects of them, I just find most of the holiday season to be depressing.

Ironically, there’s something I love about walking around my neighborhood in shorts and checking out the Christmas lights.

I still don’t know why I can’t stand the holiday season. I wanna say it comes from when my long time girlfriend and I split up around this time of the year. And we still had Christmas with my family and Christmas and Hanukkah with her family, despite being broken up a couple of weeks before that.

But I think it’s something that goes so far back that I can’t even remember.

I’m not Scrooge. I do hope everyone else enjoys their holiday, but I really can’t stand this time of the year with the Christmas music, the commercials, etc.

Bah Humbug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad