GDT: Your New Jersey Devils @ Philadelphia Flyers, 7 PM, MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
I'll be there in attendance. Making the trip from the Hudson Valley (hour and 20 minutes north from Prudential Center). Please make the 3 hour drive each way to watch you guys on the road worth it lol.
Wells Fargo center is really nice these days. Come hungry food choices blows the Rock away! LFGD.

Reactions: PizzaAndPucks

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
IMG_1794.jpeg
Finally back after being unjustifiably banned after making the Rags GDT. I’m still not sure if Doggo had his posting privileges returned or not.

Torts still absolutely refuses to lose to the NJD and the NJD still can’t solve him.

And Philthy are actually a very strong team this year and ahead of the NJD in the standings. The standings say what they are and there’s no denying it. A very good team that will make the playoffs. The NJD used up about a month’s worth of luck against NYb the other night.

4-1 Torts

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
The Roast Pork Sandwich is the true philadelphia great sandwich. Much better than the cheesesteak.

There used to be a place in Philly that had a fried chicken, mayo, and a few other toppings called an oafwich or something, but I can't find it anymore.

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
As for Hamilton, we’ll definitely miss his offense, but I believe we’re a better defensive team without him. Just my opinion.

I still think we are underusing him on the powerplay. I get it - Luke has been good. Still think Hamilton has a better shot / and at the moment offensive flair.

Maybe they are trying to keep him fresh?

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
I still think we are underusing him on the powerplay. I get it - Luke has been good. Still think Hamilton has a better shot / and at the moment offensive flair.

Maybe they are trying to keep him fresh?

I think Luke gives the PP more dynamic movement...and also if the PP is gonna run through Jack on the left boards then from there its better to pass to a lefty dman for a one timer than it is a righty.

Though yes I do agree that having Luke there instead of Dougie makes the shot from the point way less of a weapon.

Reactions: My3Sons and Saugus

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I think Luke gives the PP more dynamic movement...and also if the PP is gonna run through Jack on the left boards then from there its better to pass to a lefty dman for a one timer than it is a righty.

Though yes I do agree that having Luke there instead of Dougie makes the shot from the point way less of a weapon.

Agreed. I'm ok with sacrificing one weapon by not having Dougie's point shot, if Luke's better puck distribution makes everybody else on the unit more dangerous.

I think the PP results so far speak for themselves. It is the least of our worries, and we should just let the Hughes brothers cook.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
We could really use Timo in this one. Philly is not bad this year, won’t be an easy game if we’re missing a few guys.
These injuries are out of control. At least it's happening in the beginning.

I think we're going to see 2-3 weeks without Haula and Hamilton.
I am hoping we get Timo back for the Western trip. Nosek we may not see for a long time.

Reactions: My3Sons

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Hoping Schmid gets the majority or at least the 1a starts from here until the deadline and runs with it. There are 12 games from now until Christmas, with 3 back to backs. Vanecek probably has to start at least 3 games at a minimum:

- SJ (12/1)
- CGY (12/9)
- ANA (12/17)

That would give Schmid a managable workload until Christmas.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hoping Schmid gets the majority or at least the 1a starts from here until the deadline and runs with it. There are 12 games from now until Christmas, with 3 back to backs. Vanecek probably has to start at least 3 games at a minimum:

- SJ (12/1)
- CGY (12/9)
- ANA (12/17)

That would give Schmid a managable workload until Christmas.

You know he’s gonna start more than three games between now and then unless he’s injured and not on the roster/available to play.

Because Schmid is almost definitely gonna have a bad game between now and then and they’ll go right back to Vitek. And he’ll get excused for bad games he has, because that’s how it’s been happening the entire season.

With the way this year has went so far and these assholes and the Vanecek boner they have it’s gonna be Schmid that starts those 3 games instead of Vitek lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad