GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (24-12-3) vs. New York Rangers (22-12-6), 1 PM, MSGSN/NHL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camille the Eel

This game was a transformed mirror image of the Rangers overtime win against us at MSG last month.

We blew a two goal lead at MSG, they blow a 2 goal lead in Newark yesterday. They won in OT after we nearly scored a few OT winners at MSG, on a quick rush where Chytil beat Vancek below the blocker to the far side. We won in OT yesterday after they nearly scored some OT winners until Severson beats Igor below the blocker to the far side on a counter attack.

What goes around comes around.

Even the fan reaction. We were inordinately depressed by them getting the extra point last month, and their fans were inordinately depressed yesterday (just read their board as to the game) while we were elated.

It matters quite a bit emotionally to the fan bases who wins those OT games and shoot outs. Matters probably more than the rational weight of the extra point. It's "winning" as opposed to "losing" -and a very precarious luck-driven-arbitrary when it comes to that, as to those games that go beyond regulation.

For our confidence that was a huge come back yesterday and the important thing was tying it up. We were left for dead in my eyes after 2 periods as all of our recent attempted come backs had fallen short over the past five weeks. And the Bruins and Dallas both beat us with late goals in the third period and the second after we did manage to pull even in a couple of those games.

Then we get the bounce yesterday for Jack's tying goal because really - a bounce it was that made that play possible.

MakoSlade

Nov 17, 2005
New York City
Agreed, wouldn't say they're screwed per se but to get to the next level they need one. Can't turn this season into what happened after the Hall MVP year and Shero sitting on his hands virtually for the 2018 offseason only to shoot his load in the 2019 offseason which blew up in his face. I think Fitz is going to capitalize on this year after seeing what Shero did and how it arguably cost him his job.

The way Fitz has addressed weaknesses I suspect we will be a much bigger and harder team to play against next year.

Reactions: StevensRocks

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Down in the comments, this clown really thinks Kakko will be better than Hughes:

lol He’s going to have a lot of catching up to do from 28 onwards. Kakko has 76 career pts. He has 18 in 41 so far so he’s pacing for another 18. That’d give him 94. As long as Jack’s healthy he is going to finish this season with more pts than Kakko has in his career. Can even throw him Kakko’s 5 playoff pts and Jack will likely pass 99 if healthy.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
but i thought his whole thing was that kakko was better now (meaning, at the time of the draft). now they have to wait until he’s 28? jeez louise what a mess

“Better in the long run” “Bigger, stronger, FASTER right now” Steve was thinking off the bat and long term. Also can’t help but laugh at Nico being described as small and being a similar player to Jack. If Nico was not European then the “sMaLl” narrative that somehow surrounded him for YEARS never would’ve existed. The guy was measured at 6’1.5 at the combine but sure because he a bit slight at 18 and a “soft Euro” he was essentially Brian Gionta sized out there

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I miss our jersey with the stripes. I still can’t get used to these Adidas jerseys without them. Not a fan of the jerseys worn today; they’re an eye sore. The Jersey jerseys aren’t so bad.

The new jersey company has to fix the terrible arm stripes. Not having the middle stripe bigger is so dumb I can’t stand it. It’s makes the middle stripe look smaller, it never doesn’t annoy me.

That’s an easy fix and adding the bottom strip back seems like an obvious way to “retro” them for sales. A two color shoulder seems like a pretty obvious add too.

I’m sure they’ll put some twist on it everyone will bitch about too lol.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
The new jersey company has to fix the terrible arm stripes. Not having the middle stripe bigger is so dumb I can’t stand it. It’s makes the middle stripe look smaller, it never doesn’t annoy me.

That’s an easy fix and adding the bottom strip back seems like an obvious way to “retro” them for sales. A two color shoulder seems like a pretty obvious add too.

I’m sure they’ll put some twist on it everyone will bitch about too lol.

Original template and swap the green for black. Those would be perfect.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
0CFB01F0-E161-41B1-90B2-D23F2E3A3EFD.jpeg

1179EF96-A68D-4836-82E6-263F80104471.jpeg
61006ECC-D8A8-4E6B-90B2-577A2064E1C1.jpeg
3D05DA1F-BD62-44C6-905E-D0D25E9D250E.jpeg
2569A647-6F3F-4DF0-A67F-DC57AB89F0BF.jpeg

E5584934-13EE-41F8-B41A-A64DC04995D0.jpeg

5E04FD1B-3B49-427F-AC55-591F6F10F642.jpeg

30A12874-CEDF-46DA-A4B9-503ACF6EB9A4.jpeg

6942F387-1477-4186-90A3-CB1D430D978C.jpeg

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I'm enjoying looking at the reactions of Rangers fans in those shots probably a little bit too much. I think my favorite might be the one in the upper right corner of the third picture with his hands up around his face.

There’s a threesome by the stairs in both of the Severson photos of a large headed bald guy, a kid with hat and a young woman with a look of gasping horror that I too can’t stop weirdly enjoying.

The large head guy sadly tilts in the second photo, the glum kid pulls the hat over his head and young woman stands up, still gasping in horror.

I don’t know why, but I enjoy all of it.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
There’s a threesome by the stairs in both of the Severson photos of a large headed bald guy, a kid with hat and a young woman with a look of gasping horror that I too can’t stop weirdly enjoying.

The large head guy sadly tilts in the second photo, the glum kid pulls the hat over his head and young woman stands up, still gasping in horror.

I don’t know why, but I enjoy all of it.

lol I was going to bring up the bald guy and the woman

Reactions: Guttersniped
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: