GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (24-12-3) vs. New York Rangers (22-12-6), 1 PM, MSGSN/NHL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

BA6E8A27-AB03-48B6-AD08-452CEF5B4469.jpeg

“Better in the long run” “Bigger, stronger, FASTER right now” Steve was thinking off the bat and long term. Also can’t help but laugh at Nico being described as small and being a similar player to Jack. If Nico was not European then the “sMaLl” narrative that somehow surrounded him for YEARS never would’ve existed. The guy was measured at 6’1.5 at the combine but sure because he a bit slight at 18 and a “soft Euro” he was essentially Brian Gionta sized out there

EB66B30A-E1D4-4ECA-9B89-59AEE3BB11BC.jpeg

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Wish Hughes turns weren’t so wide
he can turn as wide as he wishes after scoring the sc winning goal. from prudential center to madison square garden around it a few times and back.

@Nubmer6: massively disappointed about the lack of progress.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
came here to see, who gets more hate - blackwood or blackhaula?
Okay, as bad as Haula has been and as much as I've been joining in on the parade with him, he's still a MUCH BETTER PLAYER at his position than Blackwood is at his. Not to mention Blackwood plays the more important position and 60 minutes of Blackwood is much more LETHAL than 16 minutes of Haula.

Haula isn't a bad player (he's a bad goal scorer anymore and his hands are likely gone), even if he's not all that good. He isn't the liability Blackwood is.

A goalie liability is a much larger liability than any other player.

And that includes some goon like Mason Geertsen playing 5 minutes a game.

Camille the Eel

Okay, as bad as Haula has been and as much as I've been joining in on the parade with him, he's still a MUCH BETTER PLAYER at his position than Blackwood is at his. Not to mention Blackwood plays the more important position and 60 minutes of Blackwood is much more LETHAL than 16 minutes of Haula.

Haula isn't a bad player (he's a bad goal scorer anymore and his hands are likely gone), even if he's not all that good. He isn't the liability Blackwood is.

A goalie liability is a much larger liability than any other player.

And that includes some goon like Mason Geertsen playing 5 minutes a game.
When Hughes first arrived, he was seen as a guy who would feed other scorers. We wanted a sniper on his wing. But oddly he's becoming the scorer himself right now. And Haula's role has been feeding the puck to Jack and keeping an eye out for back checking and puck possession and also face-offs while Jack is on the ice. I really can't complain about him (much) as long as Jack continues to rampage. Haula is the logistical support.

That said, yes he's more than snakebitten and disappointing as a shooter and should easily have had 5 to 10 more goals of his own at this point given the looks that he's been gifted.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
When Hughes first arrived, he was seen as a guy who would feed other scorers. We wanted a sniper on his wing. But oddly he's becoming the scorer himself right now. And Haula's role has been feeding the puck to Jack and keeping an eye out for back checking and puck possession and also face-offs while Jack is on the ice. I really can't complain about him (much) as long as Jack continues to rampage. Haula is the logistical support.

That said, yes he's more than snakebitten and disappointing as a shooter and should easily have had 5 to 10 more goals of his own at this point given the looks that he's been gifted.

Outside of faceoffs (f***ing LOL) Tatar could've done that and give you more production. Palat could now do that and likely give you more production. He does not belong that high in the lineup.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Outside of faceoffs (f***ing LOL) Tatar could've done that and give you more production. Palat could now do that and likely give you more production. He does not belong that high in the lineup.
I definitely don’t think he’s making Jack worse, but he sure isn’t making him better either. He’s just there.

His overall point production isn’t bad, which I’d say is in large part due to who he plays with.

I’m pretty convinced his hands are gone though.

I think he’ll finish somewhere between 7-9 goals for the season if he plays 80 games. So he has 42 games to score 5-7 more.

2.6% is unlucky, but there’s plenty of reason to believe he’s no longer a 12.4% shooter like he was coming into this year and his hands are eroding. Happens to players at his age all the time. Sometimes even younger.

Camille the Eel

Tatar likes the puck on his own stick too damn much. Especially to play with Jack. It's his default. He'll rag it down low, rag it up high, circle around and get his shot blocked in the end or get it knocked off his stick. That's the MO. He's having a decent year for us but I find him infuriating to watch. Give us a big play with a game fading, he's certain to miss the great set up by tipping it over the net (Shesterkin at MSG). But I am prejudiced. I really can't stand Tatar and never have been able to since he joined our club. He's doing well on Nico's wing, I say leave it alone.

But hey you have probably more people who will agree with you here than I have and probably the better of the argument. Mine is a bit too annoyed-with-Tatar-in-general a view.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad