GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (16-13-2, 34 Pts) vs. Detroit Red Wings (16-13-4, 36 Pts), 7 PM, MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Dominant game, but felt frustrating due to our lack of finishing and one d zone blunder
IMG_2612.jpeg

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Good win, can't believe some people had an issue with Vitek down tonight at 2-1. Glad Timo looks like he's somewhat back, maybe he stole Jack's powers space jam style but I'll take it at this point. Should've been a bigger score with who was in net for the Wings + them on a B2B, you can tell their legs were shot in the third a bit. Take the win and run and go on a heater after the break. Hopefully all you guys enjoy your Christmas if you do/don't celebrate. Back on Wednesday to bitch about this team we all love. :laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I got nothing against Ruff as a human being, I think he's a great guy. Ruff as a coach has many faults.

However, the defense has improved by quite a bit these last few games. If that continues, and we somehow improve our slow starts, Ruff ain't going nowhere soon.

My issue is more the mental lapses, not starting on time, players taking shifts and games off.

Ruff has tk get this under control or he needs to go right away.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That's why I want the opposite to happen against Columbus.

But we'll worry about that when that game arrives.

As for now, enjoy the win and Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas/etc. to you and your family.

Oh and also to all Devils fans' families here. :xtree::xsign:
Thanks! Merry Christmas to yourself and everyone else!:nod:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Good win, can't believe some people had an issue with Vitek down tonight at 2-1. Glad Timo looks like he's somewhat back, maybe he stole Jack's powers space jam style but I'll take it at this point. Should've been a bigger score with who was in net for the Wings + them on a B2B, you can tell their legs were shot in the third a bit. Take the win and run and go on a heater after the break. Hopefully all you guys enjoy your Christmas if you do/don't celebrate. Back on Wednesday to bitch about this team we all love. :laugh:
The goal that made it 2-1 was not a good one.

And that penalty in the 3rd was also after he got scrambly and everybody panicked.

He had some luck on his side with the post hit/missed open net on the same shift during what I think was the ensuing power play. He probably should have stopped the second goal and got scored on during that power play.

When you're playing as bad as he's played this year, those breaks sometimes happen, because it's kind of hard to play too much worse than he has.

Although, he's still not been Jon Gillies bad, who had an .885% on an expected .905%. He has an .885% (or .883% coming into this game) on an expected .892% or .893%.

I think spicy pork douchebag also had an .882% or something on an expected .905% here.

Camille the Eel

The boys got it done tonight
and on shitty ice, with the puck bouncing every which way and really every lucky break going against them too. Character win. We outplayed them but this was the kind of game you often don’t get the result in despite that. And this was a big game for us too. Didn’t want to drop 4 straight going into the Holiday and we willed our way to get this one.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
and on shitty ice, with the puck bouncing every which way and really every lucky break going against them too. Character win. We outplayed them but this was the kind of game you often don’t get the truly in despite that. And this was a big game for us too. Didn’t want to drop 4 straight going into the Holiday and we willed our way to get this one.

I'm so sick of our home ice being dog shit.

Puck is a ping pong ball every home game.

The f***int Metlife game is going to have better ice then The Rock

Reactions: Camille the Eel

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Never understood the focus on ice conditions. The other team is playing on the same surface, it’s not like the devils are uniquely disadvantaged.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The goal that made it 2-1 was not a good one.

And that penalty in the 3rd was also after he got scrambly and everybody panicked.

He had some luck on his side with the post hit/missed open net on the same shift during what I think was the ensuing power play. He probably should have stopped the second goal and got scored on during that power play.

When you're playing as bad as he's played this year, those breaks sometimes happen, because it's kind of hard to play too much worse than he has.

Although, he's still not been Jon Gillies bad, who had an .885% on an expected .905%. He has an .885% (or .883% coming into this game) on an expected .892% or .893%.

I think spicy pork douchebag also had an .882% or something on an expected .905% here.

I have more of an issue what led up to that, I also can't fault a goalie giving up a goal when the dmen is allowed to walk down Broadway, have a picnic and still shoot. He did have some saves earlier so even if you think that particular goal was soft, he still did his job to limit the damage. I just think the fanbase is so drained from Vitek from playoffs and half of this year that we nitpick everything he does but a goalie in a Lindy system is usually a helpless position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad