GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (15-20-5) vs. Dallas Stars (21-16-2), 7 PM, ESPN+/Hulu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Brayden Holtby is an average goalie at best, that just pulled off a great game. Must be nice.

Reactions: Bleedred

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Teach him to be a Bruin fan. You'll have a happier household.

I'm going to let him choose for himself, but maybe offer a little guidance along the way.

And eras change. The Bruins may seem like a good bet now, but they were shit when I was a kid. The kids in my neighborhood idolized Byron F***ing Dafoe while I had Brodeur.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
09CE8A75-F3D6-48AF-9087-914ED24F9E0F.jpeg
B310E873-45AA-40CD-8D32-E8177F11D727.jpeg

Reactions: Devs3cups

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm going to let him choose for himself, but maybe offer a little guidance along the way.

And eras change. The Bruins may seem like a good bet now, but they were shit when I was a kid. The kids in my neighborhood idolized Byron F***ing Dafoe while I had Brodeur.
The Bruin we're never really bad for a prolonged period of time. I mean they had some rough years in the mid 90's but we missed the playoffs more in the last 9 years than they have in the last 53 years

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I thought the goal he allowed was not a good one, but I don't think it's doing Schmid any good keeping him up here and giving him games where he's not been successful.

I'd give Schmid one more start (maybe not next game against Tampa, that's too tough a team to hope he comes up with a good one) to see if he could give a good game and if not then leave him in the AHL the rest of the season.
Someone has to wear goalie equipment and a Devils jersey other than Gillies in games though. Unless you’re suggesting we give Daws another try. (I’m not arguing against that.) It’s tough to see where we scrounge up another goalie, but I sure would like one. Neither AHL rookie is remotely experienced enough for the NHL, it will not go well. (And they both need to play in the AHL.)

Buffalo gets first dibs on the waiver wire and they’re playing Dell tonight against the Sens. Their goalie situation is f***ed too.

I guess they might stick with the crap they have but it depends on when all the Sabres goalies are scheduled to get off IR. They have four goalies on there currently.

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad